Zotac Goes Broadwell With New ZBOX M-Series Nano PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBound

Honorable
May 26, 2013
I would love to see such a small form factor pc that adds a bit of height and a more powerful power brick that allows you to use a itx gpu. Don't know how well it would sell but if you had a full fledged gaming pc at the size of an xbox with the gpu suiting your needs maybe more gamers would go for them. The Alienware alpha is pretty much useless with the limited gpu and itx cases can be bulky.

leeb2013

Honorable
"The beauty of these two Zotac products is that they're small enough to remain out of sight, hiding behind a desktop monitor or a large HDTV"

I think even a full tower PC is small enough to hide behind even a modest 40" TV LOL!

stoned_ritual

Reputable
Dec 23, 2014
Falcon Northwest, Origin, iBUYpower, and a whole slew of of the other factory "gaming" brands make systems that are the size of a blu-ray player that can fit full size gpu. SilverStone Raven RVZ and Milo series are the smallest itx boxes you can get with full gpu support.

... there's plenty of processing power packed into each unit to run many DirectX 11.2/OpenGL 4.3 games
Intel graphics have come a long way but it's beyond wishful thinking (from either Zoltac or Intel) that the integrated GPU on a 15w mobile i3 processor, fan-less or otherwise, in a SFF box, will put a decent dent in any modern DX11 game.

Even the ones they cherry-pick :)

Maybe Intel hit a transistor-density sweet spot, but this is likely marketing frou-frou.

I would love to see such a small form factor pc that adds a bit of height and a more powerful power brick that allows you to use a itx gpu.
Or, an actual, simple, plug&play self-powered external GPU. There is a 'Thunder-Bolt' HD 5570 (I think) but it's hot, convoluted and expensive to set up.

Remember: We are dealing with the Mobile graphics and a 15w 'ULV' chip. From a graphics standpoint, I suspect they would be happy in the range of the AMD A8-6410 APU.

Zoltac has made some 35w or so ZBOXs with nVidia discreet mobile graphics which would be a nice step above the i3-5010U.

A 15w Kaveri FX mobile APU in dual-graphics could do some serious damage, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.