Discussion windows iso editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

eskehacettepe

Prominent
Sep 13, 2022
@COLGeek How can I create XML based on these codes? Could you please make a tutorial video for me?
Code:
FirstLogonCommands>

<SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">

<Order>1</Order>

<Description>Run FirstRun.bat</Description>

<CommandLine>%WINDIR%\Setup\Scripts\FirstRun.bat</CommandLine> </SynchronousCommand> <

/FirstLogonCommands>
How can I make an $oem$ folder?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
In these forums, everybody is happy to provide advice. But what you're asking here isn't simply advice but basically for people to act as professional tutors to you. And on top of that, you're *demanding* people do this and being extremely rude about it. Nobody here is your employee.

Many people here would be extremely willing to answer some questions to help you out. But if you continue to act in this manner, doing things like ordering people around and demanding they perform extremely involved tasks for you, your account may be restricted, either temporarily or permanently. You have been doing this on and off for a year and a half, and it ends now.

translator. no
I'd assume the guy is french speaker, by blindly guessing about the avatar name. It sure isn't a Norwegian one :cool:

Also, an online translator wouldn't most likely put the wording in different ways if Norwegian was the input language.

When that's said - I'm quite impressed about some of the new AI search tools out there. This one - gave a complete list of steps for the relatively simple request given by OP:

https://www.perplexity.ai/search/how-to-make-dHbSl3xPQim5pdirBK.5XA

This same question has been asked by this poster, in various forms, 10 times since Sept 2022.
Ok, that's kind of sad if it doesn't resolve OP's issue. Internet forums may not be the best solution for everyone, so I think we can only hope and wish for OP to figure this out some day 💻

I want to learn xml
I don't know if this is helpful, I try anyways. Listen, an xml file is just a dumb static text file doing nothing. It is in many ways comparable to a .ini file. That is, there are rules on how the files is structured, how to add comments and such. But the xml file is doing nothing by itself, that depends solely on the program that it is meant for.

It kind of looks like a translation issue here, because I'd argue that you typically wouldn't want to learn xml, but you want to learn the specifics on how to manipulate that specific xml file in order to make windows installation procedure behave in a certain way that you want to control.

Ralston18

Titan
@eskehacettepe

Start with Beginner level learning books. Purchase book used via Amazon or some other source convenient for you.

Example books:

Beginning XML 3rd Edition

XML Beginner's Guide

Many, many books are available.

There are also online courses and tutorials: Google words and phrases starting with "XML online tutorials".

Example link (not a recommendation or endorsement):

Online XML Training

Learning is a very personal thing and you must be motiviated enough to begin on your own using whatever means are directly available to you.

No one here is able to devote the time and effort needed for individual training or to do any such work for you.

Maybe help with a specific question or two. However that requires that you clearly ask the question(s), explain what you believe is the problem and/or answer, show your work, and cite references.

What efforts have you made where you live (not asking) to obtain the necessary training and skills?

Have you ever taken any sort of coding classes? There is much more to learn than just XML.

Status
Not open for further replies.