Question I can't enable Secure Boot in the BIOS ?

Mar 30, 2024
Hello!
I have a Gigabyte H81M-H motherboard. It's pretty old and seems to be compatible with Win 8
because when I choose "Win 8" instead of "Other OS" in bios I am able to enable Secure Boot that is otherwise greyed out, but the problem is that secure boot is still disabled and I think it's because I'm running on Win 11 instead Win 8. I've tried different guides with no result.
Is there any way to get around this?
Thanks!

35below0

Prominent
Jan 3, 2024
Do you have CSM or Legacy UEFI enabled? That can clash with Secure Boot. But flipping CSM on or off might screw something up in your BIOS. Or it may be harmless.

Why are you trying to enable Secure Boot?

Mar 30, 2024
Do you have CSM or Legacy UEFI enabled? That can clash with Secure Boot. But flipping CSM on or off might screw something up in your BIOS. Or it may be harmless.

Why are you trying to enable Secure Boot?
When I choose "Win 8" I'm also able to put CSM on "always" or "never" but the bios mode is set to UEFI either way.

I need it to play CS 2 on Face it and they have a Anti-cheat app that requires that secure boot is enabled.

35below0

Prominent
Jan 3, 2024
I need it to play CS 2 on Face it and they have a Anti-cheat app that requires that secure boot is enabled.
Ok.

Is your drive formatted to GPT or MBR? You may have to convert it: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/deployment/mbr-to-gpt
This is not without risk, and you might lose your files or have to reinstall Windows.

Do you have CSM enabled in BIOS? If yes, disable it.

If you are able to set Secure Boot to Enabled, then your motherboard supports it. Also, you have Win 11 which requires Secure Boot.
So the question is why does it revert to Disabled. Probably because CSM is enabled, or you've set Boot to Other OS.