Deskstar

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Deskstar.
  1. S

    is gigabyte gtx 750 ti card good to buy??

    hello i have made up my mind for a gigabyte gtx 750 ti 2gb ddr5 my specs are i3 2120 3.3 ghz 6 gb ddr3 twinmos 1333 mhz ASUS P8 H61 MLX 3 r 2.0 corsair 450w gaming will buy for this gpu if my 400w atx psu didnot work so plz tell me that is this card is suitable for my pc or should i go for buggy...
  2. E

    Should I buy the Radeon R9 270X or the Radeon HD 7950? $170-220 budget.

    Replacing my EVGA GTX 650 SC 2GB with something a bit stronger. I'm stuck deciding between the Radeon R9 270X and the Radeon HD 7950. I currently use a 1360 x 768 resolution monitor. The cards I am deciding between are: The Club 3D Radeon HD 7950 Royalking.- $219 and the The Club 3D Radeon...
  3. G

    How to put in a PSU.

    Getting this PSU for a i5-4670k and gtx 760 would it be fine? And where would i even start trying to put in the PSU my self? So Many cords. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028
  4. M

    500-600$ gaming build(Including OS)

    Hello all, I need to create a friend a 500-600$ gaming computer that doesn't require any peripherals.
  5. Z

    (Urgent) Fans spin for one minute, no post, no beeps - New system

    Hello! Thank you for looking over my problem.:) Main Issue When I turn on my pc, the fans start up fast, then die down to about half speed and eventually shut off along with the entire system. There are no beeps or any display. My System Merc Alpha case Gigabyte f2a55m hd2 AMD a4 5300 WD 500...
  6. LocoMonoco

    Halo Anniversary Campaign

    I just got Halo Anniversary and I got through some of the game, now instead of pestering Xbox Live players, I was wondering if anyone within this world would wanna help me beat the game on legendary. None of my friends have the game and I would like to make some new friends. I am also looking...
  7. A

    ASRock Z87 DDR3 - Issues with Dual-Channel Memory

    I just assembled a PC with the ASRock Z87 Pro3 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard. Placing any RAM into the A1 or A2 slots results in a boot error saying that there is bad memory in channel A. I have tried every combination of RAM / # of slots / location. They all work fine on their own or in pairs in...
  8. M

    Vtechsquad support or scam??

    Has anyone had any experience with VTECHSQUAD? I recently had a lightning strike which damaged 2 of my computers.i determined that the hard drives were damaged. I replaced one of them & loaded windows 7 which worked fine but After several days the auto activation said I could not activate on 2...
  9. G

    This time for sure: disk purchase question

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) Before I screw anything else up, here are the relevant links: Deskstar 7K250 160GB, 7200RPM, Internal ATA/100 Hard Drive http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=314482&pfp=SEARCH About $40 final cost, but...
  10. G

    SATA hard drive booting troubles

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) Ok im rather new to SATA hardrives and recently purchased a new comptuer with a single SATA (WD 80GB) hardrive, the motherboard is a chaintech summit motherboard s1689 ULi M1689 Nforce4...
  11. B

    Constant HDD Led Flashing

    I can't figure this one out. In the last couple of days my HDD led has started to flash constantly as if there is activity but from what I can see there is nothing happening on the pc. It flashes even when no CPU activity is reported. I've updated and run my antivirus and spyware software and...
  12. G

    How to BU You Hoser?

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage (More info?) Gees I was struggling between a new external SATA, then the highly touted Maxtor One-touch (USB2.0 vs USB/FireWire -this being no Apple BTW!). Then those saying do it to that new DVD burner you got, Hoss! Sheesh! I bet some...
  13. L

    Back-up Q 3.5-Inch USB 2.0/FW

    I bought this device along with a maxtor 200Gb IDE HDD and I'm looking for a way to format the HDD while it's external. I'm also wondering if Fat32 or NTFS would be better since I'm planning to use this storage to transfer from Final Cut to Premiere... Any advice is more than welcome
  14. D

    RAID can any1 help

    Hey sorry I had to post this in the cpu section. It seems this part of tom's community gets more hits. Well I have done some mild research on raid controllers and what not, havent seen in writing anything about the hard drives needing being the same??? I was asked a few days ago if for instance...
  15. T

    8MEG CACHE?

    I don't understand how this wil benefit me. can somebodby explain is getting a harddrive with this feature is helpful especially in the gameing field?
  16. I

    Odd boot problems...

    Alright, here's the deal: Some background information... My new system had been running fairly well, except for an occasional blue screen and reboot while gaming, which I had attributed to my video card, but hadn't really looked into. One time when this happened, however, when I rebooted, my...
  17. G

    New Harddrive

    I will be upgrading my harddrive in the next few weeks and I was wondering how I would partition the new harddrive, since ive never done this before. The drive will be 15.3 gig. Also, would I be able to partition the new harddrive then transfer the files from my old harddrive into the new one...
  18. G

    wont record WAV files correctly

    Hi. i have an acer 4X4X32 CDRW, whenever i try to record wav files to make CDs after the first 3 or four songs it gives me an error message and it stops, this is when i am using EZ-CD creater 4.0, when i am using nero i get no error messages but the cd skips in my cd player ( doest skip when it...
  19. jsngw88

    Card only clones desktop, wont extend it

    To start, I know everyone wants the builds first to possibly diagnose it as being non-compatible. SO! That being said, here goes. Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale @3.16gHz EVGA nForce 780i SLI 4x2GB DDR2 800 1066 (2) XFX GeForce 9600 GSO 1x1GB 1x768MB Fatal1ty 1TB Seagate Barracuda Apevia...
  20. L

    Looking for new PSU and Graphics card

    I have a Gateway DX4840-11e. At the moment it's just packing the factory Intel HD Graphics. I'm looking to spend no more then $500 on a graphics card and PSU. I wouldn't mind spending less then that, but its whatever. Screen: a 1366 x 768, 60hz, 720p. GPU: Intel Core i3 550 Ram: 8.00 GB...
  21. E

    I3 with GTX 670?

    Hello, I've had a lot of people confirm that I can use a 670 with an i3-2105 without muc of a bottleneck and I'd still be able to pla games on high/ultra. My question is, will i still get the same kind of benchmark framerates that Isee on this site and others with my i3 sandy bridge? And will I...
  22. Atotalnoob

    Good 1920x1080 monitors

    Hey guys, I am trying to find a balance of a good high res monitor and price.... doesn't really matter with periferals, except it needs to have hdmi. I have two in mind...
  23. Z

    Crackling sounds on computer audio

    I have turned my enhancements off and it just continues!!!! Its passed annoying now! I cant enjoy music if it sounds like my speakers are crackling. it does it whether i am listening through headphones or not! tried resetting my computer and nothing's working! I NEED HELP ASAP!!!!!!!!!!
  24. O

    AMD to Nvidia driver switch.

    So I'm switch from AMD to Nvidia for Christmas and I was wondering how to uninstall the AMD drivers. Some people have said that you have to uninstall the drivers through Catalyst Control Center and then uninstall CCC altogether. Also, some people do a driver sweep with a program like...
  25. D

    Fallout 3/NV FPS Issue - Radeon HD 7870.

    Hey guys, I've been having a minor issue with the Fallout franchise wherein I'm dropping down to around 30FPS and having highs of 60FPS on 1280x720 resolution and the exact same issue on 1920x1080. It's also recommending that I have my graphics default set to medium. It struck me as odd...
  26. S

    Graphics driver Problem?

    So I have an Nvidia Gforce 6200 graphics card installed, and after reinstalling windows, i went to install the graphics drivers but halfway through my computer crashed (From unrelated reasons.) . Now my problem is this: Whenever I try to turn on my coimputer with the videocard installed, it goes...
  27. G

    TX2 The Brothel -- rooftop questions

    Archived from groups: alt.games.thief-dark-project (More info?) I was ashamed not to have found the gas arrow in that little flat-roofed area, but it was nice to find it anyway. Is there anything else up there? When you are standing on the ladder in the gully outside Druart's room...
  28. B

    IS THIS AN DECENT UPGRADE - Radeon HD 5770 to a GTX 660 Ti

    Hello, I just want to make sure this is a big enough upgrade to notice a difference in playing today's games.
  29. W

    New Budget Gaming Build ~$350

    Hello. First post. I've been out of the PC gaming scene for 10+ years, with my last real build being a box that had a Voodoo 3500 TV (was nice back then, lol!) Anyway, I've decided to try to get back into PC gaming, and have a fairly limited budget. So far I've decided on the following hardware...
  30. U

    Performance difference btw 12.6 and 12.10 catalyst drivers x64

    hi all, i just wana know that what is the performance improvement between catalyst 12.6 and 12.10 drivers for mobility radeon hd 4650. i have installed 12.6 official signed drivers from ati. but there are available 12.10 beta modded drivers on some website i saw.. have anybody of you...
  31. S

    Gaming card for latest PC games

    looking for the best gaming card / system to use for the latest PC FPS games which just or are coming out, primarily the new MOH and COD Black Ops II. thanks
  32. V

    Different graphic cards running too hot

    Hi all, First to describe my system: CPU q9550 motherboard ASUS Striker II formula 8 BG ram PSU coolermaster 650 W Casing coolermaster I have 2 brand new graphic cards: GTX 560 and AMD 7850. When I place them in other PC, GTX 560 idles at 34 c (93.2 F), AMD7850 idles at 27 c ( 80.6 F) When...
  33. N

    HD 7870 fans up to 100% - display turns off

    Hi I recently build a gaming computer, but now I'm having some problems with my Sapphire Radeon HD 7870 Ghz edition graphics card. Everything is working just fine, until I start playing a game for example Skyrim. After 5 minutes my screen turns off and my graphics card's fan start spinning up...
  34. P

    Artifact issues with gtx 670 and crysis warhead

    Been trying to run crysis warhead on gamer setting, 1920x1080, 4aa and keep getting extremely bad artifacts. Im just wondering if its just to much for the card to handle or is there something wrong. PC specs bellow: i5 3570K overclocked to 4.3ghz asrock oc formula thermal take water 2.0...
  35. K

    New built computer not booting properly with grahics card

    I recently built a new computer and everything works fine, however once I plug in my graphics card (Gainward GeForce® GTX 460 1024MB "GS") and boot the computer the fans start spinning and I hear the beep for a good start up, but nothing comes up on screen and no interaction with the Hard Drive...
  36. P

    Lagg because low psu?

    Hey, I was wondering what my lagg causes while gaming. On my screen it seems to teleport a bit. I dont think it is because of my internet, I use to have normal ping from 20-50. My graphic doesnt seem to be the problem either I think. Its a Asus HD Radeon 6870. Playing games like smite and world...
  37. G

    Stupid Ebay question?

    Archived from groups: rec.games.pinball (More info?) I've looked for the answer on the Ebay site, but couldn't find it...so here goes: How does a winning bid suddenly show up with a date 5 days before the close of the auction? If this person bid the winning amount 5 days early, wouldn't they...
  38. S

    I don't know which GPU to get?

    Hey, So I am looking to either get ASUS GTX 660ti or MSI GTX 670 Power edition. After hearing about the MSI cards http://www.tomshardware.com/news/MSI-GTX-660-670-overvolting-PowerEdition,18013.html I am a bit worried that if I do get the MSI GTX 670 it will break very soon because what has...
  39. M

    XFX Radeion HD 7950 Question

    Hello TH Forum community.... I want to pick up a Radeon HD 7950 so I headed over to NewEgg and started my search. I really like the look of the XFX line and have heard really good things about their warranty / support. However I ran into a problem that has really caused me to question a few...
  40. Shekhar5

    No anti alising effect HD 6870

    Hello guys, First something about my PC Mobo= Intel DH55TC, Micro-ATX Form Factor, LGA1156 Socket Type, Dual Channel DIMM Memory, PCIe x16 Slots, Generation 1, 2.0. Processor= Intel 3.06 GHz LGA 1156 Core i3-540. RAM= two sticks, total 4 GB. Monitor= LG2041 20 inches with 1600*900...