Question Zotac Rtx 3060ti fan noise

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014
a retailer in my locality is offering the simple & OC edition cards at 544 & 560$ price point. my main concern is the fan noise level. I've read that these Zotac GPUs are too loud. what should i do?
any suggestions ?!

roberttim

Prominent
Nov 28, 2020
Sadly, there isn't a way around for this since Zotac for some odd reason excluded fan stop from its edition. The foundation edition and all other editions of 3060 have fan stop so unless they're pushed too high or if remain within the idle temperature, they don't make any noise since the fan stops. With Zotac, the fans keep on running at 30 dBA no matter what. Under extreme gaming, they often get down to 42 dBA noise levels.

Usman Anwar

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2014
Sadly, there isn't a way around for this since Zotac for some odd reason excluded fan stop from its edition. The foundation edition and all other editions of 3060 have fan stop so unless they're pushed too high or if remain within the idle temperature, they don't make any noise since the fan stops. With Zotac, the fans keep on running at 30 dBA no matter what. Under extreme gaming, they often get down to 42 dBA noise levels.
What about the OC edition?
What is the noise level of this card?

roberttim

Prominent
Nov 28, 2020
Well since those have fan stop integrated within, you'll probably stay unnoticed of any noise coming at idle situations. During those rugged gaming sessions, the highest I've actually gone so far is 39dBA.