Chaintech

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Chaintech.
  1. P

    Various PC issues

    My PC is an assembled PC. It has been giving me some problems which i tried fixing myself but now its driving me nuts. The thing is basically CRC issues and games crashing on startup. Here is the situation: when i install or extract something from my external hard disk than the installation...
  2. F

    Seeking specific, simple holder for loose CD/DVDs

    Several years ago I purchased a cool little product called Disc-It to temporarily hold stacks of CD/DVDs beside my TV or on the computer desk. Here is the only link I can find so far, where you can see a picture: http://www.evriholder.com/Disc-IT-CD-Holder.asp Appears this thing is...
  3. T

    Arcsoft and benq monitor

    i have the same problem with the webcam (comes attached to the LCD) . Every-time i connect it to the slot on the top of the LCD it LED turns Green for 1sec..then nothing. Device manager won't even see any webcam ,plugin it and out won't interfere with windows. Maybe it can be a hardware problem...
  4. S

    Can opposite polarity damage a scanner?

    A while ago the transformer in our scanner broke, and we got it replaced. But, a few days ago the transformer's wires got pulled out of the connection block that fitted them to the scanner, and I don't know which wire went where. So, if I now connect it, there's a 50/50 chance that it'll be the...
  5. F

    Samsung 206BW

    I've read about the different versions of the samsung 206BW lcds and is it still worth ordering one? If I get one of the non-samsung a or c models do all I have to do is download a new profile? If so where can I get the download for both of the models? And if its not worth it whats a good flat...
  6. Z

    Problem dismantling IIYAMA PLE385-W RT

    Hi, I decided to built an LCD projector from an overhead projector and settled on an IIYAMA PLE385 monitor. Basically the dismantling was a bit rough, had to brute-force a few grounds. I'll solder those back together, no problem. The problem is that the bottom circuit board of the lcd...
  7. G

    how to extract audio clip from jpg metadata (hp cameras) ???

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?) hi all! hi do I extract an audio clip embedded in a jpg by my camers ( hp photosmart 945, or hp 935 and similar models ) ??? I can listen to it with the software from hp. I've also seen that hp software extracts a wav file from the...
  8. B

    LCD motion problem

    I just purchaced a new Sony SDM-S73 LCD monitor. It has a very annoying motion issue that makes text anywhere and edge lines in games flash/flicker when they are moving slowly accross the screen. What the heck is going on? This is very noticable when text scrolls accross a window such as the...
  9. C

    20ms or less LCD's?

    All, I'm looking for a 17" to 18" LCD with a response time of 25ms or under, preferably 20ms or better. I've seen lots of reviews on the Hitachi CML174, and also heard of the Planar. What else is out there that has responses of 20ms or less, or is there a nice place to find this information...
  10. G

    .HPIMAGE.VFS

    how do i convert the .vfs file to .jpgs, it ate my photos. ;( all i have in my scandisk is the .vfs file.
  11. G

    Need advice

    I m changing mb,gpu,cpu and rams and i will keep hdd and power supply. What i want to know is what i have to do with drivers(software in general) before i insert my new parts.
  12. F

    Rate and modify my build

    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wt7C The site says that everything is compatible but I would like to know if everything truly is compatible such as will the motherboard wil fit so on and so forth and what power supply should I get I honestly dont trust the web site and is there room for improvement...
  13. T

    Using All-in-one with laptop

    I am looking at purchasing an all-in-one desktop. With my current set up, I use a KVM switch that both my current (regular) desktop and my laptop are connected to. I then am able to use my keyboard, monitor and mouse that are with my desktop while working off my laptop. My question is, if I...
  14. D

    How do I build a open computer without a case?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjh8zerBbs8 I would like to start building a PC like this because its cheaper for me without having to buy a computer case I'm puzzled about, how the guy turn on his PC? Please tell me how can I turn on a a open computer just like on the video?
  15. A

    Computer Shutting down while playing games

    Hello, I have a HP Laptop and it keep shutting down while playing League of Legends or Skyrim, when i go into a League of Legends game i can be there maybe 10.00 min. and then it shutting down without warning, and when i try start it again it cant i have to wait like 30 min. before i can start...
  16. B

    New $1100 developer/Programmer machine. Review & sugestions requested

    Hello everybody, I have been trying to build a new developer machine. Suggestions and opinions requested. Approximate purchase date:Next two weeks System usage : Programming Typical softwares that will be running all the time: Java, Eclipse IDE, Dreamweaver 5.5, Firefox, Chrome with...
  17. H

    If i have a laptop with hdmi port can i hook up my ps3 to it?

    if i have a laptop with an hdmi port can i hook up my ps3 to it? I plugged in my hdmi to the port but nothing happened. If it is possible, how can u change the video output on the laptop to show the ps3 video?
  18. F

    Edited systembuilt title.

    Edited systembuilt topic text.
  19. F

    Motherboard turns on but no monitor, mouse or keyboard?

    Hi, I'm new to this forum! I have just bought a new motherboard bundle which included: ASUS M5A97 Pro AMD FX6100 8GB DDR3 RAM Existing GPU: Nvidia 9800GT After installing all the new components into an existing case and PSU and only adding 1 (2GB of RAM tried in every slot) i cannot get any...
  20. M

    2 questions about Motherboards

    What exactly is the "VRM" rating on motherboards. ie: Phase 10, Phase 18.... I know it has something to do power distribution. I have a choice between a Phase 10 and Phase 18 boards, not much difference between the two boards other then the VRM, and one is $50 more. My 2nd question is about...
  21. X

    X40 startup problem

    Hi Everyone... I got an used thinkpad x40 from ebay (from a shop with great customer feedback) which i m unable to boot. It shows no ibm logo on startup or doesn't beep either. The screen remains blank with backlight and few LEDs on. I tried entering bios menu with no luck. The ram slot is...
  22. D

    Is this a good build?

