Z390 Boots Single Channel Ram, No Dual Channel

Jul 7, 2018
Hello,

It takes forever for gigabyte to respond to tickets. So I figured maybe the intelligent community around here could give me some direction.

The PC will boot with XMP when a1/a2 are populated (Single) however when you try to populate a2/b2 or a1/b1 it gives a c1 code. Per my reading I've been told this is a memory issue. I ran memtest ok n both sticks. They tested fine. I tried booting the machine with 1 stick in a2, enabling xmp, shutting down, populating b2. Still nothing. I tried the bios f4/f5 as well as the latest (F8E) that is currently installed.

I have another computer (Spoiled Myself) with the z370 Gaming 5. I took the ram out of that (2x4gb ddr42400) that was already running in dual with xmp. Tried that on this mobo, still failed. Took the ram out of that PC, put it in the z370, booted just fine. Tried backing off the cpu cooler a couple turns as well.

Thinking this is an rma issue. But would like to see if maybe a different bios would help this work. Dont want to get a new board to have the same issue. (2-3 week period of waiting).

PC1: (Faulty Board)
I9-9900k
Z390 Aorus Master Rev 1
Gskill Trident DDR4-3200 (Not on QVL RGB)
Corsair AX760

PC2:
I3-8100
Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 (Bios F12b)
Gskill Rampage DDR4-2400 (Didnt check QVL)
Corsair 750