Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P) or Asus R9 290 Direct CUII 4GB | [Read Full]

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Hi brothers, you have to read it full, if you didnt you will miss important things which i mainly wanted to say..

(same question i also i added at other website to get better Response)

as i new sold Gtx 760(today price 300$ In India)
Now i am thinking to Upgrade, people Suggested me Two Gpu's

- Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P)

- Asus R9 290 Direct CUII 4GB

i only have two options.
Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P) = Costs about 450-460$ acc. India
and Asus R9 290 Direct CUII 4GB = Costs about 402$ acc, India

So which one is Future Proof, Which one should i buy,
as i said before, i know there is no such thing like Future proof, but there is thing "enough", i need Enough Hardware atleast for 1 - 2 years.

Some people Told me that Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P) is Not Much Powerfull as Original Zotac 970,
how much different in performance? some people told me that it can run games for so much time, it get hot then it need to downclock, is that true? if its not Poweful as Original Gtx 970, then it should same as r9 290 directcu ii Asus ?

and about Asus R9 290 Direct CUII 4GB, People told me that it have fake Heatsink, they said the pipe actually not Attached with Head sink Metal and it get Hot too and performance not good. and some one told that asus makes almost faulty product ?

i dont know im confused,, i just need you people help like a real Brother, You have to help me, im in trouble because i cant invest money so much, i can only one time..

so Asus R9 290 Direct CUII 4GB have 4fps less than Original Full size Gtx 970,(correct me if im wrong) and if Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P) is not much powerfull as Original Gtx 970, it means Asus R9 290 DIrect Cu ii is more powerfull??

Thanks for Reading, Please brother Suggest me Honest.

Solution
The PCG is the board on which the circuits are on.
I`m not sure if ou know that there are different size motherboards. There`s ATX, MicroATX and MiniATX.
Iven if the size differs, this doesn`t mean that one is better or worse, or that one has options that the smaller one doesn`t.

The difference is just on how close together the circuits on the board are, not necesarily on performance.

Conclusion: If you can afford it, go with the Zotac GTX 970!

chenw

Honorable
I have never ever heard of a 'fake' heatsink, it sounds like if the person saying it either doesn't know what s/he is talking about, or s/he have personal reasons against asus, either way, it is true that 290 runs hot, but not because it's asus, all brands of 290 runs hot.

Personally, I'd go with Zotac 970, you should be able to OC it so that it beats 290 comfortably.

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

Thanks for quick reply,
the one which i listed Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P)
i noticed its too smaller than its 100$ expensive model,
what is the reason?
is Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P) have lower performance than asus r9 290 direct cuii ?

Pr3di

Honorable
The Zotac you mentioned is the non-refference one, which has better cooling and overclock than the refference Zotac (default cooler - worse cooling).
The heatsink on the R9 290 might just be swapped from a different GPU, and that`s why the heatsink might be bigger/smaller than the area of the processor on the card.

Just go with the Zotac 970. It consumes less power, gives better performance, and it doesn`t get very hot.
I would only recommend the R9 290 is money is really a problem and you can`t get the GTX 970.

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
thanks to all for help,
i was talking about Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P), its 100$ cheap than other its original gtx 970,
and i saw its too small campared to AMP edition one, is that Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P) SMALL in performance?
why they made it small, is there a big reason behind its being cheaper ?

mandeep148

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
Thanks to all members to being bro,
@chenw Actually i cant more than Zotac Nvidia Gtx 970 (ZOTAC ZT-90101-10P)
and it cost near 450-460$ in India,
and Asus R9 290 Direct CU II 4gb, costs about 402$

my problem is, i dont know where should i go and what will i loss after my decision..
is Spending more 55-60$ on Zotac from asus one Worth?

@Pr3di
PCB , i actually dont know what is PCB, you told me too High technology Thing, its like telling movie story to COW, :p
anyways, what is PCB? Bigger PCB vs Small PCB and its effect? :)

Pr3di

Honorable
The PCG is the board on which the circuits are on.
I`m not sure if ou know that there are different size motherboards. There`s ATX, MicroATX and MiniATX.
Iven if the size differs, this doesn`t mean that one is better or worse, or that one has options that the smaller one doesn`t.

The difference is just on how close together the circuits on the board are, not necesarily on performance.

Conclusion: If you can afford it, go with the Zotac GTX 970!

Solution