Deskstar

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Deskstar.
  1. D

    Geforce GTX 560

    Im planning to buy Geforce GTX 560, i want my games to run smooth in a 1920 x 1080p resolution. My current GPU is HD 5570 and all settings should be low to run most games. my processor is intel g630, so my question is. Will my games run smooth without upgrading my processor?
  2. P

    Sound gone after quitting skyrim

    Hi, I have an MSI 7950 gpu. Upon quitting skyrim my system sound is gone. If I go back into skyrim the sound is back. I am using the hdmi port on the back of the 7950. If I roll back my computer it works fine. I restart the computer and nothing happens. Any suggestions?
  3. W

    Multiple monotors windows 7 wont work

    Hello, I have installed Windows 7 and now I can't get multiple monitors running - I ge same image on both and the set-up is only seeing one monitor. Anyone come across a fix for this? Seems the Tech gurus can't fix it as I,ve been down hat track? HP xw6200 with a NVIDIA Quadro FX Card. Works...
  4. S

    Graphic card - psu issue.help!

    Hello, I have recently purchased a ati radeon hd 4870 ddr5 graphic card. It says i need 2 six pin power cords. But my 450 watts psu doesnt have even one. So can i use a molex adapter to power up it? Can i pin just one six pin power cord (i.e, the one which i converted using the adapter) to the...
  5. A

    Can't find any PEN15 video cards

    My friend said PEN15 caps sell good graphics cards but i cant seem to find any info on em
  6. corymartin66

    Nvida 7025

    i have an 7025 graphic chip on my motherboard and it gets very hot to the touch and i don't know why because its not even in use...i have a gtx 550 ti that i use :??:
  7. G

    question on not overclocking amd's

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips (More info?) in reading the reviews on amd chips it seems most people overclock them when using benchmarks and such,overclocking isnt something im looking to dabble into right now.are the non overclocked amd's worth geting?or would a p4 just...
  8. D

    Selecting new gpu

    well i have a http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1762/1/ and before the latest starcraft 2 update i was able to stream and get like 60+fps all the time (even in big battles) well now with the update in some parts of the game i get below 20 fps so i figured it was the graphics card...
  9. G

    Strange graphics performance and temp

    Hello guys, this website has given me a lot of info thus far, so i figure this would be the best place to get some FREE expert advice from you. first of all here are my system specs: Acer Predator g5900 intel core i5 processor 650 6gb ddr3 500gb hdd twin frozer 2 gtx 580 now i recently...
  10. R

    660 (non ti) on diablo 3

    I was wondering if that gpu could run diablo 3 max at 60 fps. i am building a comp very soon and its based on video editing, with light gaming
  11. Z

    Replace gtx460 with hd5850?

    First, a friend sent me a new video card; it is a hd5850. I currently am running a gtx460. Is it worth swaping the 2 cards?
  12. themegadinesen

    A question about PhysX...

    How much of a performance impact can PhysX have if it runs on the CPU rather than the GPU?? (Assuming the CPU is an i7-2600k and the GPU a GTX 560ti) On AMD GPUs, I assume it runs on the CPU only... How does it performs against the green guys??
  13. G

    Is my gtx 560 ti 2gb SC underperforming?

    Hello, i recently built a new computer and i feel that my graphics card is some what underperforming since i've seen other youtube videos of people having better framerates playing games like bf3 with the same card. This is my rig... Intel Core i5-2400 3.1Ghz LGA1155 CPU MSI Z77A-GD65 Intel Z77...
  14. Capslock

    Will my system be enough to handle GTX480

    Hi guys. I have a GTX275 and is looking to upgrade! Current system spec's Athlone x4 640 Quad core 8Gb Hynix DRR3 750watt PSU Foxconn Mobo - Don't know spec's GTX275 Windows 7 64bit Ultimate The question is will my current system be enought to handle a Gigabyte GTX 480 with Zallman Vf3000...
  15. XJLanzaro

    1GB 6950 OC unlocked to 6970 vs. 2GB 6950

    I want to upgrade my video card. I have come down to two options in the $170 range on ebay, either an overclocked and unlocked Gigabyte 6950 with only 1GB of ram, or a normal 2GB 6950. The card will mainly be for playing Battlefield 3 and any games I get in the future. Which card would perform...
  16. G

    Looking for a reliable USB 2.0 Digital Video Camera...

