[SOLVED] z490 aorus ultra wont enter BIOS

Oct 19, 2020
Hello guys, so the problem is whatever I do I can not enter the BIOS in my MOBO.

The only way is clearing CMOS, wich is a same because I lose all configured parameters everytime...

fastboot disabled on windows 10, tried to enter with the f8 method, but It just won´t work.

Any advice?

Solution
Oh boy yes two monitors will have this happen which isn't a problem. Do you have both monitors turned on and not in power saving. It will show the BIOS POST on the second monitor not your main one. On your second monitor you should see a post and hit DEL and get right in. Please let me know what is up with this now. Also I would change the second monitors port behind video card to a different one and once again make sure the secondary monitor works. Both are on you will see a post 99 percent of the time on the secondary monitor. Hit me back up!👶✝🎗☮

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Sorry for your troubles well fix you up my friend. So let me get this straight, Windows 10 works properly? Just you can not get into BIOS and there is a valid POST just DEL key does nothing uh? Is this a new build? When did the problem start? I recommend grabbing a serial port keyboard or take your USB keyboard and plug it straight behind the motherboard. If still no go then plug the USB cable or another keyboard into a USB HUB if you have one if not perhaps a port behind your motheboard. Hit me back up when you have tried all these.💯🤷‍♂️✝

Oct 19, 2020
Sorry for your troubles well fix you up my friend. So let me get this straight, Windows 10 works properly? Just you can not get into BIOS and there is a valid POST just DEL key does nothing uh? Is this a new build? When did the problem start? I recommend grabbing a serial port keyboard or take your USB keyboard and plug it straight behind the motherboard. If still no go then plug the USB cable or another keyboard into a USB HUB if you have one if not perhaps a port behind your motheboard. Hit me back up when you have tried all these.💯🤷‍♂️✝

Let me answer!

Windows 10 works properly? Yes, perfectly fine from the first moment!
Is this a new build? Yeah, I changed MOBO but I could enter with my other one without problems
When did the problem start? From the beggining, the only way to access bios is clearing CMOS, that is the only way I can enter it

I use usb ports from behind also.

I noticed that I don´t get a POST , I just got a black screen, then w10 log in (but I disabled fastboot)

I use 2 monitors (in case this helps...)

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Oh boy yes two monitors will have this happen which isn't a problem. Do you have both monitors turned on and not in power saving. It will show the BIOS POST on the second monitor not your main one. On your second monitor you should see a post and hit DEL and get right in. Please let me know what is up with this now. Also I would change the second monitors port behind video card to a different one and once again make sure the secondary monitor works. Both are on you will see a post 99 percent of the time on the secondary monitor. Hit me back up!👶✝🎗☮

Solution

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
Also try taking out the battery from the motherboard that was working if you still have it and replace the battery and put it on the new motherboard. If were still failing I woudl consider looking into the case when you turn it on and look for a red light or lights upon post. If still no good I urge you to try a serial port cheapo keyboard and see if you can get in that way. Then if still failing I urge you to flash the BIOS firmware. Put the firmware on USB stick FAT32 and put it behind the proper USB input the mobo says for flashing and there is a button behind motherboard to flash the BIOS then at this point I think we have tried it all and you should be good. Let me know. ☮🎗✝👶

Turtle Rig

Prominent
BANNED
Jun 23, 2020
so @Turtle Rig apparently, it was that, using two monitors!!!!

I disconnected on of them and I just entered the BIOS quick and easy

I hope this can help other, because it was turning me crazy
Yeah I told you that was it. The ole dual monitors which Windows is good at but not the POST process. Must be disconnected for most and others it shows on secondary screen not primary. Told you we will solve this. Good job enjoy. Any other issues Im here for you.✝🎗🤷‍♂️💯❤👌

TRENDING THREADS