Cookie

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Cookie.
  1. K

    Which Mini ITX is ideal for Linux?

    So I basically want a Mini ITX mobo that is most compatible with a Linux OS so I wouldn't have any issues with audio and such. Here are the 2 mobos I have in mind and I need to know which is better for Linux OS. Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI ASUS P8H77-I I'm leaning towards Gigabyte since it has...
  2. L

    Multitasking

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have been having trouble when I'm listening to music from the internet and when go to open a file or program the music start skipping Dell told that the problem That I'm having is call Multitasking, if I add more memory...
  3. G

    Remote Assistance w/ SP2

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) I am having problems using remote assistance at an offsite location and I've reached sort of a dead end. I am able to connect to and remotely control my 2 Windows Server 2003 domain controllers through remote...
  4. dasX91

    Question about compatibility

    Hello, I have a question about Gskill [ TridentX ] F3-2400C10D-8GTX ] my pc spec is: . MB Asus maximus v gene . Intel i5 3570k In Gskill web-site [http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=511] my MB and processor are listed as compatible, but my question is, does someone has a setup like mine...
  5. jaguarman

    Not enough room on C drive?

    Hi i just reset my PC, i barely have anything in it, I downloaded a game called World of Tanks, when World of Tanks was installing, (not downloading) i got the error "not enough space on C: drive" I went back on my computer the next day and i checked the C drive's memory, and it has 3.39 GBs...
  6. DoZZa

    Zoom X6 Modem/Router Security Issues

    Hi all, I have just setup my new Zoom X6 Router. Its a good router and has added an extra 1.5kbps to my connection speed right out of the box. However I am not happy with the security of the X6. 1. It responds to pings. I cant see an option anywhere which allows me to block or unblock ping...
  7. C

    Mobile Broadband Router Keeps Disconnecting

    I have a Netgear mbr624gu mobile broadband router and it keeps disconnecting every minute or 2, I have my laptop connected through the wan port and have my ps3 connected wirelessly. both connections are lost every time. I have tried another cable, resetting, updating the firmware and disabling...
  8. A

    How to make laptop detect pendrive

    Hello, my laptop can not dectect pendrive .. what should I do??
  9. W

    Bottom Mounsted PSU - better than before?

    Just read this article, from 2008. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/System-Builder-Marathon,1962-8.html I'm wondering if the arguments made are still relevant. I'm leaning towards a bottom-mounted PSU for my next build but want to ensure a relatively cool temp.
  10. A

    Encore Wireless 802 11g ENLWI-G2 XP

    Busco controlador Encore Wireless 802.11g ENLWI-G2 XP
  11. R

    FuzzBayerTRON is complete!

    I've done it! But I couldn't have done it without members like iceclock and TheBigTroll at Toms Hardware. Thanks to everyone who helped me. Here it is on PC Part Picker: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/ArK
  12. R

    Water got into the PC, wont turn on!

    Hello everyone! An accident has happened and my PC might be ruined :( I was asleep when my sister was using the computer and she had this rubber heater which has to be filled with water. And it somehow blew up. The PC was on its side (cpu fan's mount brackets have been broken) and the water got...
  13. G

    Protect files/folders on a USB Flash Drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, Does anyone know how can I protect files/folders on a USB Flash Drive from being deleted.
  14. G

    Faxing to several receipient

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hello, We have microsoft XP professional in our office. I would like to know how I can send the same fax to group of people without typing the number individually. I do not know how to import numbers into the address book...
  15. M

    Is it safe to build on a glass desk

    I'm building my computer tomorrow and was just wondering if it's safe to build it on a glass desk (due to static etc). Iv already searched the net and seen various answers. The desk legs are made out of metal. Thanks in advance.
  16. corbet31

    Any suggestions or tips before build?

    I'm building a new gaming PC setup. I would really like for this to last quite some time with as few upgrades as possible. I've come up with what I think seems like a very good build. Please take a look at it and tell me what you think! If you have any suggestions as to add or change something...
  17. G

    Zoltrix PCI ISDN modem hangs XP Pro

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I recently upgraded a Desktop and moved the Zoltrix ISDN PCI modem over to the new machine (It worked fine in the old machine for 2 years). It works fine in the new machine except when you click disconnect it hangs the...
  18. G

    won't go to screen saver or standby

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) I'm running xp pro on a tosihba tecra 8100 laptop... the unit will not go to screen saver or standby.. although it is set too thks John
  19. M

    unattended install

    is there a way to create an unattended installing win xp cd? Like I don't have to type in WORKGROUP, pc name, global time (ex. +8 hrs Taipei) -- all those annoying options.
  20. S

    Pc crash with no cause

    I built my own pc a few months ago and it has been running just fine up untill about 2 weeks ago. I have been having random crashes. Sometimes its the DQS training failed, BSOD, my screen just seizes up, or i get this random text scrolling, OR just nothing at all it just goes blach and i have to...
  21. S

    Boot hangs on windows startup

    Hi, I bought 2 days ago wd2002faex and already had my old wd6400aaks 640GB. Formatet and partitioned new one, installed windows 7 ultimate x64 and when booting windows it just stops at black windows starting screen, sometimes it takes longer and sometimes faster. Then it hangs in windows...
  22. A

    Outlet Warrantee

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Given the positive comments here recently about outlet boxes, and the fact that I may be in the market for a system soon, I took a look at the outlet site. I did not find any information on the warrantee. Does anyone know where that...
  23. S

    Windows 7 64-bit can't run old games?

