Chaintech

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Chaintech.
  1. M

    problem with chaintech 7nif2 and mobile athlon

    I'm tyring to put together a mini-pc to use as an entertainment center. The hardware put together for this is: antec aria case chaintech 7nif2 microatx mobo mobile athlon xp 2400 1 stick of ddr400 512meg ram HD and dvd burner (i'll be adding tv tuner cards later if/when i get the thing...
  2. M

    CPU..overheating??

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) Hi, I had to replace my GA-7N400-L1, useless after a bios update, with a GA-700N-L yesterday. I have an AMD 2600 CPU with supplied fan and heat sink on the machine. I was browsing through the posts here for any info on...
  3. S

    ASUS A7N8X Delux BIOS upgrade problem

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi System - AMD 3000+, WinXP Pro (ntfs), ASUS A7N8X Delux M/B. I am trying to upgrade my ASUS A7N8X Delux BIOS from revision 1006 to what seems to be the latest revision 1007. The M/B is PCB rev 2.0. I download the correct...
  4. S

    Buying new computer i need some help choosing a case.

    I need some hellp choosing a case for my new system and i was looking for a full tower case for gaming,,,,, running cool and is well built. the one i was looking at looks like it would get great ventilation and would be great for overclocking...
  5. G

    GA-K8VM800M NO BOOT

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte (More info?) Hi My brand new motherboard doesn't boot. the configuration is ATHLON 64 3000+ , 512MB PC3200 KINGSTON KVR400, HD MAXTOR 120GB 7200. The system power on, I measure the power supply voltage ok, no beep message cpu fan...
  6. E

    Memory Leak and p4p800 with XP

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) I have a p4p800 deluxe with 1 gig of ddr 3200 RAM (dual channel) -- running windows xp pro. I don't overclock. Running at 800 FSB. I have PAT and hyperthreading enabled. I notice that when I first reboot my computer, task...
  7. G

    NF7-S Probs

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit (More info?) I may have killed the board. Went to put in a different video card ( the Leadtek 5900 "brick" ) and had problems getting it in so put a bit of ptressure on then realised that the brick wouldn't fit. If you managed to clear the...
  8. G

    Boots only once without power being removed

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?) Hi all, I have a new msi 6330 KT7 Turbo Raid board and the weirdest thing is happening. It will boot and run fine ONCE. However on subsequent attempts to boot, it freezes and gives light error code: 0100 which...
  9. D

    Keyboard wake-up feature

    Ok, here comes probably the worst question I ever asked :) I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe MB, but my question is in general about the so called keyboard wake-up feature. As I understand it, setting the jumpers to that option wakes up your computer when idle for some time, but it does not power...
  10. N

    MB CPU Combo

    Okay guys its been a couple of years since my last build. I know after hassling with Asus so much I am wanting to go back to good ol' Abit. I have 400.00 to spend on motherboard/cpu. I definately want Intel. I already have a 9800pro and a hercules gametheater external soundcard so I wont be...
  11. twofruitz

    someone make sence of this

    ok heres my situation (propably unsolvable) 3 months ago i bought a p4c800 deluxe. the box looks like this ---------------- http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4c800-d/P4C800-box.jpg ---------------- what was inside of it looked like this ----------------...
  12. T

    Beep Codes?

    I have installed an Asus A7V133-C and a 1.4ghz athlon processor. Memory is PC-133 (I haved researched them)The memory was used in an Asus K7V-T and worked fine. I have tried each module of memory into the new MB and it gives the no memory or memory not recognized beep code. What's going on...
  13. A

    Is XP Sp3 will detect my 4gb as it is ?

    Windows XP 32-bit system only detect my 4Gb RAM as 3.25gb If i upgraded it to XP SP3 will it detect my 4Gb RAM ?
  14. T

    Help with Memory Selection

    I want to put a new system together with a P4 2.4C and ABIT IS7 board and I was wondering what is the best memory to get. I was looking at Corsair TWINX512-3200C2 2x256MB XMS sticks at 2-3-3-6-T1 for $120. Would this be OK, even if I decide to OC the CPU down the line? If you guys have any...
  15. Y

    Corsairs theory that higher CAS latency is better

    I bought a gig of corsairs 3700 memory, then i looked at the cas latency to see that it was 3-4-4-8. This is higher then the usual latency then i looked at this http://www.corsairmemory.com/main/products/specs/twinx-3700.pdf where corsair is saying that with more bus you have the higher the...
  16. A

    Problem with PQI DDR 333MHz 256MB

    Sorry for my english. When I turn on PC (MSI KT 3 Ultra (AMI BIOS)) have been 3 POST signals, computer don't turn on, then if several times press RESET button, computer turn on. I check memory with MemTest - everything OK. When computer turned on it works without any problem. What have can be?
  17. D

    need help with a system im putting together

    k so after years of buying computers from specialty places like gamepc or alienware i decided to save money and build my own. installed everything properly and powered it on. all the fans run fine, all the hard drives spin and the mobo lights come on. however, nothing pops on teh screen. no...
  18. T

    asus 87n8x delux xp 1700 problem

    Bios lists xp 1700 as a 1100 athlon automatically configures it as such. My old ecs kzs5a recognized it as an xp 1700. I tried flashing the bios but I cant seem to get the award flash utility to work. My framrates in Return to cstle Wolf have dropped from my old board as if I truly downgraded...
  19. A

    Help! Problems with building a new PC

    Friend of mine is trying to build a PC for the first time. I'm trying to help him out with it but we've encountered a problem. The computer will power on for a second, fans spin, then it turns off. I had him disconnect everything except for the graphics card and RAM and try to power on, same...
  20. S

    Do I need a new PSU for the Epox 8RDA+?

