Question Zotac 1070 AMP vs Palit 2060 dual

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

axw

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2013
I own ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1070 AMP Edition (In my main gaming PC) but have recently bought Palit GeForce RTX™ 2060 Dual for a very low price. I intend to use it in the second gaming PC I'm building, but my question is, which one is better for my main gaming PC? They are very similar in terms of performance, would I be gaining anything if I install 2060 on the main PC? I'm thinking raytracing and DLSS features on the new one.

Comparison *My new model is not OC

Thanks.

KyaraM

Admirable
The Palit GeForce RTX 2060 Dual and the Zotac GeForce GTX 1070 AMP are both powerful graphics cards, but they are based on different architectures and have different capabilities.

The GeForce RTX 2060 is built on the Turing architecture, which supports ray tracing and DLSS (deep learning super-sampling) technology. These features can provide more realistic lighting and shadows in games that support them, as well as improved performance in games that use DLSS. The RTX 2060 also supports ray tracing which allows for more realistic lighting effects in games that support it.

The GeForce GTX 1070, on the other hand, is built on the older Pascal architecture and does not support ray tracing or DLSS. It is still a very powerful card and can handle most games at 1080p and 1440p resolutions with high settings.

In terms of performance, the RTX 2060 is generally faster than the GTX 1070, but the difference in performance may not be significant enough to justify replacing your current graphics card. It really depends on the games you play and what resolution you play at.

In terms of power consumption the RTX 2060 is slightly more power hungry than the GTX 1070.

If you're mostly interested in the ray tracing and DLSS features, then the RTX 2060 would be a better choice for your main gaming PC. However, if you're mostly interested in maximizing performance and you're not particularly interested in ray tracing and DLSS, then the GTX 1070 might be a better choice.
Just for info, FSR is possible on the 1070.