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) I´m looking for a couple of Digital Video Cameras but I need them to be USB 2.0 interfaced to connect to a PC or other USB 2.0 compatible device. I also need the camera to transfer the video without compressing it. I´m wondering if someone...
  17. G

    Volleyball Photography, a tutorial

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems (More info?) How to shoot volleyball action shots. I put this together for my daughter's volleyball club. I'd appreciate reviews, additions, corrections... The target audience is primarily parents with point and shoot...
  18. G

    Canon A95 or Fuji E550

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) Actually I like my old Kodak DX3600, but now want the ability to crop and still make a decent 8x10 print. Even though I am not a novice, the Canon mode dial makes no sense to me, but everyone says that it makes a great photo. The Fuji...
  19. G

    EGG & SPOONERS LOVE THE D70!!!

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) http://users.bigpond.net.au/mbphoto/dsc_0463.jpg Couldn't help myself, I had to do it!! -- Michael Brown Melbourne Australia www.photo.net/photos/mlbrown
  20. S

    New Build, New Games Crash

    Hey all, Hope this is the right section to post, just not sure what the problem is so can't really pick a section. So my PC is about a week old now; So far I've tried to play Battlefield 3 and Total War 2: Fall of the Samurai (which keep crashing) and League of Legends (I can play all day no...
  21. U

    Benefit of classified over regular GeForce GTX 560/570

    I had a thread yesterday about trying to pick out a graphics card and someone suggested that I get the classified version of the 560 or 570. I was originally looking at this 570 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130687 so I guess what would be the benefit of switching to...
  22. S

    WHAT THE IS WRONG WITH MY GFX CARD!!!!!!

    SERIOSULY IM FURIOUS RIGHT NOW!!!!! i can not for the life of me get this sapphire hd6850 to work right!!! heres what happens. i have the card installed and everything works fine. i started from scratch installing it. removing all traces of it with driver sweeper and having windows install...
  23. S

    Which Drives for quiet Raid 0?

    I am building a pair of gaming rigs for the wife and I with the following rough specs Intel e8400 780i board 8 gigs of ram 2x8800 GTS 512 Creative X-fi Gamers Antec P180 Vista x64 I want SATA Raid 0 for the OS but size is not a big concern. We back most important stuff up on an NAS drive...
  24. I

    Power supply for radeon hd 6670

    i recently bought an amd graphic card "Radeon™ HD 6670 Graphics card".the official site states that it requires "400 Watt or greater power supply recommended". my power supply is http://i41.tinypic.com/fav61c.jpg . please can anyone tell me that will it work with this power supply. if yes then...
  25. thisking

    Dell XPS 400 vs Dell Inspiron 530. Which do I upgrade for Diablo 3.

    Hello guys :hello: thanks for reading my post i've searched threads for both comps most of em are pretty dated and the suggestions for video card upgrades are not available to purchase new anymore. My main concern is which comp to upgrade so I can get some Diablo 3 action going? I'd be playing...
  26. M

    Can one see an antiglare screen on a computer screen in the sun

    Hello, I am getting ready to purchase a new laptop. I have bad eyes and may on occasion use it on a patio or at a park. I can not see my cell phone screen outside. Will an anti-glare screen be any better on a laptop?
  27. X

    What type of error is this

    Well, i have BF:BC2 and it runs as Solid 30-45 FPS most of the time if i play for about 45 minutes suddenly the screen goes black and my monitor says "No Signal" i can still hear the sounds of the game in the background sometimes when i press left mouse button i can hear my gun shooting. and i...
  28. H

    Evga e geforce 8800 gt

    when i install my evga e geforce 8800gt video card on my dell optiplex gx 280 (the one that opens up sideways not just by removing the cover on the side) the cpu fan speeds up to top speed after like a second or two and i get no display not even from my onboard video..i have a 600w power supply...
  29. B

    Asus 6850 Issues with Gaming

    Hello. I am having some odd issues running games on my machine. World of Warcraft reports that it is running 60fps on the ingame fps counter with everything maxed out on ultra, but goes insanely slow when ever i turn, but when walking straight it is fine. Also, I am getting some HEAVY...
  30. J

    Asus GTX 550 Ti problem: PSU or MOBO ?

