Z97 has sata express but...

Akhan1

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014
I have a z97 chipset by asus, and i saw pictures of sata express (up to 10gb/s) but i can't find any, on any website. I typed in sata express under newegg, and other sites, and have had no luck. Does anyone know where i can but this cable? It plugs into 3 sata's like the link below,(second to last pic)
http://techreport.com/review/26401/a-first-look-at-sata-express-with-asus-hyper-express-storage-device

Also, i read that ssd in raid 0 is quicker, while on the net it doesn't seem to be true. I have 2x sata express spots, and in the future i wouldn't mind adding another 500gb to have 1tb of ssd storage.

Solution
HI, this is what google says-
SATA Express (abbreviated from Serial ATA Express and sometimes unofficially shortened to SATAe) is a computer bus interface that supports both Serial ATA (SATA) and PCI Express (PCIe) storage devices, initially standardized in the SATA 3.2 specification.
SO you cant get a Sata Express cable, rather its your motherboard that supports this. You cant go out and buy a Sata express hardrive.
Hope this helped.
HI, this is what google says-
SATA Express (abbreviated from Serial ATA Express and sometimes unofficially shortened to SATAe) is a computer bus interface that supports both Serial ATA (SATA) and PCI Express (PCIe) storage devices, initially standardized in the SATA 3.2 specification.
SO you cant get a Sata Express cable, rather its your motherboard that supports this. You cant go out and buy a Sata express hardrive.
Hope this helped.

Solution

Akhan1

Reputable
Sep 19, 2014

Hmm, on my motherboard it shows the 3xsata's as sata express, and in that url, that guy has that cable that would work in my computer