Question Zoom causes entire screen to flicker - request for direct reference ?

asiniv

Honorable
Oct 24, 2015
Hi,

I'm hoping someone may direct me to the right source of information - like other zoom users I have this annoying issue whereby the entire screen suddenly flickers during a meeting. I understand it is a known issue, and I googled tons of various threads about it.
Mainly with references to incompatibilites with the refresh rate setting or hardware graphic card acceleration (disabling the later made no difference)
Thing is I kinda got lost in the forest from all the trees around.

May anyone direct me to a simple step-by-step guide on how to solve and test that it is working properly?
(I haven't seen an option to initiate a live meeting with another party for testing purposes)

I'm running a Win10 64bit Fully updated on a Lenovo E15.

Thanks in advance!

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Next take look at the the following Zoom link:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362023-System-requirements-for-Windows-macOS-and-Linux

Compare the hardware and software specs of your Lenovo E15 to Zoom's requirements and supported devices, browsers, etc..

Look for what appears to be the "weak link".

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (use both but just one at a time) to observe system performance.

Do so using admin rights.

First observe without Zoom running and then with Zoom running. The latter can be further tested by meetings with a single participant and expanded to multiple participants.

Use live meetings - just simply inform the participants that you are doing some testing. Leave the Resource Monitor (or Task Manager) window open but dragged to one side where you can watch system performance during the meeting.

The graphs in Resource Monitor may prove helpful.

Pay attention to the "weak link" as a starting point. If nothing is found or noted, then look at other resources being used.

Hopefully you will be able to note some event or circumstances that correspond with the flickers.

asiniv

Honorable
Oct 24, 2015
Hi,
Thanks for the tips. I'll try to keep an eye in my next meeting.
In the meantime, further information about my system:
The E15 I'm running is a standard for this model, equpied with:
i5-10210U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 2101 Mhz, 4 Core(s) 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64 fully updated.

So it's not a requirements issue.

Anything else I can look at which might be causing the problem that is straight forward and does not require 'investigations' during a live meeting?

Thanks in advance!