Apr 15, 2024
Hi everyone, first post here at Tom's Hardware.
So, I built my first PC even though I still need some hardware. This is what I got so far:
Kolink PSU 600W;
ZSUS (not asus) H81 LGA 1150 Motherboard from Aliexpress;
I3-4330 3.5Ghz;
iGPU (HD 4600)
4GB RAM DDR3 from Kingston running at 1066 Mhz;
Crucial MX500 500 GB SSD (where the OS is installed);
An old Toshiba HDD (don't really know the model right now, but it doesn't really matter right?)

By the way, I know it's not that good for gaming, but I'm on a tight budget and this is the best I can do for now, maybe I'll go for a i7-4***k or wtv,

So yeah, I've searched for gameplays of Valorant, for example, where they use the same specs and it is playable.
For example:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NpiJqIY29Y

Wich I then compared the CPU from the video with mine: https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-4670-vs-Intel-Core-i3-4330/m630vs2876

Meanwhile, I don't get that smooth of experience or that high FPS. What could be the reason for this?
Also, I didn't do a clean install of Windows 10, but used DDU to remove the previous display drivers (AMD).
My UserBenchmark results are right here:
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/67678512

Can anybody help me out?

EDIT: I placed this at the "Memory" section because I think it is because of my RAM.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Plus, you may have problems due to the fact that you apparently have an improperly installed Windows OS. You really need to properly install it, not just slap a Windows OS into a different PC/platform and hope it works. Windows tries to compensate when people cut corners in this way, but very frequently it results in performance issues. Install windows properly and see if it resolves the issue; if it doesn't, you've removed one likely source.

Apr 15, 2024
your CPU is not boosting
another issue is single ram stick, that will hammer your GPU performance by alot, since it relies on your ram bandwith/latency
CPU performance will also drop with single stick by a few fps

you coul probably get nvidia gt 1030...its way faster than hd 4600 ..costs like 60 bucks new
I understand the RAM part, that's the next thing I'm going to upgrade, to 2x8 ddr3 1600 mhz or atleast an 8gb stick.
I'm thinking of buying a RX 580 in the future, so I don't really want to go for a GT 1030 atm. BUT! What if I use another GPU that I have with me so that the iGPU won't need vram? The GPU is weaker than the HD 4600 but if that could help with something, I would do it. It's a GT 210 ...lmao.

Btw, what do you mean by "CPU is not boosting"? In the BIOS the Turbo mode is on and all of that...

Plus, you may have problems due to the fact that you apparently have an improperly installed Windows OS. You really need to properly install it, not just slap a Windows OS into a different PC/platform and hope it works. Windows tries to compensate when people cut corners in this way, but very frequently it results in performance issues. Install windows properly and see if it resolves the issue; if it doesn't, you've removed one likely source.
I'm definetly going to try and reinstall Windows to see if it helps before trying with the really old dedicated GPU.

appreciate you guys.

Apr 15, 2024
Hey guys, I re-installed Windows 10 and the performance increased overall, there's some FPS drops out of nowhere but I'll just pretend they aren't there lmao.
I appreciate your help and time. Let's hope I don't have another problem with this PC...

Thank you once more.