Question zotac mini GTX 1050 ti, black screen installing latest drivers on Windows 10 1903

Feb 12, 2019
Hi guys,
today i updated windows from 1803 to 1903 by clean install.
When i tried to install 430.86 drivers (just pysX and drivers) my screen turns black with no signal. So i have to run in safe mode and uninstall by DDU, windows install very old 23.21.13.8813 drivers and the system seems to work. I also tried 430.39 getting same thing.
Before updating windows my system worked very fine: i don't understand. My card doesn't show bad temps and my system is clean.

All my specs:
-H370 Aorus Gaming 3 wifi (BIOS F11)
-Intel core i5 8600k
-Cooler Noctua NH-U12S
-4x8 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport PC4-19200
-GPU GTX 1050 Ti Zotac ZT-P10510A-10L (drivers updated)
-SSD Crucial MX500 250 GB
-HD Western Digital Blue 2TB
-HD Western Digital Red 3TB
-PSU Seasonic focus+ gold 650
-case: cooler master N300
-fans: 140 noctua front intake, 120 noctua back exhaust and 120 cooler master top exhaust

All motherboard drivers are updated:
help me please, i'm little scared.

Thank you all

Then maybe the new so-called Windows 10 OS 1903 update broke something, and messed with your system as well ? Microsoft has been releasing quite a few "unstable/finicky" updates/patches, which breaks something, rather than fixing it. That's why I'm still happy with my Win 7 64-bit OS copy.

NO more headaches updating the OS as well. Btw, Windows 10 OS still seem to be in BETA stage, despite what all others might say. Anyways, I'm just making a guess here. I'm NOT 100% sure whether the latest Windows 10 OS update indeed broke things on your PC.

Can you do a system restore, if possible ? Can you boot your OS by using the motherboard's onboard graphics ? Does the PC work without any issues ?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019
Then maybe the new so-called Windows 10 OS 1903 update broke something, and messed with your system as well ? Microsoft has been releasing quite a few "unstable/finicky" updates/patches, which breaks something, rather than fixing it. That's why I'm still happy with my Win 7 64-bit OS copy.

NO more headaches updating the OS as well. Btw, Windows 10 OS still seem to be in BETA stage, despite what all other might say. Anyways, I'm just making a guess here. I'm NOT 100% sure whether the latest Windows 10 OS update indeed broke things on your PC.

Can you do a system restore, if possible ? Can you boot your OS by using the motherboard's onboard graphics ? Does the PC work without any issues ?

Thank you so much for your interest,
sytem works fine with the auto-installing very old nvidia drivers initialized by windows (after a DDU full driver cleaning), if i try to install any other NVIDIA official drivers screen:
-turns black during installation
-install drivers and turn black after few seconds
no signal and i have to reboot in safe mode sweeping drivers away.

I don't want keep these drivers because are outdated: now i'm downloading 18.09 windows version try to rolling back to an older version:
since yesterday i was using 1803 and everything worked fine with latest NVIDIA drivers.
I can't restore older win version because I did a clean install on my SSD, as the others times i updated WIN10.