Computer Shops

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Computer Shops.
  1. H

    what ram should i choose for build?

    hey everyone I was all set on my build but after watching a couple videos on ram im not sure what kind ill need money isn't an issue only want 8gb (2x4) ram what are some good choices?? I have my build below only going for gaming pc pretty much :) do I need cas 8/ 9 /10 /11 and ddr3 1600-...
  2. Q

    Sony vaio vs Samsung ativ book 7

    Halloo I need advice. I want to change sony vaio vpcf126fm on samsung ativ book 7
  3. X

    I can't read any disks PLEASE HELP

    So I'm trying to install cyberlink powerdirector 12 on my PC through the install disk, but the problem is, even though my computer acknowledges that the disk is there, it refuses to read it. I click on dvd icon and it says it's blank.What can I do? Alos, I tried to open something in media player...
  4. P

    FS9 nav/beacon lights......

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) My turn to post a question. I just noticed the nav and rotating beacon lights were not displaying correctly. With a few exceptions, all my aircraft (default and addons) display just a hint of light where the nav lights should...
  5. J

    My desktop says it's connected, but does not access the internet.

    I am using Windows Vista on an HP desktop and I am connected to a wireless network via my laptop through an ethernet cable. I have been using this setup successfully until today, and have also successfully pinged google.com. My laptop is still connected to the internet - which is how I am...
  6. G

    Simms2 installation

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.games (More info?) I have a new computer and am trying to load Simms 2 for my son Is their a setting that stops me from loading the serial number as it will not let me past this point. Same problem with Harry Potter Quiddick World Cup (The game works fine...
  7. G

    Who sells Atari Audi/Reg Rebuild Kits?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Does anyone sells these other than Bob Roberts? I really need a kit to repair my Tempest. Thanks
  8. D

    FS: NOS MM Castle Right Side

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) $90.00 - OBO - shipped in the U.S.. Pics available... Thanks, Dan dmzll@comcast.net
  9. S

    no cd patch

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) is there a working one yet that lets u do build mode? i paid for the game but dont want to keep putting the disk in and out all the time. thanks.
  10. G

    HELP: Eight Ball Deluxe Weirdness

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Hi, Just got an EBD and it seems to have a strange problem: half (or so) of the solenoids don't seem to work during gameplay. For example: Start a game, the ball won't kick out of the outhole. I manually bring it out and score some points...
  11. G

    Gottlieb Prototype Playfield - Devil's Dare

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Please let me know who wants replacement playfield, I might be able to do what theme you want, even individual requests. My initial goal for these at $200-$300 US. This is the first prototype, I will try to target $200 US, but still waiting...
  12. C

    What is the best budget soundcard?

    My system spec: amd 8320 piledriver 8 core Gigabyte 78LMT- usb 3.0 Asus direct cu11 770 2gb oc corsair 200r cx 600 psu 120gb samsung 840 ssd 2 tb hdd I plan on only spending £20 to £30 as I do not have the best speakers, however I am going to get some 5.1 surround sound speakers, and I would...
  13. G

    The Noble - a PC-rated Aristocrat

    Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?) The Aristocrat in the DMG doesn't really work for characters like Denethor. So here we have something with a bit more substance. I've tried to imbue it with the sense of undefinable natural superiority over the common herd. Constructive...
  14. G

    system shock 2 any good?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?) I found this game sitting on my shelf. I never got around to playing it. have any of you played it? I am a little burned out lately on the usual hi tech games and would actually like to go retro and slum it for a bit. is the game...
  15. G

    HL2: Mod MINERVA : Metastasis (Half-Life 2 | HalfLife 2)

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?) Downloaded the first level released for this mod. It's been a while since I played HL2, or any of the singleplayer mods like Antlion Troopers. I play HL2 Deathmatch all the time, which is fun/chaos. I had forgotten the mood of...
  16. G

    [Crawl] YASM: You sense a powerful magical force warping s..

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.misc (More info?) Upon re-entering Elf:7 I got the message menioned in the subject line, "You sense a powerful magical force warping space." What does it mean, does anyone know?
  17. M

    nvidia graphic drivers

    hi everyone need some help i cant install the new invidia driver 331.82. it fails to install everytime, i cant uninstall my old drivers aswell thinks it 331.65 does anyone have any ideas
  18. P

    Need Help Choosing Upgrades

    I think my PC may be getting a bit outdated. It's choking a bit much for my taste these days... I want to upgrade it a little at a time as I can afford, but with an extremely limited budget I'm not sure where to start (or if I would be better off just buying a new barebones system for the price...
  19. G

    Funny hula dancer

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) So, time had caught up to Jacques, and in came the Reaper. I think his hula dancers must have been out the night before or something... hehe http://home.broadpark.no/~rborsjo/uniblooper1.jpg
  20. G

    EU Servers down again

    Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?) Its 9:45 in the evening and for the second time this week Arathor is nowhere to be found. The full rest credit I have been given for last Wednesdays debacle is Just getting bigger. Ooh I'm soooooo Happy. Blizzard need to stop doing...
  21. G

    Throwing Barb

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?) How powerful can these guys really become? I've taken note of the Unique Throwing Axes and both The Scalper and Gimmershreds i had drop last season. Infact i still had them on a mule when the ladder reset. Ofcourse considering i'm Ladder...
  22. G

    My Nascar first impressions

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) No compensation for stuck test car = See other article. I've about given up hope on seeing decent compensation for broken things on location games. T2 and Addams Family would practically keep playing until the legs fell off. Why not make...
  23. G

    TECH: Credits added with Left Flipper Activating on Bally ..