    Im about to upgrade my computer from some crappy mobo with 256mb PC133 ram to an epox 8rda+ w/2 256mb PC2700 sticks. My question is, do i need to upgrade my 300 Watt PSU to handle this or would my current one be enough? The rest of my computer consists of 2 CD drives, 2 HDs, Radeon 9000, and an...
  21. I

    AMD K6

    Can a AMD K6-2 processor be fitted to a socket A/socket 7 motherboard? What is the difference between socket A and socket 7? Thanks.
  22. R

    giga-byte inxp1394

    have a p4 2.53, ocz 3200 ddr 400 ram 2-6-3-3. sata 80 gig seagate hard drive , geforce3 ti500 card, true blue antec power supply 430 watt,My problem is : i had everything running great and started some overclocking.(stupid mistake) I changed my memory settings to 2-5-3-3 and now my computer wont...
  23. J

    Upgrade

    I want to upgrade my system ... currently I have a lowly Athlon T'bird 1.33 GHz with 512MB PC2100 (266MHz) DDR RAM on an FIC AD11 motherboard ... and several other things attached. The graphics card I have is a Gainward "Golden Sample" Geforce 4 Ti4800SE. I am going to upgrade the motherboard...
  24. J

    Soltek 75DRV-4 - Memory upgrade, Wich RAM wokrs?

    Hi! I have Soltek 75DRV-4 and I have finally understood that 256 Mb PC2100/DDR266 just isn’t enough. Today I use Samsung memory and it works great. Now to the question. What kind of memory can I use with this motherboard? Do I have to buy "Original"-memory? Or can I just buy any 512 MB PC2100...
  25. T

    Gigabyte GA-7VAXP

    "DDR400 for Athlon: A Comparison of 9 Motherboards" With reference to the above article from October 7, 2002 it stated that all the boards could be switched between 133/166/200 Mhz FSB .Could you please tell me then how ,because my board a GA-7VAXP which i`ve just recently bought allows only...
  26. T

    Memory Bandwidth Question

    I'm running two sticks of 256MB Kingston PC2700 ValueRAM (CL 2.5T) on Asus A7N8X Deluxe (installed on DIMM 1 & 3, the black slot and the distal blue slot). In CMOS I set the memory timing value at 2-3-3-6 (I can't achieve 2-2-2-5, the system won't POST). Now the question is, I should be running...
  27. B

    mainboard

    I am new at this so be alittle forgiving. I want to build a computor for gaming and it has to be fast,very fast. AMD is my choice for CPU what board would you say would give me the best performance. Oh one last thing I would like to be able to overclock it. Thank you.
  28. B

    ? For Crashman

    Crashman, Sorry to be a pain in the a$$ but I posted that I was going to buy an Asus Mobo Asus P4B533-E i845E P4 (533FSB) Skt478 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, RAID, LAN Retail 400/533FSB, ATA/100, 3DDR DIMM, AGP Pro, 6PCI, 4USB 2.0, 2 Firewire, Audio, RAID, LAN You Replied that Asus now has an...
  29. G

    Pc 266 or Pc 333

    hi, I'm buying the components needed to build a new pc. ma question is pc 266 rams are kinda really cheap and i don't know if anyone would recommend i buy one for ma soyo ultra mb. i know there won't be any great difference in performance if i buy the pc266 over the pc333. It is possible to use...
  30. J

    Biostar front connector

    I'm having a really tough time just getting my newly assembled machine to show signs of being powered. I have a BioStar M7VIF and a fairly generic case, 300W PS. I've got all the front connectors properly connected, I know my power cord is good, etc. I have power connected to the mainboard, but...
  31. S

    Fastest CPU supported by Asus A7M266

    I have a friend who has an Asus A7M266 and is thinking about upgrading. Where can I find out what processors this motherboard can support. The Asus website appears useless. The only information I could find was that it supports "Supports AMD® Athlon™ / Duron™ 550MHz~1GHz+". You would think...
  32. G

    problem with computer

    when i start the computer, it sounds like fizz, and it smells burnt. whats it??
  33. G

    Hmmm. What does everyone think about the SY-K7V ..

    dragon motherboard? worth buying?
  34. G

    Mobo Recommendation?

    [I'm new to PC building.......] I'm considering building a 800-1GHz Athlon system. I have very generic needs. I really just want a system that will live for a good long while. (The fact that I'm currently running on a P1 133MHz class system with an overdrive in it is a testament to my simple...
  35. G

    Memory

    I would like to know which is the best memory manufacturer or memory type or something good for my abit se6 with pentiumIII 800. All I need is type and brand . Thanks so much in advance.
  36. G

    ATI XPERT2000 or not?

    I am building a computer for my father. I have bought all the parts. 1 Ghz Tbird-C (AXIA Stepping), A7V133, SB Live!, 256 PC133 , and so on. I have not yet bought his video card. He doesn't play games. I basically built him a bad ass cd-burning/internet browsing station. However, I'm sure I...
  37. R

    Can't find my files

    Hello, I have a little over 3 gig of files on a cd and when I put it into my computer I cannot see the files, though the computer says that over 3gig is used on the disc. I tried this cd on three computers and all do the same. I HAD been able to draw on these files but now I can't see them
  38. T

    Why crt monitors show windows in middle of screen

    why crt monitors show windows in middle of screen
  39. N

    I5 3570K Build Help

    Hi guys, Hopefully going to be buying the components for my new pc as my old one is getting a bit dated for gaming(Phenom II X4 B50 + DDR2 ram). I however will not be buying a new GFX card as i brought one recently (7850 2GB), If you have any experience with this particular parts, or recommend a...
  40. P

    $975 Gaming Rig, Look Okay?

    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($179.99 @ Amazon) Motherboard: ASRock B75 PRO3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($82.55 @ Newegg) Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($39.99 @ Newegg) Storage...