Zalman Releases a Triple Fan CNPS12X CPU Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
I have the CNPS9900 with its dual heat sink (the fan is sandwiched between the two halves) and it's huge. This heatsink evolves that concept further by slapping two more fans on the two sides and it is even bigger. Mine has 4 heatpipes, this has 6. I wonder what CPU is this intended to cool - the older model was sufficient for cooling overclocked 130W Intel CPUs and it only had 4 pipes...

TheWhiteRose000

Distinguished
I'll be impressed when I see it going at the Spire TherMax Eclipse II.

Spire II 65$
Zalman CNPS12X $92

Spire Eclipse II still rated best in the market.
(Although I want to see the Comparison test for the Zalman CNPS12X)

Then I'll be impressed.
If it can't compete with a cheaper / better cooler, the only reason's why I'd see someone would buy it is.

Zalman Fanboy.
Ascetic Value.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
wow, I have to say, for CPU coolers, that is one of the first ones from Zalman that I actually find pretty awesome looking. The rest of them just always looked so... circular and cheap. This one has something nice to it though

TeraMedia

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2006
Too bad all of the fins are parallel to the MB plane. A different arrangement would have afforded better coolling to MB VRs, NB/PCH, etc.

But still nice looking.

G

Zalman only make crap , i made the mistake of buying their Lq1000 case .. the CPU block had pre-corrosion inside where the fittings had been screwed in, the "anti-corrosion" blue additive that came with it (mix with distilled water) crystilised all of the CPU fittings, clogging the system, the alarm shut down the pump once the flow was too low, my brand new (1 month old) i7 970 hit 100C in speedfan overnight and sat there.. it was now a 5 core cpu.. i took apart my loop trying to blow through each component until i found the clog. the flow measureing spinner was clogged up too with a thick blue scum from the additive that came with the case... the cpu block (void warrenty if opened) was a terrible internal design of just corsses cut into the plate like a crossword, all of them plugged with crystals, the out flow fitting was plugged up completely, needing to be chisiled open with a screw driver.

the non existant phone number for zalman which is unlisted by them got me a call back a week later. this was after calling several times and leaving a message with general reception... the phone number has many dead end connections resulting in hangups.

zalman told me tough luck after i very politely told them what happened, te offered to replace the spinner and i could keep the old one. the bottle of additive (which i would no longer ever use) wouldn't be replaced even though it had all gone to waist flushing the system. the cpu block wouldn't be replaced as i had opened it (4screws no damage done) and they for sure wern't on the hook for my now f'd up $580 cpu.

Intel was so gracious they mailed me a new 970 chip immediately, i simply put the old chip in the box it came in and put the PREPAID mailing label on it and phoned for pickup.

I phoned thermaltake and explained i had an old kandalf case that i had replaced with the zalman because i was tired of the door on the kandalf and it's massive size, thermal take mailed me an i7 kit to mount my thermaltake cpu block to my i7 motherboard FOR FREE. and they also sent me FOR FREE 4 litres of there green UV reactive additive that i had told them i had always used in the past.

ZALMAN ... overpriced junk

Huh. I recall Zalman was asking for suggestions on a new cooler design a while back (read about it here at Tom's) and this is almost exactly what I had described. Anyway, it looks like a great design!

completely unnecessary... I think I want it!
I have a older all copper circular CPU heat-sink with one fan from Zalman and I love it. It runs very quiet, and the fan is probably not even necessary for what I am running. Only thing I hear on my PC are the HDDs, and on the next build it will just be an SSD with all the storage on the network, so it should be dead quiet!

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]bucknutty[/nom]2.2 pounds? I can't wait to see the mounting hardware and back plate![/citation]

Probably have to drill four holes through your case to get the extended mount bolts attached the 3lb counter weight lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.