Fax

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Fax.
  1. G

    XP Home - Changing the name of user accounts and admin acc..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Equipment: Dell Dimension 8200 Windows XP Home Edition Problem: My sister-in-law's husband recently passed away, he was the one who looked after configuring their computer and installing software. He...
  2. G

    xp start up

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I have installed a second hard drive with a different operating System. Everything works fine except that when I start up, the computer asks which version of windows I want. The version which I installed last is...
  3. F

    How much faster would a bigger HD be?

    Hello, I really need a 500GB HD. I am thinking of getting a much larger one expecting it to be faster. Assuming I never use more than 500 GB, how much faster would a 1 TB, 2 TB, or even 3 TB drive be?
  4. G

    Game Compatibility

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?) Hi. I am having horrible problems getting pretty much all of my Windows 95 games to work on Windows XP Pro. I run the Compatiliblity Wizard to try and fix it but it never works. I try to run it with Windows 95...
  5. G

    Registry Error Warning

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I recently installed a new hard drive as a new boot drive and moved everything from the old boot drive to the new one. Everything works fine except that I get a warning dialog box that says Registry Error when I boot the...
  6. T

    Email address, password problem

    Hello Everybody, I need a freeware tool to show me all my usernames, email addresses and passwords. I take participation in a lot of blogs, websites, forums, social networks and social bookmarking websites. I don't remember all usernames and passwords.. now i want to have them all in a list. I...
  7. R

    HELP Cant download new program using xp

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Am trying to download "Simply Budgets" on XP. Requirements of program are Windows 95 or above. Cant seem to do. following error message C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running...
  8. G

    Missing DLL

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) when we bootup, we receive an error message in a RUNDLL32.EXE window that UCMSAIE.DLL is missing ?? where is it, brad
  9. G

    Corrupt MPEGs

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I recently got a new PC, and transferred all my stuff via DVD+RW. Now I've found that four video files (3 MPEGs and one AVI) cannot be read on my new PC. These are files which I had no problems reading on my old PC. In one...
  10. C

    EFS AND SIDs

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hi All, Does anyone know if Win XP Pro uses a users SID when creating a digital certificate to use with EFS. Thanks in advance. Chris
  11. G

    Adding and Modifying User Accounts

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) I'm having trouble adding a new user account to my Windows XP machine on an IBM ThinkPad. From my administrator account, if I go through the control panel the User Accounts file does not appear in the file list, but...
  12. A

    Which one is better windows to play modern games?

    I am using g41 platform with 2gb ram, with 512mb graphics card(8400gs).... i have win7 and win xp sp3... plz suggest me the better one to play current games.
  13. M

    Problem with HD 5970 and anti-aliasing

    Hello, first thread started/question asked, so fingers crossed :) Simply put, in any game I play all the 'edges of objects,' (straight lines) seem jagged, and when I move my character they move like a chainsaw :o It's as if the anti-aliasing isn't just disabled, but creating uber-aliasing...
  14. T

    Some question migrating to SSD.

    Heyas, I purchased an Intel 335 240GB drive which should arrived soon and I had a some questions before migrating. The goal of the SSD is to run with the following roles; OS/programs/games. - The previous HDD setup for my OS/programs/games was a RAID1 with 2x500GB. I was planning on ghosting...
  15. A

    Poor GTX 670 Overclocking

    I've been overclocking my MSI GTX 670 PE OC and the results are pretty disappointing. My question is, is it because of the lottery or did I just get a bad card? Thanks
  16. G

    MS windows debugger

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) How do I get the program to run ,after I have applied the specified file path in the "symbols" application? Thank you....
  17. G

    USB and CD/DVD printer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Printer driver is not loaded. Computer thinks it is. Can plug and unplug USB cable and sounds of recognition are noted. After I turn off the computer, unplug the printer device, and plug in USB after computer is running...
  18. C

    Turning on the bluetooth of easynote tj65

    my easy note tj65 has an icon for a bluetooth but everytime i open it in the control panel its empty, i can not turn it on please help
  19. M

    Reinstalling windows and hdd not detected during installation

    Just today, I decided to reset the BIOS to default settings by resetting the CMOS. I used a metal screwdriver to touch the two cmos pins on the motherboard. The problem is, the computer WAS turned off BUT I forgot to pull the plug out of the power supply before resetting the cmos which is what...
  20. D

    Graphic Cards for around $200 (Aus)

    Hey there, Building my first computer (from scratch) was wondering if the Gigabyte RADEON HD 7870 OC 2GB for $250 is good for gaming and if there's any better cards out there for same or cheaper price
  21. G

