[SOLVED] Z97-A crashes when M2 Nvme is enabled

Dec 7, 2020
Hi, I'm new here.

I'm trying to install an nvme SSD on an Asus Z97-A motherboard.
When I enabled the M2 slot in the Onboard configuration and reboot, the board starts and crashes. The red led between first pcie x16 slot and m2 lights up just before it crashes.

I tried with clearing cmos and only turning on this option.
I tried with clearing cmos then updating bios to the last version and then enabling this option and it still crashes
I tried with and without graphic card and with and without ssd and it still crashes.
The only way to boot the motherboard in this state seems to be clearing the cmos.
I also tried with different UEFI option when ssd was on.

The ssd is a WD Blue SN550 nvme

Seems to be a faulty card at first but if anyone got an idea, thanks in advance.

Solution
Do you have BIOS 2801? latest is a beta bios and probably wouldn't help with this

can you test ssd in another PC?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you have BIOS 2801? latest is a beta bios and probably wouldn't help with this

Solution
Dec 7, 2020

Hi, thanks for your answer. I did not try another bios and could not test the sad in another pc so I decided to go with another ssd (but sata) for now. If I can try this I'll get back to let people know in case anyone has a similar issue.