Favorites

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Favorites.
  1. G

    XP home services.msc

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I cannot access serviecs in XP Home-SP2 . Either by typing services.msc or from Administrative Tools, I get the error message: "Your Current Security Settings Prohibit Running ActiveX Controls On this Page. As A...
  2. jon the cpa

    Fully modular PSU and cables

    Hi guys, I recently bought a new case and did some cable management clean-up compared to my old case. However, now the power cable to my CPU won't reach the plug, and so I've decided just to upgrade my PSU to a better one because I'm finding the cables on this one to be a bit difficult to deal...
  3. G

    Ultra LSP-750 Watt gets way to loud. Help?

    Hello, I recently purchased and installed the Ultra LSP-750Watt Power Supply in my system. I went from the Ultra LS 600 to the LSP 750. Everything works as planned, but here is my problem. When ever I load up a game, WoW or even Minecraft. 2 - 5 minutes in, the LSP 750 gets crazy loud! The RPM...
  4. jon the cpa

    Cases with insertable hard drive bays in front

    I am looking for a case with insertable hard drive bays in the front, like the Corsair Obsidian. Are there any viable options in the mid-tower category?
  5. valp

    CPU and socket upgrade suggestions

    Hello there, recently I've been thinking a lot about doing an upgrade to my system. Right now I have a Athlon II X3 450 and a simple AM3 motherboard. So, at first I'm thinking about two paths to follow, and I'd like to retrieve your comments about them: 1) Stick to AMD -> Buying a decent AM3+...
  6. H

    Should I RMA this power supply?

    I have put together the newegg AMD Vision SuperCombo (Athlon II X2 245) that I bought and it has been good so far. The only concern other than I can't unlock my 245 is the power supply. Here are the average readings: CPU core: 1.39V +3.3V: 3.33V +12V: 12.80V +5V standby: 6.83V VSAT battery...
  7. G

    Unable to route a fax in e-mail

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hi, I've a problem with my Windows Fax. I've setting my Fax to route incoming faxes to a mailbox using my Smtp and works without problem. 2 days ago I've change my modem fax and now the routing can't works. In event viewer...
  8. Lord Tumnas

    Arctic accelero twin turbo II

    hey guys, currently i have my TT2 hooked up to the 12v option on the molex adapter, leaving the 7 volt option empty, it is possible to connect both, would this reverse the current and fry my PSU or the fans by any chance? thanks LordTumnas
  9. bdcrlsn

    Which cooler for FX-8320?

    I am building my new system that will have an FX-8320 or 8350. I have 2 coolers in mind as I will be overclocking and I want it to be quiet as well as I'm putting it all into an Antec P280 quiet case. I am trying to decide between the Corsair H100i or the Prolimatech Megahalems. I have done...
  10. L

    Headphones not exactly "working" on frontal panel only.

    Just today I came back home and started using the PC. I plugged my headphones like normal (Phillips SHP2700) on the frontal panel, but then noticed something weird. When I tried to watch a Youtube video, the audio was even barely audible, and of what I could hear, several sounds were "missing"...
  11. G

    program kept minimizing itself

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I have been trying to run a game which after started, kept minimizing itself to the taskbar. When I click it to bring it up, it automatically minimizes again. What gives?
  12. S

    SYSTEM 32 PROBLEM

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) WHY DOES MY SYSTEM 32 FOLDER OPEN AUTOMATICALLY EVERY TIME I REBOOT MY COMPUTER? IS THERE A SETTING SOMEWHERE? THANKS. -- Scott
  13. G

    Urgens! Not responding

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Please help me. I have moved my laptop from my office environment and try to start it up. Windows xp starts normally,I can log on normally. But there are no access to any applications or to control panel etc...
  14. S

    msxml4.manifest

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) My Encarta 2004 isn't working, so, I went to repair/uninstall/re-install it. All attempts resulted in an error with the file msxml4.manifest not being accessible. I couldn't delete it, rename it, copy over it, or...
  15. D

    WIN XP-SHOULD I SWITCH

    presently I have Win ME and so far has been ok but has had its up/downs..matter of fact I have to leave PC on, Monitor off in fear of coming up with HD errors...anyhoo, have been pondering to make the switch to XP but have been hearing some real HORROR stories about problems with it, especially...
  16. F

    Help with memory

    im trying to start my 1st build and i am curious about a description i saw on new egg about CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) ram. it said DDR3 for AMD, Intel Dual processors and 2nd Generation Intel Core Processor platforms. i was wondering would a intel i5 3570k cpu be compatible with this ram...
  17. G

    7 connections but only 4 ports

    Hello, We are trying to figure out how to configure our system. We have two desktops with direct connections to a wireless router, one laptop that connects wirelessly and then hear comes the problems...the router sits upstairs and we want to hook up a Apple TV, blue ray player, blue ray TV, and...
  18. W

    1155 Socket getting outdated and won't upgrade to nextgen intel chips?

    Hey Guys, I showed a friend a motherboard I wanted that had a 1155 socket and he said to wait for the 1150 socket instead as the 1155 was being outdated and the newer Intel chips for next gen, and the gen after that, wouldn't be able to support the 1155. Please advise! Thank you.
  19. M

    help: shortcuts

    hi, is there a keyboard shortcut for saving pictures from the net? (Instead of right-clicking and pressing Save Picture As...) thanx ------------------------------------------------- Athlon64 Newcastle, 2800+, 640KB Cache, 1800 MHz MSI K8M Neo-V, VIA K8M800 + 8237 chipset Sapphire Atlantis...
  20. G

