Zombie F2P Game 'The War Z' Pulled From Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bean007

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2005
Didn't even know that it was on Steam. No matter, it sucked at the start and it will continue to suck.

They should have green lighted The Pinball Arcade instead of that shit.

What a crap game...I bought it and I had to fight with them for a month to get a refund. I bought the game looking at their webside thinking it will be a fun zombie shooter multiplayer something similar to L4D but with a bigger map...I get out of the noob area and I'm getting sniper by other people...I feel like the developers advertised the game without even finishing it..the game felt more like a one person survival than a zombie shooter. False advertising :p

mousseng

Honorable
Apr 13, 2012
Advertising "features that ... our engine is capable of?" That doesn't reek of panicky damage control at all. Whatever interest I may have had in the game prior to these 'scandals' has now vanished. I will not be buying a product of Hammerpoint Interactive, even if it's so good it makes you shit unicorns.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
"major disconnect between our development team and marketing team that resulted in some of the “coming soon” features being listed as current features on the Steam sales page."

Yeah, that could be a slight issue...

It's gotten into trouble in the past for ripping their terms of agreement from Riot Games's League of Legends. The developer was too careless about the blatant plagiarism and didn't even bother removing a link to the League of Legends website from the agreement.

Okay that's just a fail.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
I think AMC should send Rick and his small over to their headquarters and take care of them 'zombies'. No more mistakes by them walkers. Just sayin...

hate machine

Honorable
Jun 14, 2012
Lately there have been a few games that have released on Steam when they should not even be considered gold.

Forge, WarZ, Ace of Spades.

Forge is just straight up missing features from its progression system and half the menu options are greyed out.

WarZ is still in beta and is just missing too much. 20 bucks for a one small map game with half of the mechanics missing? On top of that there is a cash shop... What the hell? (hell it even says "Alpha version" on some of the ui elements)

Ace of Spades had perfect netcode during beta when it had a different direction but when it launched it is virtually unplayable online due to lag. Pretty awful for an online only game.

These are just examples of games I have purchased lately.

enewmen

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2005
Too bad, I had high hopes for WarZ after the success of of the DayZ mod. I guess the Arma 2 engine is so much better. For single player, FarCry 3 seems much better anyway (even though it's not a zombie game).

I've personally worked for a company that waned to make a Sharepoint type service. The Marketing team asked a team of one $10/hr programmer "what does Microsoft use to create Sharepoint ?" - said probably Visual C++. "Do we have Visual C++ ?" , programmer "Yes", marketing "Great, we can tell the customers we have all the parts needed and we can deliver next week".

zshazz

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]I guess this might be why: http://minecraftbki.mi.funpic.de/u [...] ia/1/Z.jpg[/citation]

If true, the users that have been banned for that "reason" should pursue legal options. This is definitely a case where I don't think people would blame you for doing so.

It's not acceptable to give someone money and be treated in that manner by them.

blackjackcf

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
[citation][nom]fracture[/nom]What's with the F2P? It's $15 for the game and has microtransactions. Anyways, Steam calling it a mistake by releasing it prematurely while Titov doesn't say otherwise and calling it users fault for misreading or rather "misinterpreting", LoL. Looks like both companies trying to cover asses.[/citation]

You're right. I had a massive brain fart when I was writing this last night. Fail!

It's been fixed. Thanks!

- Catherine Cai

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
It's understandable they released it prematurely. They had to make sure it got out before the standalone version of Day Z was released and they were made to look like plagiarists again. I mean, I'm sure the title "War Z" was not inspired by that mod at all. You've got to understand how hard it is to rip off other people's ideas for profit with all these people flaming their forums with their so called "reasonable expectations of quality". I'm sure Titov will have more answers once he gets back from picking up his forum mods at the local middle school.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]I guess this might be why: http://minecraftbki.mi.funpic.de/u [...] ia/1/Z.jpg[/citation]
I remember when a guy called Wartourist did that to people reporting problems and bugs with the PC version of Gears of War when it first came out. Back then the game would wipe out its save files, crash in the same locations, and generally run like the worst port ever. I decided never to buy an Epic game again following what came out of that debacle. Hammerpoint has done the exact same thing which means I won't purchase their products either. Very sleazy developers! There are so many other companies I can support instead.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Huge trollfest by the developer of WarZ on DayZ's forum: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93774-warz-general-discussion/

One of the developers is RussianKiller. He denied that he was part of the development until was busted one too many times.

excella1221

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Which pages exactly? There are currently 224 pages. :p

kemtox

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
From the Wikipedia page...makes me laugh each time:

"The packaging of Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing states that the objective of the game is for the player to "[...] deliver illegal cargo, with cops chasing [them]"; however, in actuality, there are no police in the game or, seemingly, any objectives to complete"

G

i have buyed the war z some eeks ago but if i say it nice game they first need to add some ALLLOT more stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.