    Can´t send fax from Win XP fax (with dial 0 to get a outsi..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hello, when sending it starts to dialing then replys with a message saying the "line is busy". What could be wrong? I'm working with a (new) laptop where I must dial 0 to access an outside line. My modem is Intel...
  22. G

    solution to remote copy/paste problem?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) Is there a "proper" Windows XP fix for the remote copy/paste issue described in the "copy/paste not working" thread of Nov 18, other than the workaround I came up with (running clipbrd.exe in background on host)? I...
  23. G

    picture tasks missing

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) hi,all of a sudden my picture tasks on the left of the screen has gone-so i can no longer view my pics as a slideshow,the pictures are still there but not the picture tasks-please help roger.
  24. G

    Remote Desktop on to a W2K Box Question plz

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?) Hello Folks, I have a very simple question, maybe>>> I am sitting at a windows XP Pro PC trying to connect via Remote Desktop on to a W2K Server Box. The fire wall peeps have asured me that Port 3389 TCP is open. I...
  25. G

    Looking for WMV Converter

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I have created several movies with Windows Movie Maker. I now have a new computer with a DVD writer so i am ready to burn my movies to DVD so I can watch them on my TV. I don't know how to do this. Can someone help Please!
  26. G

    Movie Maker 2 - Movie File Size and Quality

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) When saving a moving file, selecting the 2.1mbps tells me my movie file will be 377 megs, but after is all saved as a .wmv file, it is only 28 megs. Wny the difference. THe movie is composed of over 200 still images that...
  27. P

    How can i get rid of s-static ak facebook????

    How can I get rid of s-static ak facebook???? I tried in help section but it didn't work or may be I don't know d procedures. Pls sort this problem asap. Thanx.
  28. C

    Win XP Backup Utility

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) When "Backing up all the information on this computer" to an external hard drive the existing information on the hard drive is also backed up. Is there a way to prevent this?
  29. C

    WTS Assassin's Creed III for PC -- $35

    I bought a new gfx card, and ACIII came with it. I don't play it, so the serial has never been used. Asking $35, prefer PayPal. I'll scan+email the code as soon as payment is received, and send the actual card by mail. I have more iTrader feedback on another forum. Please PM me or text 909-713-4497
  30. G

    extensions

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) I want to show what kind of extension to each file. I have been to Tools-Folder Options-File Types-Advanced and checked box "Always show extension" but files still just show name without extension - advice please...
  31. G

    Registry scrubber?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) XP Pro Sp1, A while ago, I had a serious virus infection. My IE was messed up with all sorts of BHO, diallers and everything else. I managed to manually remove most of them, but the damage was not worth the hassle, so I...
  32. K

    wavey scroll

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Have been having some problems. I reformated my machine and to clear them up, but no luck. I am running windows xp home. When I am on the internet or even just working off line, when I use the scroll bar at...
  33. G

    Is messenger Req'd?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) Do i need to be logged in to surf easily? It seems that if I'm not, I get an abundance of "Cannot Find Server" errors. Once i log in, however, they go away. I don't like startups that aren't necessary, so I'd like to...
  34. G

    Trojan horse quanrantined but still causing problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I recently posted a question about my "unresponsive mouse and keypad" and received a reply from Denmarks - thank you - that it could be due to memory overload. This all started when I had a Trojan horse, which I...
  35. H

    vdroop

    Hello I set 1.2375 V in bios on my gigabytes p 35 ds3l board with Q6600. It is running perfectly stable at 2.8 on stock cooling. But, in cpuz it shows 1.184 V. I think i am going for 3.2 because the chip is running cool. But, i need to raise the voltage because it is not stable beyond 2.8. I...
  36. B

    EVGA Policy (for GTX 670 4gb)

    Hello, I bought a GTX 670 SC 4gb with the backplate because i thought 4GB could be "future proof", but then i realised the resolution i was playing on and then i felt cheated. the Fan is like a rocket ship and the card is soo noisy, i payed more than a FTW price (2gb which i am ok with), and i...
  37. G

    Network Adapter-Failed

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have a new Dell Dimension 4600i computer(Microsoft XP Windows Home edt.) and AOL as my ISP. 2 days ago I was trying to connect to my Online Bank Account and was kicked off. I ran a network diagnosis and here is the...
  38. G

    MSN Videos wont play

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Win XP Pro SP2 up to date. When clicking on videos on msn.com home page a screen shows but videos don't play. When opening the link in Firefox it shows page with info to d/l and install IE 6.0, flashplayer and MSN...
  39. B

    PC Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) This is going to be long winded, so sorry for the lengthy read. I am having some issues with my PC, first off I changed my drive from FAT32 to NTSF. After the change, which I hadn't noticed for a while, my system...
  40. WAWMarine127

    Dedicating ram to the onboard graphics

    ok so heres my situation. i have a 6 year old laptop with and integrated graphics (mobile intel(R) 965 Chipset Familly) it has 358 mb of graphics memory cause i have 4gigs of ram. i hardly ever get up to using 2 gigs. And the clock speed of the thing says its 500MHz. so i was wondering if there...