Zotac Intros New ZBOX E-Series for Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Considering the CPU has a tray price of $358, i would expect these to retail for around $800 or $900. Then you gotta add in your own Hard Drive and Memory.Expect the versions with memory and hard drive already installed to be around $1100

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Ditch dual Ethernet (single gigabit ethernet is fine), ditch both display ports, and put in a couple of thunderbolt ports (same difference, can do both display port and much more)

XGrabMyY

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014
Does the Intel model have Iris Pro 5200/5100 graphics? Probably priced similar to the NUC boxes from Gigabyte. My guess is 559 and 659 respectively for the Intel barebones models.

waethorn

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Gigabyte has a Brix with a faster AMD quad-core along with discrete graphics. All of Gigabyte's current models support mSATA SSD's. The high-end models (like the one I mentioned) support both mSATA and 2.5" drives, so you could put a good SSD in there and still have room for a ~1TB SSHD for extra storage. Also, the high-end Brix units have WiFi-ac.

Menigmand

Honorable
Jul 27, 2012
I'd love to have a tiny gaming PC to mount on the back of my monitor, but it needs just a bit more muscle than CPU/APU based graphics...

Neog2

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2007
The great thing about a desktop OS is that you can use keyboard shortcuts - Win 8 handles keyboards, touch, and mouse better than windows 7. It's a learning curve that once you get over Windows 8 becomes more efficient even without a ton of keyboard shortcuts. Casual users being lazy to learn hot keys doesn't make the OS worse.In both Win 7 and Win 8 I use the windows key then start typing to search for the app I need to use. Win 8 does this a little better because I can search down to the setting without having to go to say the control panel to switch the audio output from my SPDIF output on the motherboard to the HDMI output. In windows 7 I would follow this process: Win key then search for control panel. Search in the control panel for audio devices then double click audio devices. In 8 I can start typing "Audio" on the start screen, eliminating steps. Then one mouse click to change from searching apps to settings and audio devices is right there. This is one example but universal search in Windows 8 beats 7 hands down if you have a keyboard. Using "Win+Q" searches apps from the desktop and in apps in a metro app like netflix or hulu plus. "Win+F" searches for files while "Win W" searches settings. Even without these specific shortcuts you can just start typing at the start screen and search without any shortcuts from the keyboard, which is awesome.
Except in windows seven you can just right click on the speaker at the bottom right hand corner of your screen and click playback devices and by pass all that typing. 2 CLICKS

Max_x2

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2013
The great thing about a desktop OS is that you can use keyboard shortcuts - Win 8 handles keyboards, touch, and mouse better than windows 7. It's a learning curve that once you get over Windows 8 becomes more efficient even without a ton of keyboard shortcuts. Casual users being lazy to learn hot keys doesn't make the OS worse.In both Win 7 and Win 8 I use the windows key then start typing to search for the app I need to use. Win 8 does this a little better because I can search down to the setting without having to go to say the control panel to switch the audio output from my SPDIF output on the motherboard to the HDMI output. In windows 7 I would follow this process: Win key then search for control panel. Search in the control panel for audio devices then double click audio devices. In 8 I can start typing "Audio" on the start screen, eliminating steps. Then one mouse click to change from searching apps to settings and audio devices is right there. This is one example but universal search in Windows 8 beats 7 hands down if you have a keyboard. Using "Win+Q" searches apps from the desktop and in apps in a metro app like netflix or hulu plus. "Win+F" searches for files while "Win W" searches settings. Even without these specific shortcuts you can just start typing at the start screen and search without any shortcuts from the keyboard, which is awesome.
Except in windows seven you can just right click on the speaker at the bottom right hand corner of your screen and click playback devices and by pass all that typing. 2 CLICKS
Same thing in Windows 8.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.