    Hi I made this list on Newegg, just wondering if this is a good build for the money. I will be doing some moderate gaming and may overclock at some point, which then I would buy a different CPU cooler. Just wondering. Thanks!
  23. H

    Newcomer to computer builds $1000 Gaming Build

    Hey everyone. This is going to my first build ever and I wanted to build a computer I can run games like Starcraft 2 and Company of Heros. Thanks to everyone in advance for their advice and suggestions. Approximate Purchase Date: This month Budget Range: $1000-$1200 System Usage from Most...
  24. N

    Dual Sandy Bridge mobo?

    Does such exist? If not does anyone know when/if it will?
  25. orestesdd

    Can I rant about Toshiba Laptop and Service?

    I am currently having a bad experience with a specially ordered Toshiba laptop, and I wonder if this is correct forum to rant about my dissatisfaction. If I am in the correct forum, please let me know, and then I can explain what happened. Thanks.
  26. P

    Water Cooling Life Expectancy

    Hi, I'm one of those rare people who had very good luck with an Aquagate S1. For years my CPU usually sat around 31-33 C and ever exceeded 45C. It ran great at fan idle speed since the day I bought it 3 years ago -I just added some of their funky blue coolant every 6 months and went back to...
  27. J

    Which Laptop would be better for gaming

    Im in search of a laptop and narrowed my search to these two. Wanted to know which was better for gaming. The Dell has an i7 and the graphics card is a 550m the toshiba has a i5 but a 560m Intel® Core™ i5-2410M processor Features a 3MB cache and 2.3GHz processor speed with Turbo Boost up to...
  28. jemcglot

    On order. Thoughts?

    This will be my very first build and I want to play AAA titles for at least a few years on 1080p settings before having to upgrade my system. Please give me your input regarding my system specs and any weaknesses or compatibility issues. Thanks in advance. I also may try to overclock from what I...
  29. D

    Q9650 overclocking

    Hello, I'm a new member of this forum and I know this kind of question must be asked very frequently here. I currently have a Q9650 (with stock HSF) on a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3P, in a Antec 902 case. At stock speeds (3000=333x9, 1.2 vcore, 1.2 vtt) I get temps of 40-60. I have just overclocked my...
  30. N

    850$ CAD Build--looking for advice

    Looking to build my first computer-- - FEEL FREE TO COMMENT ON ANY/ALL - Budget 850-900$ ***Canadian $$*** (w/ tax + shipping), would like to future proof myself 3-4 years. - No plans to OC, but would like the option - Would like to play games such as minecraft/starcraft 2/ right up to crysis 2...
  31. V

    PC build for review

    Hi All, I have spec'd out a system primarily for still photography, but it may be used for some gaming as well. I chose Intel vs. AMD...not sure about that. Also, haven't picked out a video card, although I am leaning towards the Geforce 650. Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated. here...
  32. T

    My first build

    i want to know if this works is my first time building a computer so i need some help with this, this is what i got CPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113281 Motherboard http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131880&Tpk=Asus%20F2A55-M%2fCSM Ram...
  33. C

    Ga-ma770t-ud3p No Post (Used to work)

    Hi All, I've built system a year or less ago Phenom II X4 550 Black Edition ga-ma770t-ud3p 2x2GB ECS 1066Mhz Rams ATi Radeon 4850 1GB DDR3 OCZ 500W PSU ocz500sxs 2x 500 GB Seagate Drives 7200 RPM The system was mainly a gaming system until I got a Xbox 360 and then I was hooked into the...
  34. G

    Acer Aspire 3620 Blue Screen when shutting down

    Notebook working perfectly, but refuses to shut down: Blue Screen, starting with " A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer .........................." Switch off at power button, restart and everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions?
  35. S

    I7-3770 build for ESXi server

    Hi, I would like to build a home server (using desktop setup) for ESXi 5. Processor: i7-3770 due to vt-d and hyperthreading http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116502 Motherboard: ASrock Z77 Pro-3 due compatible NIC for ESXi...
  36. J

    First PC Build: Is this my Dream Machine? (Cosmos II)

    I'm embarking on my first custom build; I haven't ordered anything yet, just deep in research mode, so I would love feedback on whether I'm on the right track. I'm new to this (abandoning Dell and stepping up from a laptop), and having more fun than I expected learning how everything works...
  37. N

    Fujitsu HD'S = Garbage??

    Just out of curiosity, If you ever owned a Fujitsu HD, how long did it last, and does anyone still have a working one? I ask this after going through 2 fujitsu HD'S on my dell laptop (they came with it) and I had an old 40gig Fujitsu that didn't survive tipping over and falling into my computer...
  38. N

    Need a Notebook. Argentina.

    . What is your budget? 800 us$ (I live in Argentina) 2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 12-14" 3. What screen resolution do you want? Any 4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? It will be my only computer, moslty used at home but also need...
  39. S

    OverClocking Core i7 on the default fan

    Hello, i would like to know how much can i over clock the core i7 920 with the Default Fan that comes with the Cpu, how much can i boost it without casing overheat to the cpu or anything els. how to overclock: 1.) Change the memory mhz to the lowest posible ratio. 2.) Change the "QPI link...
  40. P

    GTX 670 power req?

    What is the power requirement of 1 gtx 670 and 2 in sli? Watts and amps please