    Hello, I recently bought the Asus GTX 550 Ti to start upgrading my computer. My specs are: ECS 945GTC-M mobo Kingston 2 GB DDR2 667 x 2 (4 GB) Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 (2.66 GHz) Generic PSU 450 W Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit The problem: I've installed Asus GTX 550 Ti, and connected the 6-pin...
  31. M

    Usb SSD boot drive for laptop

    First off is it even possible for a laptop to boot from usb HDD? Second would be the mounting problems I came across the zalman s series(usb2.0 and sata) and was wondering if it would be possible to boot from it and keep my internal HDD for storage? I use my laptop for couch browsing so I...
  32. A

    Need a cheap graphics card that supports pixel shading 3.0!

    I want to play League of Legends on my computer but I get an error message because I only have an Intel 82845g integrated graphics controller. I have very little money, and want to buy the cheapest possible graphics card that will support pixel shading 3.0. But I don't know what will be...
  33. phoenixfudge

    Hello, should I wait for the new AMD APU's or get an i5?

    For my first computer I would like to build something around 450$. I'm aiming for an all around fast computer with low-mid level graphics. I am deciding whether I should wait for those new "Trinity" APU's so I can Crossfire (Dual Graphics) with a cheap 7000 series video card and get decent...
  34. M

    Questions about HP P6813w upgrading (PSU and graphics card)

    Since certain people want to be pissy about this I'm asking this question that ANOTHER person has already asked. I want to be able to play The Sims 3 in addition to it's expansion packs on high setting (the non-online game). I know I will have to pay for another psu and a card so here are my...
  35. A

    Ports on second card from my crossfired 6850's

    Hello there, I just received my second 6850 Card that I bought in order to increase performance as well as have 1 extra HDMI and 1 DVI port. I then installed them the way I saw on videos and read about prior to it, and when I turned on my computer, the crossfire enable window popped up, which...
  36. S

    Graphics Card Installation Help!

    I really need help from anybody who knows about home built computers. Recently I just purchased a new PSU: OCZ ZS Series 550W ATX12V V2.2 24PIN ATX SLI Ready 80PLUS Bronze Performance Power This was to compensate for purchasing a new graphics card, an ASUS Radeon HD 6850...
  37. benikens

    Water block gigabyte 6970 oc2

    I've been looking for awhile now and I can't find a full cover block for this card, so I was thinking I will probably have to use a universal block and ramsinks. I saw on one thread someone mention that you could use the stock heatsink to cool the ram and just watercool the block, does that...
  38. L

    NVidia driver question

    I have been trying to find out if nVidia has corrected all the problems they have been having with the new drivers for the GeForce GTX 560 series graphics cards. Due to the freezing, tearing and other odd things that happened when I installed the 285.65, 280.26 and 290.36 drivers, I ended up...
  39. internetswag

    Is Gainward a good GPU make?

    I heard of them now for the first time, checked out their GPU designs and they seem legit, any one have any experience with them personally? I was looking at the Phantom GTX 560. It's a bit more expensive than the Msi equivalent, by $13 - which one would you choose? Pics below.
  40. H

    Radeon 6970 bios GV-R697OC-2GD 900Mhz

    Hello, I have had the same crashing problem as most users of the gigabyte Radeon HD 6970. Tried to mod the voltage control and the flash failed. after about 3 hour i finally fixed it but now my system is modded as GV-R697OC2-2GD which is operating at 920Mhz... Which i'm sure is not good for...