[SOLVED] Z490-E A2 and boot light

seanboy

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Hi guys, I did a search and actually found a similar post, but as opposed to the hard drives mentioned, i’m using a Samsung 970 evo plus NVME.

It’s a brand new build and first boot, (specs below) and on first boot it gives me a boot light and A2 error. The monitor shows the American megatrends splash page, “New CPU installed, press f1 for intel default CPU settings or press f3 to unlock limits for increased performance, you will proceed to the UEFI menu after this.”
Neither f1 or f3 register and it sticks on this screen, although cnrl alt del reboots so I know it’s working.

Asus Rog Strix Z490-E gaming
Corsair vengeance pro 2x16gb
Msi mag core liquid 240r
3060 ti founders edition
EVGA 850gq
H510i case (stock fans)
I have tried unplugging the gpu and connecting the display to the MB, taking out one piece of ram and moving them, also swapped the NVME between the first and second sockets and no luck.
The splash screen shows the ROG, 10700k, memory, Samsung 970, 0 drives, 2 keyboards?? 1 mouse and 2 hubs.

Apparently, A2 is an IDE Detect error. Has anyone come across this issue?

Solution
Well I got it working and was able to install the OS and boot it up. For anyone that may come across this issue and can use some help.

What I did was a bios flashback which can be done pre-post and with the system off. Once completed I actually reached the same screen, but this time I could access the bios and proceed from there. Hope this may help someone in the future.

seanboy

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
I think I will try to remove the 970 and refit the CPU and see if anything changes. Has anyone heard of maybe a fan wire or something else causing this? Any ideas of what else to look out for? I'll see if I cant get a picture posted.

seanboy

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Well I got it working and was able to install the OS and boot it up. For anyone that may come across this issue and can use some help.

What I did was a bios flashback which can be done pre-post and with the system off. Once completed I actually reached the same screen, but this time I could access the bios and proceed from there. Hope this may help someone in the future.

Solution