Zuckerberg Didn’t Think It Was Necessary To Inform FTC, Users Of CA Data Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would much rather my tax dollars pay for a congressional/senate committee to grill Equifax on why they gave away my Social Security Number and all other information that could damage me financially than pay them to grill Zuckerberg regarding selling information on the links I click. Where were these government bozos then!??

I guess the potential for me (and let's not forget the hundreds of millions of others) to be financially screwed for the rest of my living days is so much less important than my social media data. Also, I'm guessing the members of the congressional committee are mad they didn't personally profit somehow from the data prior to it making its way over to Cambridge Analytica!?

I make a choice whether or not to use Facebook. Equifax on the other hand...

IceMyth

Honorable
Dec 15, 2015
So I don't have the right to know when my account details were stolen! what a logic!

Anyway, I personally sent a requested to delete my FB account. It would be funny to find my information still available even after my account is deleted.

Giroro

Splendid
@Ubercake

I don't recall ever giving Equifax explicit consent to gather and sell my credit history in the first place - and there seems to be no way whatsoever to opt-out of their "service".

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007
How about Zuckerberg serving some prison time for breaking anti-trust laws and several other federal regulations. Oh, and let's take away Facebook's exemption status as they clearly do not support the 1st Amendment.

Ninjawithagun

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2007

You are comparing apples to broccoli, but you make a valid point nevertheless. And you do know you can still file a class action lawsuit against EQUIFAX for compromising your personal information. So what are you waiting for??

He also sells information on almost every web page you visit (at the very least any with a "like" button), whether you're aware of it or not. There is no "opt-out" for the data Facebook is harvesting with their beacons. You can't reasonably consent to that sort of breach of privacy, because you probably aren't aware it's even happening. Oh and you don't need to be logged into Facebook or even have a Facebook account for this data to be sent directly to them.
https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=233161

Status
Not open for further replies.