[SOLVED] Z790 motherboard and 4 x 32GB DDR5 sticks won't boot (DRAM status LED on) ?

Mar 11, 2023
I ordered two sets of the parts listed here (one for myself, one for a friend): https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mpsBVw

I guess the most relevant components are:
(1) Intel Core i9-13900K
(2) Two sets of Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2 x 32 GB) DDR5-5200 CL40
(3) Gigabyte Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX

We built both PCs today, and on both we are seeing the same problem: none of the two PCs boot when 4 DDR5 sticks are present and the DRAM status LED stays on, but boot fine with 2 sticks.

We have updated BIOS to most recent (F4D, released March 2023) on both motherboards and still see the same problem.

Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Once you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated, did you clear the CMOS? Disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power then replace the CMOS battery after 30 mins. Try one stick at a time till you're able to boot with all 4 sticks.

Try relieving some pressure off the screws/mounts for the AIO and see if that allows you work with all 4 sticks of ram.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Once you'd verified that the BIOS was successfully updated, did you clear the CMOS? Disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power then replace the CMOS battery after 30 mins. Try one stick at a time till you're able to boot with all 4 sticks.

Try relieving some pressure off the screws/mounts for the AIO and see if that allows you work with all 4 sticks of ram.

Solution