Question Zotac 3080 TI Not drawing full 350W

Gyoung123

Reputable
Jun 9, 2020
Hi,

So I recently bought a 3080 TI and whilst Ive seen a huge performance increase, I'm not sure I'm getting everything I'm meant to be. For example running Cyberpunk on ultra settings at 2K (2540 x 1400) (DLSS Set to Quality) I ony average about 50FPS.

Now I'm aware some of this may be due to a CPU Bottleneck but I'm only really seeing 80% CPU Usage when running. I downloaded GPU-Z And I'm getting the main reason for performance limit being either PWR or sometimes VREL. Most of the time, the power consumptions seems to only get to about 85% TDP or 300W even when set to 110% in MSI Afterburner. Could this be limited by the PSU?

Specs:

ROG Strix B450F
Ryzen 3600XT (Overclocked to 4.5MHz at 1.325V)
Zotac 3080 TI Trinity (not stock OC)
SeasonicFocus+ Platinum 750W
Viper DDR43600MHX 2x 18 GB

My hot spot temperatures tend to sit around 70 C and the overall temp in the low 60s.

Any idea if this is an issue or where the performance limitations might be coming from?

GPU-Z Logs: https://www.justbeamit.com/6qh2j

As a side note, it did seem to go upt o about 80 FPS and my CPU USage went down when I was out of the city. Inside the city my GPU usage and CPU Usage seemed to plateau at about 80% (This is looking at RTSS to see the CPU usage, not sure how else to see it?)

Thanks in advance.

Total cpu is fairly meaningless, it only takes 1 core/thread close to 100% to limit performance in some games. Games usually don’t evenly spread the work across all available cores/threads so you can be cpu limited without the cpu showing as 100% used.

As a test drop the resolution to 1080p. If the fps stays roughly the same then it probably indicates the cpu is limiting you in this game.

Gyoung123

Reputable
Jun 9, 2020
Total cpu is fairly meaningless, it only takes 1 core/thread close to 100% to limit performance in some games. Games usually don’t evenly spread the work across all available cores/threads so you can be cpu limited without the cpu showing as 100% used.

As a test drop the resolution to 1080p. If the fps stays roughly the same then it probably indicates the cpu is limiting you in this game.

Ah, well that might be it then - Putting it to 1920 x 1080 changed zilch in terms of FPS.

Just so I know more, would the GPU being limited by the CPU Also cause it to draw less power?

And on a final note, what CPU would be recommended? I'm noticing even the 5800X Seems to o nly go up to 4.7 Max Boost, would that 0.2 really make a huge difference given my 3600XT is running at 4.5? Or are there other factors at play?

Might I be better with an intel and would they work with my MB?