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Hi group, Having an odd issue with my Eight Ball that seems to happen with older Bally's. When the left (and sometimes right) flippers are activated rapidly, I am getting credits added. There is a credit button tapped into the coin mech...
  24. R

    Advice on choosing a Motherboard and Graphic Card

    Hi, Need your help on choosing some parts for my desktop. I'm going to use it 60% of the time 3d design and the rest gaming. CPU chosen FX-8320. For Motherboard I have this solutions, regarding price/performance should go for 970: - Asrock 970 Pro3 R2.0 - 65€ - Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P - 69€ -...
  25. G

    Locked door near Venril Sathir

    Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest (More info?) Well,I found there's no way out from VS' area,except a locked door.Searching the net I found nothing about it. Is there a key for it and if yes where do I find it or do I need a rogue? Uland 67 Hunter
  26. G

    multiplayer question - why auto aim is always enabled??

    Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life.counterstrike (More info?) When trying to disable auto aim via the Steam menu then applying/ok, it always returns to enabled mode (ie. box always ticked)... whereas joystick and mouselook are toggled on or off. What's the go with auto-aim? thanx
  27. G

    Mr Do! background question

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Wondering if the decorative piece above the bezel on a dedicated mr do is supposed to do anything? Does it light up or something? Chris M
  28. G

    Total gang territories

    Archived from groups: alt.games.grand-theft-auto (More info?) Previously I saw many guides / people saying that there are 52 or 53 or 54 "regular" territories (that can be taken over through 3 waves) and people are finding "weird" territories (1-wave of war only) in boat school through normal...
  29. G

    TRADE: Mr. Do's Wildride PCB for Mr. Do's Castle PCB

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Title says it all. Need Mr. Do's Castle PCB and have a Wildride PCB that I can't use. E-mail me if interested. John
  30. G

    Time for the asking again! MISSILE COMMAND Hi Score Save K..

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Anyone ready to take this venture on yet or have one ready to go? john
  31. G

    paladin quest help

    Archived from groups: alt.games.warcraft (More info?) i'm currently a level 14 paladin, i just started the paladin quest given by the trainer in the Stromwind, in the Cathedral. 1st was to give linen to a lady there, did that. 2nd one i'm having a bit of trouble with, i'm suppose to go met a...
  32. G

    Infocom's Quarterstaff: Tomb of Setmoth Death Chamber West

    Archived from groups: rec.games.int-fiction,rec.arts.int-fiction (More info?) Sauer, in Infocom's Quarterstaff: Tomb of Setmoth, the room I'm talking about is called the "Death Chamber West," not "Death Chamber W." Where is the "Death Chamber West?" Brian
  33. G

    WTB: Master Display Board for Lucky Seven

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Thx -- StompS Portland, OR http://www.geocities.com/pdxinvestr/Stomps.html
  34. G

    Custom neighborhood installation question

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) I am whiling away the weeks until nightlife arrives and I reinstall by organizing my downloads including some that I had never installed for various reasons. One thing that I am trying to install is Madame Min's Pleasant Valley. Since...
  35. G

    GTB Lockdown bars

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) What lockdown bars will fit a Gottlieb System 1, i.e. for regular narrow body machines - how new/old can I go? It's for a Sinbad - and on a related note, anyone have one for sale?
  36. G

    Cha-based, morale-effects pseudo-magical priest

    Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd,rec.games.frp.misc (More info?) I'm tinkering with a combat system that's both diceless and HP-less. To playtest it, I've prepared a short medieval, low/no-magic campaign for my players. What [I think] I need is a pair of priest classes, one good-ish...
  37. W

    Nvidia driver 71.89 & 77.72 are bad

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?) For Nvidia video card users. 71.89 not good for SIMS 2 - bad bug with girl default hairs as the hair would cover whole face. 77.72 is horrible - SIMS 2 run very stutterly with broken texture and...
  38. M

    Can't print out my Private Pilots Checkride Certificate

    Archived from groups: alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim (More info?) Hi there. When I try to print out my checkride certificate in FS2004 it comes up with an error massage. Something about "for security reasons this action cannot be done because you have a debugger running. Please turn it off"...
  39. G

    vectrex on psp...possible?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.vectrex (More info?) Maybe DVE will work on the PSP because there is a dos emulator written for the PSP. Anyone who can test this combination? The Dosbox can be found here: http://www.pspupdates.com DVE can be download here...
  40. G

    Best Pins for Kids

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) Looking to purchase my first group of pins. While I'm aware of all the Williams/Bally pins from the 90's I was wondering which games might appeal to my young kids (and their friends), ages 7 & 8. Any suggestions?