[SOLVED] Zen 3 on b450

Solution
Hi there,

As far as I know, MSI have already said they will be supporting Zen 3 on most B450 Mobo's The bios size will remain the same. What will happen though is, the bios will be enabled for forward CPU compatibility, but will lose support for 1st Gen Ryzen.

You've no need to worry, as long as you update with the latest AGESA bios, you will be fine for Zen2/3.
Hi there,

As far as I know, MSI have already said they will be supporting Zen 3 on most B450 Mobo's The bios size will remain the same. What will happen though is, the bios will be enabled for forward CPU compatibility, but will lose support for 1st Gen Ryzen.

You've no need to worry, as long as you update with the latest AGESA bios, you will be fine for Zen2/3.

Solution
I just wanna know that how much BIOS ROM will zen 3/5000 series chip need ?
As I have msi b450 tomahawk which has 16mb BIOS ROM

BIOS rom size is not the limiting factor...vendor support is the issue. If the BIOS rom is too small to accommodate new chips the vendor will likely drop support for 1st gen chips...all this really means for you is make sure to update before removing an older chip.

Huzaifaarshad

Honorable
Jun 19, 2017
Hi there,

I am using ryzen 5 2600 and I updated my bios to latest one when I bought that motherboard 3months ago but I end up buying r5 2600
So Do I need to update when its other bios update will come Or I have to buy new cpu meams zen 2 or some zen 3 for that?
And
Nowadays,I am using ryzen 5 2600 with b450 tomahawk latest bios update ...... so does it make any issue for me
And
I don't have any olans to go for zen 3 but I just wanted to know for futyre safety

Thanks in advance

I am using ryzen 5 2600 and I updated my bios to latest one when I bought that motherboard 3months ago but I end up buying r5 2600
So Do I need to update when its other bios update will come Or I have to buy new cpu meams zen 2 or some zen 3 for that?
And
Nowadays,I am using ryzen 5 2600 with b450 tomahawk latest bios update ...... so does it make any issue for me
And
I don't have any olans to go for zen 3 but I just wanted to know for futyre safety

Thanks in advance
New BIOS for Zen3 will be released early next year, will be labeled as "Beta" and available only on demand with proof of purchase of Zen3 Ryzen.