File Format

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with File Format.
  1. George Lazu

    What PSU wattage should i choose?

    Hey, i want to buy the following system: Motherboard: ASRock 990FX Extreme3 CPU: FX-8350 4.0GHZ GPU: GTX 750ti RAM: 8GB [two 4GB sticks], 1600MHz HDD: One 3.5" 500GB [7200RPM], and one 2.5" 170GB [7200RPM] (And none of those are ssd.) Fans: 1 120mm fan and 1 80mm [led] fan. A PSU calculator...
  2. G

    My first PC.

    I'm 15 and I'm going to school in 2 weeks and I need something new for my gaming needs because my laptop is acting "funny". I've never build my own PC before. Is this -> ( http://pcpartpicker.com/p/7K3kHx ) a good build? Do you guys have a better build? if so please list the parts (pcpartpicker...
  3. Phaseonedsm

    Problems with a GTX 690

    I just bought a new motherboard a Sabertooth R2 and it works great from what i can tell. I also bought a GTX 690. I used to have a MATX board but as you can guess the overclocking wasn't great so i bought the Sabertooth R2 for better OC. Then i also had a GTX 770 4GB but i wanted something...
  4. E

    Gaming pc $1500

    I want to create a gaming pc for $1500 that includes a cd rom, 144hz monitor, and z97 motherboard. I will be using it for mostly gaming and some school work. If you have to go a little over 1500 dollars that is fine. Thanks and I appreciate your ideas. :D
  5. G

    Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290 idling at 52C

    I just got a Sapphire Vapor-X R9 290 and it's idling at 51-52C. That seems a little absurdly high to me...does anyone have any ideas what could be causing it? As I understand it Vapor-X models are supposed to be cooler, not this much warmer...I thought it might be because I have my monitor at...
  6. X

    Overclocking stress tests?

    Hello! I just did some oc:ing (R9 290). I raised the core clock from 947MHz to 1103MHz, and the memory clock is raised from 1250MHz to 1501MHz. I ran Heaven benchmark one round and it finished it without any issues and displayed my score. How much should I stress test this gpu? How much is...
  7. T

    Desktop icons, taskbar disappear during idle time, no acess to task bar.

    I am running Windows 7 Home. Since I loaded it last year, my computer seems to shut down frequently during idle times on occasion. I will have no desktop icons and no task bar. I can't load the task manager. It goes to a dark, almost black screen. I have to do a hard boot on the computer and...
  8. K

    Solution for heat

    Hello all. I have Pentium 4 Galaxy geforce 210 3 gb 566mhz ram Old d945gnt mobo My brother by mistake bought a small size cabinet which is wrong for mobo.Somehow we fixed it but temps are soaring. It is very fragile and even surfing on Chrome gives out a whine. What can i do to reducxe temps...
  9. T

    question about laptop with damaged screen (asus x551c); external monitor connection

    Hello community, I have a question about a laptop that I got hold of which has a damaged screen. I want to be able to use this laptop as a home server (for its low power consumption) and I need to get video out of it. In short, the monitor powers up when I power on the laptop, but the video is...
  10. L

    will the HIS radeon 7750 graphic card fit in dell 660s

    will a HIS 7750 low profile fit my computer or is the sapphire 7750 the only card that will fit in my dell 660s
  11. G

    locked out gateway

    When I log in to my gateway computer it won't let me all it says is " The User Profile Service service failed the login. User Profile cannot be loaded. I tried rebooting but don't work not even sure I'm doing that right. Even took battery out n nothing, please help.
  12. A

    How to install bluetooth in windows 7

    Hello, how to install bluetooth in windows 7
  13. lhgpoobaa

    UDMA-4 The missing UDMA.

    Every wondered about the UDMA naming convention? You may have noticed upon bootup your devices are given a UDMA/ATA number Thus: ata-33 = UDMA 2 ata-66 = UDMA 4 ata-100 = UDMA 5 ata-133 = UDMA 6 But what happened to UDMA 3? A while back reading some obscure history of IDE/ATA/UDMA i came upon...
  14. G

    IBM DTLA 30 G Idle Noise Please advise

    Hi Everyone. I just purchased a OEM IBM DTLA 30g 7200 Rpm Drive Its the same drive as the 75gxp only OEM. I find this drive to be very fast and quiet EXCEPT for every 30-60 seconds it makes this whistle/whooshing noise. This as far as I can tell only happens when the drive is idling such as at...
  15. vis2110

    Which Graphic Card I choose

    Hii Friends I Confused About Graphic card So Help me to Solve My Question :( :( My System Configuration Intel Pentium Dual Core - E5500 2.8 GHz Asus P5G41C-M-LX Mother Board 500 GB HDD 4 GB RAM My Budget Is 200$
  16. P

    Internet connection piggybacking

    Ok, I have a wireless internet connection on my laptop at home. It has Vista and I am trying to connect an older laptop to it via ethernet in order to supply internet connection to the older XP Prowhich has .... to share internet connection. Now in the Network and Sharing Center. It shows my...
  17. N

    Using CDRW as floppy

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Hi, Is there a way to use a CDRW as a floppy, meaning that one could edit files directly on the CD? I am using Win XP SP2, and so far, every time I write to the CD it makes them Read Only on the CD. Also, is there a way to...
  18. J

    How can i make my fan control work?

