Zalman Debuts Two New Z9 Cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacre

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2006
Not too fond of the oh so common rectangle shape. For me its got to have a curve or two, something a little different than the box design.

The Vento 3600 looks great, using it right now. Unfortunately its got terrible cooling characteristics.

The Z9 plus series of cases are actually real good for the money, and there are a ton more features than what they list here. Side mounted HDD's, pre-drilled holes for water cooling, internal temperature sensor, comes with 3 120mm blue led fans, up to 7 120mm fans can be installed(3 can be 140mm), 4x USB 3.0 ports, well built construction(same as antec 300), large cutout on the motherboard tray so you dont have to remove the motherboard when installing an aftermarket cooler, and lots of room for cable management.

For only $50 you get ALOT of features you would normally only find on $80+ cases. I actually nabbed my Z9+ for only $34.99 with free shipping. lol. NCIX has them on sale all the time, and the cases get exellent reviews from websites and the customers that bought them. Too bad Tom's hasn't looked at reviewing them yet. Hopefully they will be in the next budget case review/roundup.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=57910&vpn=Z9%20Plus&manufacture=ZALMAN%20TECH&promoid=1306#CustomerReviews This is the one I have that is getting replaced with the new models. Full list of reviews from sites and people in the link as well.

f-14

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Not too fond of the oh so common rectangle shape. For me its got to have a curve or two, something a little different than the box design.The Vento 3600 looks great, using it right now. Unfortunately its got terrible cooling characteristics.[/citation]

apple would sue them then since they think they invented rounded corners on stuff, apple is even trying to sue my dead great great great grandfather for making a table with rounded corners over 200 years ago.

alextheblue

Distinguished
[citation][nom]sacre[/nom]Not too fond of the oh so common rectangle shape. For me its got to have a curve or two, something a little different than the box design.The Vento 3600 looks great, using it right now. Unfortunately its got terrible cooling characteristics.[/citation]Didn't your experience teach you anything? Function > form.[citation][nom]abbadon_34[/nom]give me a big box with standard screws for cheap and i'm happy. no plastic, nothing proprietary, no fan control and temperature display.[/citation]I used to agree with you, a long time ago. I still value simplicity, and I still don't care for screwless case designs. But I've found that the right kinds of improvements to design and materials can reduce noise and vibration, or even improve cooling. Depending on your goal and budget.

[citation][nom]CMI86[/nom]Hey hate all you want the X9's still offer twice the features and quality of any other case at it's price point so its a winner in my book.[/citation]

IDK for sure about being that much better than any other case at their price points, but I'll admit that they are at the very least among the best in class for their price points.

Status
Not open for further replies.