[SOLVED] zoom making my old laptop lag how to get an edge

anaturelover

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2012
hi i have dell precision m90 it is win7 32 bit and has someting like 3 gig ram
it is old
usually zoom works well but when there are a lot of zoom participant and the session gest over 2 hours the pc all together lags even the mouse becom paralysed .
i canot change pc overnight .

i have already seen a friend turn his window gray less estetic saying it gets more performance.

Could some one send me a link where there are things i can do to help the situation ? detailed if possible
tx

Solution
Under display settings, change that from 24-bit to 16-bit. Another thing you can do is make sure you have the power plugged in and set the power savings to 'high performance' or whatever doesn't turn stuff off. Be sure to have adequate ventilation as the laptop will get hot and need to blow the heat out of the system.
Under display settings, change that from 24-bit to 16-bit. Another thing you can do is make sure you have the power plugged in and set the power savings to 'high performance' or whatever doesn't turn stuff off. Be sure to have adequate ventilation as the laptop will get hot and need to blow the heat out of the system.

Solution
Yes, the more load you put on the laptop, the slower it will be. I would only use a single monitor when doing zoom calls with so many people on them--you can use an external and turn off the internal screen or just use the internal one (preferred).