    Hi Guys, I just builded my new first pc and he works almost perfect. I have an Xpredator x1 case with the two standard fans in the front and back and i added 3 more on the side and top. The thing is, they blow at full speed. I know i can controll them with a program like speedfan, but i would...
  19. H

    Black DualShock 3 Wireless Bluetooth SIXAXIS Controller with Sony Logo

    uugamestore.com the Sixaxis Controller and the Dualshock 3 Controller - The Sixaxis follows the same design of previous PS controllers but adds motion control function. The Dualshock 3 is similar to the Sixaxis but adds a vibration function - Just choose the one you need and favor. Features...
  20. G

    Best motherbord for i5

    Im looking for a desent gaming pc , without going cracy on price . So i was sinking on a i5 prossesor and a decent grafics card ! Wath schould i get ?
  21. M

    How to limit other users ability to install things.

    My new desktop will be coming on WED and I will be giving this Laptop to my sister and mother to use. I bought it in 2009, loaded with Windows 7 and it still runs like a dream perfect for what they would use it for. I was wondering what kind of precautions can I take to limit their ability to...
  22. G

    oe won't start

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) OE won't start -- "...MSOE.DLL could not be initialized." I had previoulsy changed the default program location from C:\Program Files to D:\Program Files after the initial setup of a Dell system. I used BootIT NG to add a...
  23. G

    Remove items from startup

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hi ! How do I remove items from the start-up menu. eg. start/run/msconfig startup I have a lot of them that are not in use ( not X'ed ) They are just taking up space. Been going through " Windows Startup Online Repository...
  24. J

    Compare ati radeon 5450 to nvidia geforce gt 630

    Hello, I currently have the ATI Radeon 5450 graphics card on my comp, but I've been having issues with graphics when playing my Sims 2 game. So I've purchased the nvidia Geforce GT 630 in hopes of boosting my graphics. Which is better? And will I be able to switch them out w/o too much...
  25. P

    Can U upgrade a WEP Wireless card to WPA?

    My Portege R100 has an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless LAN 2100 3B Mini PCI Adapter which is only configurable for WEP. Can anyone tell me if I can upgrade it so that it's configurable for WPA/WPA2, please? Thanks. Phil
  26. R

    W2K System Unable to Access SC CD's

    Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?) Here's the problem as best I understand it: A friend is running a W2K Pro system on which he plays SC:BW through BattleNet. He has been doing so with no problem for the past year. Recently, another friend of his installed some game...
  27. G

    Adminpak for 2003 will not install

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) I have XP sp2 and had the Adminpak loaded but the dial-up tab was not showing. I tried to reinstall the adminpak but it first unistalled itself. Now when I try to reinstall the 2003 Adminpak it pops up that "Setup...
  28. G

    USB to RS232

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have an HP Pavilion 5300 running Windows XP SP2 with no RS-232 Serial ports. I have purchased 2 different manufactures USB to RS-232 cables and haven't fouund the trick to make them work correctly. I'm interfacing to...
  29. B

    hard drive access

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I have removable hard drives, when i replace my alt. d drive it tells me access denied when ever i try to move a file, whats up, any help would be appreciated, i'm lost bill
  30. E

    What to upgrade

    Had this computer built 3 years ago don't know what to upgrade Currently whats in it i7 quad core 2.97 ghz 4gb ddr3 ram Atx asus p7p55d Gtx460 1gb pci-e Win 7 64 bit home I'm currently thinking to upgrade to 8gb since i read thats all i will ever need for gaming. I use the game to just play...
  31. P

    Audigy 2 - weird voice problem.

    Hi. I was not sure where to post this problem, but as it happens in several pieces of software, I figured out it should be in a hardware forum. Well then, I have a P3@1GHz and 512Mb SDRAM, QDI Advance 10T mobo, Audigy 2 sound card and a Hercules Prophet Radeon 9600 Pro VGA. My problem is...
  32. G

    Finally an Um Rune

    Archived from groups: alt.games.diablo2 (More info?) I was running around nightmare questing as i was and was moving through Act IV with quite a bit of ease to my surprise. I finally found my way down to the River of Flame allowing me to move through there quickly to the Hellforge. Killing...
  33. L

    question about L1 bridges

    i have read about closing L1 bridges, and also saw it on toms hardware when they were building the pc. I dont understand why this is done though. Does the cpu work without closing the L1 bridges?? Why is this done? Can someone tell me a little more about this. I just purchased a AMD 1.2 i dont...
  34. T

    black screen after changing resolution

    Hi, :) My 15" AOC monitor went black after I increased the screen resolution. (The screen immediately went black.) I restarted -- I can hear the winxp startup tune, but the screen remained black. I've tried safe mode and "use last good configuration" but the same thing happens -- I hear the...
  35. G

    spyware?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hello I juust cleaned out cooleabsearch spyware out of my computer but I still have one problem. I can finallyreset my home page to yahoo. However the yahoo page I get isn't updated. what I mean to say is the time...
  36. E

    MAJOR problem trying to boot.

    Hello, first off I'd like to thank you for taking the time to help me. Now then, I have this major issue with windows 7. I have never had Linux installed on this machine, EVER. This problem has nothing to do with linux. Earlier today, I accidentally deleted a windows file called wedaolu. (I have...
  37. G

    Error when booting computer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) I receive two error messages when I boot my windows 2000 computer. These started after a power outage. The first one says your resistry size is too small increase registry so that windows cane function properly. The second...
  38. J

    ZoneAlarm help needed

    I installed ZoneAlarm (version 2 Pro), a bunch of things ask for excess I said yes to all, accept for messenger. It ask if I wanted to update, so I did. Pretty much after that I been lock out of the Internet. When I uninstall and reinstall ZoneAlarm, it recognizes the previous setting, even...
  39. G

    I can not print in ts with Xerox WC M15

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client (More info?) I have a windows 2000 server with terminal server , the clients have a XEROX WC M15 printer installed locally, in the sesion their can print the tes page but their can not print from any aplication in the...
  40. N

    Acer desktop drivers free download for xp

    Hello, download