Function Keys

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Function Keys.
  1. A

    What colour should i choose for my sleeved cables

    I have a green/black h440. I am planning to have custom water loop but now i want to have custom sleeved cables but im not sure what colour should i use in the build. I am planning to buy one of these, these were only released today and they are relatively cheaper...
  2. G

    Overclocking FX 6100 For Dolphin Emulator

    Recently I found out my cpu isn't powerful enough for the dolphin emulator to play super smash brothers melee online through netplay. I want to overclock at least to 3.7 - 3.9ghz to increase my performance and was wondering if that's possible given I have a lower end motherboard. I've seen...
  3. T

    Graphics Driver Emergency

    I need help immediately with a graphics driver issue. My windows xp will not let me install any graphics drivers. It tells me when I get to them that I do not meet the minimum requirements to install this software. I need help immediately if you can. You can P.M me at ***no email***(OPTIONAL)
  4. V

    HDD failure on boot

    I recently built a pc and everything seems to be working okay but my wd 7200rpm 2 tb black just sparked on first time startup. I can see where it burnt. My psu is a corsair ax860 and the hdd is running on its own cable. I have an ssd samsung 120 that is running its own cable and the dvd player...
  5. J

    What GPU is this?

    I got my friends computer to fix a few things he screwed up and after fixing I wanted to see the pc specs and it had Model: Optiplex 980 Processor: Intel (R) Core i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20 Ghz, 2 core, 4 threads Ram: 4 Gb DDR3 Hdd: 250 Gb SATA @7200rpm Graphics: Intel HD Graphics (Core i5) 64 mb-1696...
  6. A

    4GB RAM not recognized untill another 2GB RAM is added.

    My laptop is HP Pavillion dv4-2126tx. It came with a 2GB RAM(DDR3). It runs Win7 Ultimate 32bit. I know that my OS supports only upto 4GB. So i fitted a single 4GB(DDR3) ram in socket#1. But my PC dint startup and showed MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD. Then i tried fitting the old 2GB stick additionally...
  7. The_Freeman

    Need a good pair of cheap in-ear headphones

    Hello Internet. Im looking for some new headphones a bit like these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-SHE6000-10-In-Headphones/dp/B002KK60UC/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top. I was just wondering if there anything like them (Surround Sound is not necessary) for under £20. (sorry if I put this in the...
  8. D

    Card won't detect DVI-D

    I got a monitor from a reuse shop that was working and in great condition and took a DVI or VGA (came with the cable). When I brought it home and connected it to my computer, it only showed up on the VGA monitor. I figured it needed to be on Display port (I don't have a converter at the moment)...
  9. A

    Is the Antec BP430W enough?

    So my build is CPU: i3-4130 Mobo: MSI H81M-E33 GPU: Palit GTX 750Ti Dual RAM: Kingston Hyper X Blu 1600MHZ HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Blue ODD: Liteon IHAS-524 PSU: Antec BP430W Is the Antec BP430W enough to power up this build? Thanks
  10. D

    I'm setting up my first pc in a few years.

    I'm setting up my first pc in a few years and was just wanting to check and see if this hardware was all compatible, also, I am open to suggestions. http://m.newegg.com/Product?itemNumber=N82E16811129042 http://m.newegg.com/Product?itemNumber=N82E16817139006...
  11. F

    Operating with windows 7

    I am trying fix my grandson computer, the windows 7 is showing a f300 error it keep showing and it just up loads but then shuts down. I have to clean the registry?
  12. J

    Higher idle temperature with newest drivers (AMD)

    Hi, I recently updated my AMD video drivers to version 13.12 Catalyst from 13.9. My video card is the Sapphire Radeon 7950 Dual-X version that is factory over-clocked. Anyways, the temperature now idles around 40 degrees Celsius, and before would idle around 30 degrees on the older drivers...
  13. 7

    Does size matter??

    :) I purchased two 1 GB ram sticks at Office Depot to replace the old ram in my moms 2006 dell E310. The new ones are made by Kingston--DDR2 PC2-5300 667MHz. The actual width of the sticks is different (smaller) and I didn't feel the 'click' when I installed them. I am always afraid I will...
  14. M

    is this PSU enough to run my gtx 660 ?

    PSU: PSU: intex 450 Watt(power supply smart it 2045 s+ 450watt 20+ 4pin in; 3 HDD;1 FDD;1 Fan AC Input: 220V 50Hz 5A DC Output: +3.3V:30A+5V:29A+12V:18A -12V:0.5A +5VSB:2A) MOBO:MSI G31M3 V 2 id:7529
  15. J

    what graphics card to buy, will it fit in my motherboard and do i need to upgrade psu?

    My pc specs: CPU : Amd FX(tm) 6100 six-core preccessor 3.3 ghz RAM : 8Gb Graphics Card : AMD Radeon 6670 2gb graphics card PSU : Win power+plus 550w Motherboard: gigabyte 78lmt s2p I want to upgrade my graphics card to a decent good one that would be able to run bf4 smoothly, i was going to go...
  16. kcammie

    Network Setup to include all CAT5 Ports Live

    Hi All, I'm very new to this website and like all forums, you should immediately research past posts in which I did. I saw some answers and some questions I have may need a more robust explanation. I currently have five CAT5 ethernet ports throughout my house. The problem is all but one of...
  17. G

    desktop,themes tabs Missing

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) well yesterday while i was using my pc...suddenly the desktop wallpaper changes to some blue coloured notice...it says something about my system is infected by virus,spyware and trojans.I also realised that my when...
  18. G

    Switch off windows messages

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Hi all, how can I switch off the messages appering in the lower right corner (couldn't connect network drive, no network connection etc.) of windows XP? Thanks Steffen
  19. baddad

    What happened to the Acer 27" 3d monitor?

    What happened to the Acer 27" 3d monitor? It was on neweggs site for about a month and then it was gone, in fact it's not even on acer's site. Does anyone know the story behind this.
  20. F

    Bing or Google not responding

    Every link I would try to go to in google redirected me to some advertisement websites and such... I got malwarebytes and scanned computer (friend suggested using it) after scan google and bing search engines have not been loading on my computer using Firefox or Chrome... how should I go about...
  21. D

    hey... pls help me,i think its a virus!!!

    this is how it started.....i got some videos and audio files from my friend... in his machine there was a problem..but i didnt took it so serious..this was the problem..when ever i opened his internet explorer, on top of his windows bar appears as "MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER- HACKED BY VJ" when...
  22. G

    ADSL D-Link 2640U NOT RESETING

    Hello, I have a wireless ADSL, D-Link 2640U. I was doing some configuration on it and immediately the control panel disappeared. I am trying to log in it is refusing. I have try to reset, it is not resetting. Network is working, but no internet because I have not yet configured it for the...
  23. G

    Problem with internet connection,can not activate web brow..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I am not able to open eny web page or start any other IM program other then Xfire, which is a bit pecuilar, I can go to web pages if I activate a link on Xfire IM's program, and then select any other web page...
  24. Q

    CPU IDLE Temp

    Hi Guys My i7 process has fitted a Zalman CNPS9900 LED Heatsink. The CPU IDLE temp in the BIOS were 48 degrees. Can you please confirm if this is something i should worry about? Would you expect the IDLE temp with a Zalman CNPS9900 LED Heatsink to be much lower? Any help would be...
  25. F

    2Wire 171HG with Cable modem

    hey guys, I have a quick question.... I have a 2Wire 171HG Gateway router.... can I hook it up with my Timewarner Cable and use it as a router?.. if so can someone please show how to do it?.. regards, fbram
  26. W

    Missing parts for a Frio OCK

    Hello, i didn't take it into consideration when i had someone order me an open box Frio OCk cpu cooler. of course, i'm missing mounting parts. unfortunately, when i called thermaltake, they were asking me for part numbers that they didn't even have on the paperwork that came with paperwork...
  27. J

    new computer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I recently purchased a new computer with Windows XP as the OS. I had been using a computer running Windows ME on which I had a fairly large Favorites file. When I purchased the new XP computer I also bought a Sandisk...
  28. skitz9417

    Beginer wc loop for my cpu

    i have already read up all i need to know about water cooling and i found the water cooling kit is it any good http://www.gammods.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5565
  29. E

    OS Question

    If I have an AMD Athlon 64 3700+, what operating system do you guys recommend? I am new at this, so I have no idea. Thanks for any help.
  30. R

    2 versions of Windows Media Player

    Hi, is it possible to install Windows Media Player 9 and Windows Media Player 10 on the same machine? how do i do this? Thanks in advance for any assistance given =) `ReNeGaDe[ICE]
  31. D

    Which Motherboard? ASRock 990FX Extreme3 VS BIOSTAR TA990FXE

    Both mobos have great reviews both are the same price with a discount code. Which one is the better bet cpu is a amd fx-6300 I have a asrock 970 extreme 3 in a old build and imo it overclocks like crap. Biostar http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138341 asrock...
  32. A

    Cpu not turns on

    Hello, when i turns on my cpu it suddenly turns off within a second
  33. O

    My Pictures with FTP Address for Web Site?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Hi- How may I receive a http:// address for my images, which are located in Windows XP My Documents. Do I need a FTP server or what? My objective is to place them onto my Web site. And yet, most companies charge a fee. I...
  34. S

    I need help, please. Low budget!

    Okay, I have alot of questions... First off, my budget tops goes into 325 English pounds, though I would rather be paying 280. Would it be best just to get a prebuilt pc? Or for my budget should I build my own? I will be trying to run games like Minecraft and borderlands, as well as maybe...
  35. G

    Sims 2

  36. G

    Heritage of Kings - The Settlers Demo

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?) Just got the demo for this. Played the tutorial. Looks pretty nice. Graphics are pretty damn nice. The voice acting and dialogue was pretty sad but it wasn't distractingly bad. Some nice things about it are that you don't...
  37. F

    High Def connector for non-hi-def TVs?...

    Archived from groups: alt.games.video.xbox (More info?) I have a large 63 inch projection TV, standard definition..it's got svhs and component inputs. Have a dolby digital receiver too. Looking at the advanced svhs av pack or the high def component av pack. Would the high def look better...
  38. G

    Outlook express for email on new computer

    how do I get outlook express on a new computer from dell