    This is just a simple question about the 64-bit system(s): -Can 64-bit systems run old games like age of empires 1-2, Sim city 3000 and so on, or is the problem in my computer/laptop? Because my new ASUS laptop that has windows7 64-bit can't run old classic games like age of empires, but my...
  24. G

    Problems to share a hp deskjet 3535 and WinXP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hi, I'm trying to share a HP Deskjet 3535 from my WinXP. I can print normally from my machine, but others machines can't. These machines are finding and printing using my share, but only blank pages are printed. An...
  25. soldatz

    SSD has 1% remaining drive life?

    Just out of curiosity, I ran CrystalDiskInfo on my OCZ Vertex Turbo and was shocked to discover that it has only 1% drive life remaining! SSDLife confirms this information. See: http://imgur.com/a/NAZbo I ran this drive in RAID 0 with an identical Vertex Turbo for about two years, and the...
  26. G

    Guest account error message

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I have XP Pro SP2 and have turned on the guest account. When I switched from my admin account to the guest account...I got a logon message saying: " The security log on this system is full. Only administrators can log on to...
  27. T

    Boot drive

    So I built a htpc, and I have a 64gb ssd i wanted to use as a boot drive and a 2tb low power hdd to use for storage, after doing some research i came across this http://www.overclock.net/ssd/664738-how-setup-ssd-boot-drive-secondary.html and it went good except that in step 7 it says to move...
  28. kieranO

    GTX 690, worth it?

    Considering getting a GTX 690 to replace my GTX 670 Direct CU II 2GB which i currently have had for last 3 months (will sell on ebay or somthing), reason being currently my card doesnt seem to handle ALL games at Ultra settings in some of the more intense instances (e.g. Arkham city or far cry 3...
  29. G

    keyboard shortcuts

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi I am running XP pro. I am wordering if It is possible to assign keyboard shortcuts to some frequently used applications ? Is there any such free utilities out there ?
  30. K

    How to trace a lost laptop of HP Pavillion.

    S/No - CNF 9322CDG. Hp Pavillion Laptop Dv6-1256Tx.
  31. Atollhouse

    GTX 670 or GTX 680

    I'm torn between several cards for my build. I want to purchase the best price/performance card I can get and not have to worry about getting a second card for SLI for a couple years. I've been looking between: EVGA GTX 670 FTW: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130787...
  32. Z

    MAC address filtering and WAG54G V2

    I have got WAG54G V2 Firmware 1.01.15, when I enabled MAC filtering, for wireless card for the laptop it did not work (I can not access the internet)!!! See the attachment [code:1:954434ef0b]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/968/macfilterwag54g8gc.jpg[/code:1:954434ef0b] When I disabled MAC...
  33. J

    Replace a registry key with a batch file?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I have the following registry key that I want to copy into the registry with a batch file on shutdown [-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TypedURLs] named blankurls.reg. I have a batch file set up in the...
  34. G

    Enable 32-bit disk access in BIOS of Pavilion a450n?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) I have an 8-month-old HP Pavilion a450n desktop computer. This is a P4 3 GHz, 512 MB, 140 GB machine running WinXP SP2. I have noticed that 32-bit disk access is disabled in the BIOS. I was wondering.... * is it safe to enable 32-bit...
  35. A

    I have no genuine windows7 os.i have windows 7 ultimate 64 bit os.can i install

    sir mt main aim is to run turbo c on my cpmputer.as i installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit i unable to install turbo c.somebody suggest me to download xp mode & virtul pc.but i have no genuine windows 7 ultimate os.plese give me suggestion .
  36. N

    [Solved] Licence key for windows 7 home premium

    please
  37. T

    Opinions and suggestions on a "High-End" machine.

    Hello everyone! Whitin a few weeks i'll be ordering a new high-end computer and after days of researching i've come down to this setup. I might add that i'm going to keep this system for a couple of years whit no upgrades and therefore is going for a Quad Core CPU and a High-End GPU just too...
  38. A

    Computer keeps restarting; can't figure out why

    My computer that I built randomly restarts during gaming. I can't seem to solve the problem. It recently just restart on me while playing the Sims 2. The screen just went black and the computer just restart as if I had pushed the manual restart button. The specs are: - AMD Athlon 64 X2...
  39. P

    I3-3110m vs i5-3210m

    Hey all, I'm looking to buy a budget laptop. I'm considering the Lenovo edge e430. I have three similarly priced options. I do a bit of gaming and just general web browsing,office etc. So, here they are: I3-3110m with GeForce gt g35m I5-3210 m with GeForce gt 610m I5-3210m with hd 4000...