[SOLVED] Zotac GTX 1070 Mini on Corsair VS450

ksh.sharma

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
Hi guys, I wanted your opinion if the Corsair VS450 PSU will be able to handle the following config:
Ryzen 5 1600 CPU
2x8GB 2666MHz Ram
msi a320m-a pro max Motherboard
Corsair VS450 PSU
1 SATA SSD, 1 M.2 SSD, 1 HDD, 1 optical drive
2x120mm Fans
Planned addition: Zotac GTX 1070 Mini 8 GB GPU

Also, to add I don't plan to overclock the system.

Thanks in advance.

PC Tailor

Judicious
Ambassador
Reactions: King_V

PC Tailor

Judicious
Ambassador
How long have you had the VS450?

In short, it will probably work, but the VS is not built for these kind of GPU systems, and really you'd want to upgrade. 450W is technically also below the requirement set out by NVIDIA but in application should be enough.

PC Tailor

Judicious
Ambassador
Reactions: King_V

ksh.sharma

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
How long have you had the VS450?

In short, it will probably work, but the VS is not built for these kind of GPU systems, and really you'd want to upgrade. 450W is technically also below the requirement set out by NVIDIA but in application should be enough.
It's been about a year or so.

ksh.sharma

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
It means it's the newer platform. If it was the older one, we'd be telling you to bin it straight away.

Being as it's the newer one, we'd recommend upgrading to a better PSU when you can, but this can do temporarily.
Thanks, can you give me any recommendations on PSU upgrade ?

ksh.sharma

Prominent
Jul 30, 2019
What is your currency and budget? (and if you're Europe, what country so we can look at PCPP prices there). I'm assuming USD though?
I'm in India, so my currency is Rupees. Please assume that the budget is as low as possible while not jeopardizing system stability and health.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS