Z77 Sabertooth green light turns on and off

usmaan

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

Past couple of weeks my machine has been acting strange. When I turn the power on, the motherboard green light doesn't come on straight away anymore. After about 15 seconds it comes on and goes off, and after about a minute it will show a solid green light which then allows me to power on my machine.

I have tried changing the CMOS battery, haven't tried a new PSU.

Any ideas? Is the PSU the problem or is my motherboard going to break down soon?

PSU is only a year old, using a Seasonic 1000w.

Thanks,
Usmaan

holyrage

Distinguished
is it still in warranty? u might need to RMA is u have a quality PSU and u already changed the battery

well u can try 2 things flashing the bios to latest version

and here is something i want you to try

try turning off the PSU if it has a switch bhiend for that/unpluging the cord

hold the power button for 30 seconds/ 60 seconds

plug everything back and see how it does i have a sabertooth my self and the battery is dead i think coz every time i turn off my PSU the bios would reset

usmaan

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012

It isn't under warranty anymore. RMA isn't an option unfortunately.

I've tried what you suggested -

Bios is already up to date to the latest version.

Tried holding the power button and still the same problem.

Seems like the motherboard is going to die within a month or so.

usmaan

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
Update - So I've just tried a new PSU and the green light comes on instantly. Pretty strange since this PSU is only a year old and Seasonic are a decent brand.

This is my 3rd PSU replacement in 4 years. Can anyone tell me if this could be due to a bad component? A while ago the PSU would sometimes spark when I switch on the main power. Could this mean it is a bad electric current?

Any help would be appreciated.