Question Gigabyte B760 GAMING X DDR4 or MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4

Samuel-212

Prominent
Jan 25, 2023
Hello,
I can buy these two motherboards at almost the same price in my country. [ Gigabyte B760 GAMING X DDR4 or MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4]
.My CPU is i5 12400f my last motherboard , which was Asus H610M-A just died on me last week. My CPU temp hovered at 100c , while playing dead space , I changed the thermal paste and the computer didn't boot again , I don't know if the the Asus board had vrm issues or what, I don't want to have the same bad experience again.
BTW my GPU is an RTX3070 .

If you have any other products in mind and you think I can buy that at a lower price and run that CPU without any heating problems please let me know .

Last edited:
Solution
in my country.
Where would that be?

I would get the Z series chipset and pair that with DDR4-3600MHz rams to get the most out of your unlocked processor.

If you have any other products in mind and you think I can buy that at a lower price and run that CPU without any heating problems please let me know .
This is where you mention where you're located, what sites you have access to(since the majority of folks here are located in USA and Europe), your budget and the make and model of your case to help understand what you have access to.

Lutfij

Titan
in my country.
Where would that be?

I would get the Z series chipset and pair that with DDR4-3600MHz rams to get the most out of your unlocked processor.

This is where you mention where you're located, what sites you have access to(since the majority of folks here are located in USA and Europe), your budget and the make and model of your case to help understand what you have access to.

Reactions: Samuel-212
Solution

Samuel-212

Prominent
Jan 25, 2023
in my country.
Where would that be?

I5-12400f is not unlocked , is it ? but I guess it gives me the chance to upgrade later given the 14th gen also uses LGA 1700 right ?
I don't have access to any international websites for buying my mobo because of the sanctions imposed on my country , such products can't be directly shipped to my country, there are just domestic online stores, I am from Iran btw. Thank you so much

Last edited: