Direct3D

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Direct3D.
  1. G

    Roxio

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Anybody has problems using Roxio & with SP2 installed?
  2. K

    need help with my display in xp

    Recently the power in my hoouse went out, not for long just a second then it came back. It did however cause my system to crash. Since i didn't know if it was a one time thing or if it would happen again i left it off for a while. When i went back after a bit and booted it up my display was...
  3. builderbobftw

    Eyefinity?

    So I was considering Eyefinity. I would only need 3 moniters, a display port cable thing, and a 58xx seris card right? (Slower cards have trouble with high res) Could I run Eyefinity on 2 48xx cards? Or are 5xxx seris cards the only one that can handle it?
  4. D

    Problems writing to a cd

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, I'm trying to write to a cd and it keeps telling me there is no cd in the drive. i have checked the divice manager and it says it is working properly. I've put in other cds and they work. does anyone have any...
  5. R

    How to tell if my mother board needs replacing

    i am having a problem my system goes on for literally 1 second the front fan turns slightly aswel as the the cpu fan there is a red led and a green led that is constantly on when the power cable is in there is no beeps at all i have read and tried everything on your trouble shooter but still i...
  6. R

    [New build] Help me take $400 off my build

    Hi all, I'm building a pc for uni and I use it mainly for photoshop, illustrator and AutoCAD. I have the following build put together but it's $400 over my budget. I7 3770K 3.4Ghz ASUS P8B75-M Motherboard G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Crossfire 27Q Gigabyte GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB OC...
  7. G

    HELP! i always get logged out of the websites i'm register..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Hello everyone! I had this problem before but before I could get an answer, it resolved by itself probably after I installed an application. Now i'm having the problem again. I'd like to remain logged into websites I visit...
  8. R

    Receiving video files

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) Hi, One of my contacts is trying to send me a video file but windows messenger keeps blocking the transfer, any idea how to stop this. I run XP Service Pack 2. I've tried turning my firewall off but that didn't work. If...
  9. G

    Fax not working

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) When I try to add fax as a windows component in the control panel, I get a prompt for windows xp professional service pack 2 CD-ROM or i386 folder. Service Pack 2 is installed on my pc, I've done a search for the...
  10. M

    What kind of Graphic Card Do You Suggest

    Hello I am new to the graphics world. I am currently in school about to finish with CIS degree. I do not have much time to research due to overload of work. I am looking for the best graphics card that I can get around $150 or less. As of right now I only need it to play blue ray and hd movies...
  11. J

    Floppy Search

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) Everytime when I have used a floppy (and removed it again), my PC is searching for this floppy when I turn off my PC or logoff the current user. Very annoying. With W98SE one could use a setting with the Device Manager to...
  12. S

    Upgrading PC - Need some advice!

    G'day, This seems like the most appropriate place to ask so here goes. I haven't used my PC for gaming in a while (probably 5-6 months) and I just picked up Hitman: Absolution. I tried running the game on ultra but the benchmark struggled through 11-13 fps. Now I'm not expecting it to run...
  13. BoracusGrim

    How to keep these builds cool?

    these are my 2 proposed builds http://pcpartpicker.com/p/EDvE http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Er2Z how will i keep this cool with 3 gpus? any other recommendations are also welcome, though im set on the gpu and cpu selection and #.
  14. G

    LNE100TX - 10/100 LAN Card but only at 10mbps

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Question is, why does XP only allow this card to operate at 10 mpbs when its supposed to be 100? I have contacted Linksys (below is the exchange of questions and answers) and please note it's an XP driver ... Read from...
  15. G

    FS: Perfect MAME XBOX console (128mb memory upgrade)

    Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?) - v1.0 xbox - Stock hard drive with: Latest slayers install (EVOX, misc utils, XBMC - media streaming at its best!) MAME installed GBA emulator installed N64 Emulator installed - Xecuter 2.6 modchip with latest Bios Installed - 128 mb memory...
  16. R

    32'' LCD 1920 x 1080 Problem Low FPS with WOW/Raiding

    I just purchased a new 32'' LG LCD TV 60mhz refresh and 6 ms 1080p. I upgraded to get a bigger picture with a 1980 x 1080 resolution to play World of Warcraft but when I started raiding my FPS was low teens to below 10 causing major video lag. I have 2 Geforce 7800 video cards not run in SLI...
  17. S

    KOTOR2: Wisdom/Charisma/Awareness (minor spoiler)

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg (More info?) I found that these attributes/skills can affect dialogue options. Has anyone found if Wisdom or Charisma helps you get Kreia to stop losing influence everytime you use the force for good? I tried playing DS but most of the things I...
  18. easyspeak

    Can you provide feedback on my build?

    Hello, I am purchasing a prebuilt and would just like feedback from users who have experience with similar builds. Coolermaster Haf 922 Asrock z77 extreme4 Intel i7-3770k stock heatsink HD 7870 2GB 2x4GB G Skill 1600MHz 120GB intel ssd 750 Corsair psu 80+certified crossfire ready 10x LG blu...
  19. G

    Brawner's Farm Scenario for MMG's Bull Run 1861

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.war-historical (More info?) Guys, "Wrangler" has produced the first of many Second Bull Run historical scenarios for Bull Run: Take Command 1861 which the Harper's Ferry Arsenal hopes to create. This is still a beta version, but the Harper's Ferry...
  20. R

    Very odd

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) As I went to plug in my computer from a routine cleanup, I forgot to plug in my power supply connector from the outside and realized this. So as I went to plug it in and boot up, I encountered no video. Everything inside...
  21. BustedSpleen

    What does this mean? Will it still work?

    So the other day I was putting all of my parts together on www.pcpartpicker.com and after putting all the parts on the list I noticed at the top it said "compatible" but with minor issues. So I clicked on minor issues and it said, "ASRock B75 PRO3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard has an onboard USB 3.0...
  22. T

    Repair Raid 5 with one drive failure

    I have a 3tb raid 5 setup with 4-1tb seagate barracuda sata drives. All four drives connect to a raid controller card and configured with silicon image inc. raid configuration utility. Last week one of the drives starting "clicking", and when tested independently has died. The raid drive is...
  23. G

    system resources

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Hello. Where can I read the % of the system resources I'm using? (WinXPSP2, Dell 9200) Thanks. Steffo
  24. B

    Gpu for sketchup 8

    I need to upgrade my gpu ( GeForce GT 430 ) for intensive sketchup use. (pc: i7 2600 3.40, 16Gb, Gt 430, Win 7 pro 64, Sketchup 8 and many probs when i orbit my heavy projects) PS.. sketchup runs openGL thank you all
  25. J

    Best SSD Of 2013, Which is it?

    Hello Can anyone please help me, I need to buy the best ssd drive of 2013 that can drive my computer to the top level of speed & performance. Also it need to be the fastest , most reliable in performance and superior in quality.
  26. M

    [PW!]Awakening

    Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?) Wow, it's been a really long time since I last posted here. So many things have changed! The character I'm using is my old character, but I thought it would be cool to be a little mysterious as to who it is. My handle is new, as I...
  27. G

    Diagnostic software to test computer????

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, is there any third party Diagnostic software for PC to test what's wrong with a computer???? What would be the best one to use???
  28. S

    Raid 0 Storage Space Doubles?

    Stupid question, I have two 1TB hard drives set up as Striped Volumes using Windows 7. Issue: I'm confused. After setting them up as striped volumes, I am seeing a total of 1.81TB of hard drive space for the striped volume. Is that correct? Or should it be 937GB since the hard drives are being...
  29. G

    MSN Messenger 7 Can't Sign In

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) I have tons of trouble with MSN Messenger v7 not being able to sign in. It will try for several minutes and then finally give up. If I pull up Windows Messenger v4.7 it's able to sign in...
  30. Timelord70

    3d glasses and other ?s

    Does ATI cards support or have something like the Nvidia 3d vision kit? My ATI X1900 GT card died and I am looking for a good replacement. I want to get back into playing new games and not want something I need to upgrade in under a year. My MB is Asus A8R32MVP so it support crossfire but I...
  31. G

    lost address book

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) xp pro edition, while attempting to create a password on my administrator account a new administrator account was created and I lost my address book. how can I retrieve it?
  32. G

    [Hero 5th] Strength, Martial Arts, and Campaign Limits

    Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.super-heroes (More info?) All, I'm wondering what other GMs do about campaign limits (if you have any; if not, the question may not apply to you) when it somes to Strength? For example, if there is a campaign limit of 50 active points, and I have a...
  33. A

    How to make hd4870 x2 works on x58i motherboard

    how to make hd4870 x2 works on x58i motherboard
  34. E

    Refresh Rate?

    Having a problem with a new build. Thought I had a simple refresh rate/ sync problem: when running video/ animation I get faint horizontal lines that flicker up and down the screen. I tried messing with the refresh rates accross all resolutions- no help. switched out monitors - no help. bought...
  35. G

    4870 crossfire with 4890

    Is probably a super stupid question but i have heard that under win7 there is a possible hybrid crossfire situation of one 4870 and a 4890 possible??? Please advise. Cheers Chris
  36. G

    How do I...?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I am trying to install new apps on my laptop. I am running XP Pro. I am installing everything as administrator, but do not want to run as admin all the time. Some of the apps I've installed do not show up when I go back...
  37. P

    XP or 2000?

    Archived from groups: alt.os.windows2000,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I am about to set up an old spare machine for someone else. Would it run better with Windows 2000 or Windows XP? Is XP too "heavy" for it? The spec is: AMD Duron (?)...
  38. J

    A cheeky atikmpag.sys bsod problem

    Hello, I have been searching the web for about two days now, trying countless solutions to fix the problem that occured as i got myself this new graphics card XFX HD 7950 3GB , which was replaced from an old HD 5750. Ill try to write down every step that i have gone through so far; 1. As I...