Z390 Aorus Ultra - RAM issue's

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2018
Hi guys,

i have updated my system with a new motherboard, CPU, GPU and Ram.

• Motherboard: Z390 Aorus Ultra
    CPU: i7-9700K
    GPU: Gefore GTX 1080 Ti
    Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws SDRAM-DDR4-3200 2x8GB (2 slots)

Now when installing everything i had alot of issue's when using the 'correct' ram slots on the motherboard.

There are 4 slots, called A1 / A2 / B1 / B2.
The manual says: Use A2 & B2 is you are only using 2 slots.
So the ram can work in dual mode instead of single mode.

Tried it with the following problems:

• PC goes in boot loop
    PC doesnt boot
    If it does boot it crashes when reaching windows
    BSOD with KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (not driver related, pure ram issue)

So instead of using A2 & B2 im using B1 & B2 atm. But sadly enough the ram runs in single channel. I did a BIOS flash to update from F3 to F5.
Went perfectly and on the first boot going into bios mode i got the message that i'm using the wrong slots (what is correct ofc).

I was glad to receive this message hoping they fixed the problems with a BIOS flash. But sadly it didnt, same results when using the correct slots again.

Now i'm turing towards the almighty internet hoping to find someone to help me out. I don't know what I can do next to fix the problem (not really want to buy 4 slots of ram to fix the issue).

Thanks in advance,
Nathan.

Solution
Last and final update: New motherboard: i went for the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra again (i was scared af).

All problems are fixed! (thank god)
It must of been something faulty about the board for sure ... everything runs so mooth now (XMP active).

Thank you all for trying!

Cheers, Nathan.
Dec 1, 2018
Update:

got new RAM: Corsair 16 GB DDR4-3200 Kit (https://www.alternate.be/Corsair/16-GB-DDR4-3200-Kit-werkgeheugen/html/product/1220684?event=search)

Yet still the same issues!!! Activate XMP and PC goes mental (BSOD, boot lockups, ...).
It has to be my motherboard right? As last test i'll be getting some 2.4 MHz RAM just to be 100% sure.
But i think i will have to RMA my motherboard :(

Dec 1, 2018
Last and final update: New motherboard: i went for the Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra again (i was scared af).

All problems are fixed! (thank god)
It must of been something faulty about the board for sure ... everything runs so mooth now (XMP active).

Thank you all for trying!

Cheers, Nathan.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.