Z68XP-UD3 Bios update, now BSOD

andyhepp

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Hello,
I updated the bios of my Z68XP-UD3 motherboard today after installing a brand new GV-N560448-13I (560ti 448 core). At first I thought that the video card driver might be causing the crashes and system restored to its install. When that didn't work I figured I would try booting up in safe mode to open device manager and try and figure out what was going on, which also resulted in a BSOD. The crash screen talks about checking my hard drive, which I'm pretty sure is fine. This is my first time building a computer from scratch and I probably shouldn't have messed with updating the bios, I don't know a lot about it. I'd appreciate help greatly, thanks a lot. Sorry if I posted in the wrong area this is my first time asking in this forum.

My hardware:
i7 2600k
OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSD
Said motherboard and graphics card
2*4gb G.Skill F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM
Everything is at stock speeds (I think the ram is actually underclocked @1600hz because I loaded the fail safe settings)

Again, thanks a lot for your help or thoughts on the matter.

andyhepp

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Yeah, I figured out that the SATA was in RAID instead of AHCI, which I didn't check because I thought it wouldn't boot up at all in that case (stupid of me). Thanks for replying though, I couldn't figure out how to close the thread