Zotac Rolls Out New Zbox M And P Series Mini-PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Too many products are announced without pricing or availability data. Makes the articles appear more like clickbait than actual tech articles. Until a product is actually available on the market, it's essentially vaporware. Vaporware should never be advertised.

Roger Wilco

Honorable
Sep 19, 2013
Companies need to understand integrated graphics are a joke. Do not try to even approach me about it unless it has a discrete gpu.

ThisIsMe

Distinguished
May 15, 2009

That's 2x USB 3.0 Type-C ports. You can connect HDMI and/or DisplayPort adapters to them. Up to three for a total of 3 monitors for that CPU I believe. You can also connect gigabit Ethernet adapters, audio devices, printers, external storage, etc. Basically anything you want. You can connect a docking station like device that includes all or many of the other ports you'd have found on PC's in the past if you wish.

The Type-C port is designed to replace not only the normal USB connector, but also work as a thunderbolt connector as well as a DisplayPort or HDMI connector. So this was basically the end game the developers of the connector standard envisioned I'm sure. Hopefully some day soon everything will use this connector. No more worrying about what cable to buy for what device anymore.

It would be nice if it had more than 2 ports, but with such a basic CPU additional ports would require too much from it being as fast and feature packed as these ports are.

brando56894

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2009
Hopefully the PI225 runs cooler than the other Pico variants. I had the latest Pico and that thing would get hot to the touch with it's dual (or quad?) core Atom processor.

Roger Wilco,
Not everybody buys a computer to game on, especially not a mini-PC. An iGPU serves a purpose for cost, noise and power reduction, and if it does everything you need why would you pay more for a dGPU?

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008

You're obviously not a member of their intended market. The people these products are aimed at, can get by just fine on the integrated graphics. These aren't gaming systems. They're small form factor systems that will be used predominantly for browsing the web and checking e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.