    Limited Access To Internet Tool Options

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Lately, when trying to open my internet tool options for IE, I get a message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am able to...
  21. G

    Sudden Strange behavior in XP

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I am running XP Home. For some mysterious reason, Windows and most applications now have entire fields and areas of the screen that are blank. For example, when I click start, the window which normally has...
  22. A

    file object address

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.development.device.drivers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?) Can I rely on the file object address in my file system filter driver during all the life-time of the object? In other words, is file object can be found at the same...
  23. G

    Bluetooth Mouse on Compaq Presario Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi all, I'm having problems with my Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse Explorer for Bluetooth. I will try to provide as much detail as possible in the hopes you can help me solve my problems. I am *not* using the Microsoft...
  24. G

    (Yet) More Capture problems using XP and SP2

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I used to do a lot of capturing but have done none since installing SP2. I have the TI IEEE1394 card recognised in Device Manager, and when I turn on my camera (powered from the cable, not batteries) XP Pings as if it...
  25. G

    Does installing files for Asian language require original ..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Please excuse me for asking a naive question: does installing files for Asian language require the original Windows XP CD? The reason I am asking is...
  26. M

    Computer keeps turning on and off

    Hi i bought this gaming computer for my son and the first day we had it it worked good but kept turning off by itself, so the man that built it said i need a new power cord he put that in, we went home and it started again going off by itself. But this time it wouldnt come on anymore, took it...
  27. L

    Need help choosing!

    Hey guys, I need a motherboard for my new gaming build and I've narrowed it down to two: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130643 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128545 Which one would be better? Any other suggestions? Thanks!!!
  28. U

    Sennheiser HD 518 or 449?

    Hey guyz, off to upgrading from sennheiser HD202, and am looking at these two headsets.. For 50% gaming, 50% music.. I prefer compact bass and punchy beats.. Am no audiophile.. just increased my budget for good listening. Plz compare these two. PS: I have ASUS XONAR DG 5.1 Sound Card..
  29. T

    Bad RAM or Bad Motherboard

    I have just purchased some new components for my computer: CPU: Intel core i7 3770k MOBO: ASRock Extreme 6/TB4 RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 16GB (4x4GB) Older components include: PSU: Corsair 650W HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7500 320GB GPU: GeForce GTX 560ti Now, I have a fresh install of...
  30. M

    [New Build] Total Newbie - Thanks in advance

    Hello everyone! Total newbie on this forum (although I have read some posts already). I am working on a cheap gaming setup. Setup would be around 400$ or less. Intended for gaming only that will last for like 2-3 years. I would like to run games smoothly at recommended specs. I have a list...
  31. G

    XP SP2, VPN and Exchange connections ...

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) After deploying XP SP2 to all VPN users - they are no longer able to connect to the Exchange server through VPN. It tries and tries and tries with no success. They are able to ping the server - but Outlook never...
  32. G

    "Start" has gone black

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Had to re-install XP and now the "start" in the Start Button is dark, dark grey and out of focus. It still works but is this indicative of a more pressing problem? Thanks.
  33. G

    Service Pack 2 and AOL Broadband

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I have AOL Broadband and when I installed SP2 on my system the connection of my lan to my dsl router became little or no connectivity. It says that it cannot renew my ip addres, what can i do to solve this problem.
  34. J

    Micro-Star Motherboard Does Not interact with disks

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) I have recently upgraded to a micro-star ms-6734 motherboard, and after the system POSTs I get the 'how would you like to start windows' screen, which lets you choose whether to start in safe mode etc. Then whatever I...
  35. G

    Dual booting Linux and XP2

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I have Linux Mandrake on one disk and Windows XP2 on another. I would like to put them both on one disk so I don't have to go into the computer and switch the cables when I want to switch systems. Can anyone help...
  36. T

    Building a High End i7 Ivy Bridge PC ($2500)

    All, After running a 15" Mac Book Pro (fully loaded) for the last couple of years, I've decided to build a new PC that will be my main computer. The main use of the PC will be heavy photo editing, video editing, software development and medium gaming usage. I've set a budget of $2500. Here...
  37. H

    Power Supplies

    Hi guys. Can you tell me a couple of good power supplies for my Galaxy 560 ti? I was confused about the PCI-Express Connectors. Thanks!
  38. P

    New Gaming Build

    Hello, I am looking to upgrade my gaming PC (mostly MMO type games) on which I also do a little programming (Visual Studio 2010 & 2012). I'm wondering if the parts I have picked out below are good enough for a $1000 or less budget or are there areas where I can get a better bang for my buck? I...
  39. C

    My new (first) build. Approve

    Hey, i need a new PC. I will have mainly basic use, but sometimes I will try out some gaming (the reason for this mid-class video card) I searched for parts on my own, and this is the result: CPU: intel core i5 3470 3,2 GHz Mainboard: Asrock Z77 PRO 3 or Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H (the Gigabyte for my...
  40. G

    Water Creature

    Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life (More info?) Hi In the trailers for HL2 there was a scene where a soldier got speared by something which looked as though it was made of water. Finished HL2 and never saw it. Was this dropped or did I miss something ? Or will it make the expansion...