Question No signal message on the screen after startup

armor555

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
Hello. Is it possible a faulty hdmi cable to prevent the screen from showing a picture. My hardware is:
Mobo: Asrock Fatality H170
RAM: 4x4 DDR4 Kingston 2133mhz
CPU: Intel i5-6600
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 530w.

It happens in 2 scenarios:
- turning on the computer, the message appears and never dissappear. Keyboard num lock is on, motherboard red light is off, cpu fan is on.
- turning on the computer, message appears, then motherboard logo appear, after a second the "no signal" message appear again and you need to unplug and plug hdmi cable a several times until the screeen became on. Keyboard num lock is on, motherboard red light is off, cpu fan is on.
I'm using an Android tv for monitor and it works in any other sources. Will buy a new hdmi but wanted to hear some opinions here. Does it sounds like cpu/memory/motherboard issue?
Tried booting from brand new ssd and it's the same

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
Hello. Is it possible a faulty hdmi cable to prevent the screen from showing a picture. My hardware is:
Mobo: Asrock Fatality H170
RAM: 4x4 DDR4 Kingston 2133mhz
CPU: Intel i5-6600
PSU: Thermaltake Smart 530w.

It happens in 2 scenarios:
- turning on the computer, the message appears and never dissappear. Keyboard num lock is on, motherboard red light is off, cpu fan is on.
- turning on the computer, message appears, then motherboard logo appear, after a second the "no signal" message appear again and you need to unplug and plug hdmi cable a several times until the screeen became on. Keyboard num lock is on, motherboard red light is off, cpu fan is on.
I'm using an Android tv for monitor and it works in any other sources. Will buy a new hdmi but wanted to hear some opinions here. Does it sounds like cpu/memory/motherboard issue?
Tried booting from brand new ssd and it's the same
does the PC and Monitor have only HDMI? If you have another compatible cable, perhaps VGA, check if it still happens.

zinkles

Commendable
Aug 24, 2022
"no signal" message appear again and you need to unplug and plug hdmi cable a several times until the screeen became on
when the screen turns on, what do you see? are you greeted with the logon screen of windows, is it still in the process of booting, or is it in the BIOS?

armor555

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2014
when the screen turns on, what do you see? are you greeted with the logon screen of windows, is it still in the process of booting, or is it in the BIOS?
I'm seeing windows welcome screen(sorry if it has a wrong name). Then I press a random key and I'm seeing the password field. Then all good, the pc works without interruption. If the screen goes off after 10 minutes and i press a random key, it became on instantly.
I don't have any other options to connect, except hdmi(TV has vga, motherboard - dvi)