Build Advice Rate my build for 2k Gaming at high-medium settings ?

Mar 6, 2024
I’m looking for a decent price, mid-range PC Build for Gaming.
Its my first time building custom one,
Please suggest me if i can upgrade improve my build…..
…..
Im using
CPU i7 12700k
GPU MSI RTX 4060 Ti 16 GB
RAM Kingston 4x8 GB 5200mhz Fury Beast
MBD Rog Z690 E gaming Wifi
PSU 1000 Watt Tuf
SSD WB Black 1TB PCie 4.0
Case Tuf GT501
Radiator LC II Tuf
OS Windows 11 Home
…..
I’m a Normal gamer plus i do like save my data in my pc so in future i will upgrade storage,
I have plans to utilize maximum storage capacity
Adding more HDD as MBD has 6x Sata ports
Also i want to add all M.2 5x in future,
…..
My game preference is 2k 1440p ,
….
Suggest me if i can improve my build,
I already have purchased Case and Motherboard,
Will buy rest within March,
My current PC is a prebuilt
Rog GDK10 3060 12GB
32 GB DDR4 2500mhz
With Ryzen 7 5700G
I will be selling that soon

35below0

Prominent
Jan 3, 2024
Where are you buying this? The USA?

- G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30
I would recommend this memory over your 4x8 choice. Faster, more compatible.

I would suggest you buy a 4070 GPU. 4060 is for less demanding games. Pick the 13600K and a B760 motherboard. Also drop the PSU from 1000w to 850w. Use the money for a 4070.

WD Blue 4Tb or 6Tb HDDs are affordable. The 5400rpm model is quieter and lasts longer.

Reactions: alceryes and MMRaj
Mar 6, 2024
Where are you buying this? The USA?

- G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30
I would recommend this memory over your 4x8 choice. Faster, more compatible.

I would suggest you buy a 4070 GPU. 4060 is for less demanding games. Pick the 13600K and a B760 motherboard. Also drop the PSU from 1000w to 850w. Use the money for a 4070.

WD Blue 4Tb or 6Tb HDDs are affordable. The 5400rpm model is quieter and lasts longer.
Yes im in BUFFALO NY US,
Thanks for your suggestion

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I do not recommend purchasing parts in advance, that just narrows your return windows.

2K, I agree, 4070 Super or RX7800 XT / 7900 GRE minimum.

I guess that means you are stuck with Intel as well. But rather than prioritize the number of SSDs , just buy larger ones when funds are available. 4TB or 8TB NVMe SSD have been around a while, large SATA SSD are starting to become less popular so remaining stock is pricing up. Just keep an eye on pricing and sales. If you are going for a hard drive for bulk storage, again, go big. 8-18TB drives are not ridiculously priced and can serve as a back up for your SSDs. I stopped using hard drives for active storage a long time ago. (Then again, I still only have a single 2TB SSD for my gaming system)

13600k is a good choice for just gaming, but right now the 14600K is the same price. 200Mhz for free.

12700K / KF are irregularly on sale. Sometimes as low as $200. They are good bargain then. To save a buck, the 14600KF is a little cheaper than the K, but no onboard graphics.

Price difference between 1000W and 850W is pretty minimal, however, you don't need that much for a 4060 or 4070. A good 750W would also work just fine.

Not much need to stick with ASUS for everything. Pick the better rated parts based on price.

Liquid cooling isn't necessary and is expensive. High end air coolers from Thermalright are the parts of choice today. Even if you swap out the fans for RGB ones, it is cheaper than an AIO.

Good comments from Eskimo.

The time to ask for advice is BEFORE you buy anything.

On processor, do not go cheap and try to save $25 on a F suffix processor without integrated graphics.
Integrated has saved many with gpu issues and even with a psu problem(me).

Reactions: MMRaj
Mar 6, 2024
I do not recommend purchasing parts in advance, that just narrows your return windows.

2K, I agree, 4070 Super or RX7800 XT / 7900 GRE minimum.

I guess that means you are stuck with Intel as well. But rather than prioritize the number of SSDs , just buy larger ones when funds are available. 4TB or 8TB NVMe SSD have been around a while, large SATA SSD are starting to become less popular so remaining stock is pricing up. Just keep an eye on pricing and sales. If you are going for a hard drive for bulk storage, again, go big. 8-18TB drives are not ridiculously priced and can serve as a back up for your SSDs. I stopped using hard drives for active storage a long time ago. (Then again, I still only have a single 2TB SSD for my gaming system)

13600k is a good choice for just gaming, but right now the 14600K is the same price. 200Mhz for free.

12700K / KF are irregularly on sale. Sometimes as low as $200. They are good bargain then. To save a buck, the 14600KF is a little cheaper than the K, but no onboard graphics.

Price difference between 1000W and 850W is pretty minimal, however, you don't need that much for a 4060 or 4070. A good 750W would also work just fine.

Not much need to stick with ASUS for everything. Pick the better rated parts based on price.

Liquid cooling isn't necessary and is expensive. High end air coolers from Thermalright are the parts of choice today. Even if you swap out the fans for RGB ones, it is cheaper than an AIO.
Thanks for your detailed response,
….
Im happy for your feedback, getting the maximum possible performance ,
….
I spent 1050$ after taxes in the End of Q3 to get a premade with rtx 3060 12 GB 1 Fan with Ryzen 7 5700G , the maximum upgrade i did adding two sticks of Ram and now i have 32 GB DDR4 2300-2400 MHz ram on a very cheap MBD that is not even sold commercially ,
With this Gig im actually able to play almost all the games in decent FPS ,
that was those days when PC gamers cursed Miners that took all GPU stock out and made 3060 over priced, so premade was a better choice and luckily i got mine after 2 months of waiting,
As the price is not high i can still sell it with very less to lose after such use ,
Trust me when i opened that 550 watt psu i was stun , the wifi was horrible, not even good RGB all LED 3-5$ lights ….
But it is a capable machine,
….
Now my plan is to spend as less i can spend for cpu and gpu , with the best possible return for selling back ,
My ultimate goal is to get a i9 14k when it hits 400$ range , 2 years max sure it will ….
By next year we will have rtx 5000 with pcle 5 express at the same price they are selling rtx 4070 or 4080 ,
But also have to buy 4k 144hz oled monitors as well , in which case the latest Alienware 4k curved QD Oled is a shit not able to beat the oled TV C2 that comes cheaper but its price is super high ,
Ray tracing is still on early stage, neither the monitor are as good as promised at value to price ratio, even rtx 4090 has issues getting optimum fps on max settings on graphics heavy games,
But 5000 will be better choice,
I can get AMD but in US its very hard to get it sold back at a decent price,
Ultimately i want a premium gig with time ,,
With time to time i have plans to upgrade and grow ,
….
i12 and i13 are not very different, i14 has AI enhancing 10-15% ,
But after all im just spending 1000$ , im selling back my old pc for 800$ to a friend next month,
Im sure those who purchased 3080 or up can not get back 50% now days in 2 years,
Thanks ,
Btw im a gamer since 2002 , completed 800+ games , I follow you guys since 2017 ,
I will start my YouTube channel soon so i must have a good looking pc ,
These days its very important,
Thanks again , i do apologize if i showed any kind of unwanted attitude that you don’t like ,
As a new member, help me correct my errors,

Reactions: 35below0