Function Keys

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Function Keys.
  1. M

    Cannot connect to Linksys Router 192.168.1.1 Web Page

    i can t get to 192.168.1.1
  2. ReformedGamer

    Need HTPC Build - Small but powerful

    Hey there! I'm new to the HTPC scene, but I have built a lot of desktops over the past years, with my current 2 being gaming rigs. I'm moving into a new place and wanting to rethink how I do media, so I am settled on building my own HTPC to do what I want, which is: - The ability to stream HD...
  3. F

    Direct tv canada

    The present Canadian satellite TV providers charge much more than their U.S. counterparts. When will the federal government break up this monopoly as they did with long distance telephone charges.
  4. D

    LAN Issues

    Sorry about the vague title. I hope it doesn't piss anyone off. Heading straight to the point, I have a LAN network with 5 computers (2desktops, 2laptops and 1 netbook). I just changed my modem to a wifi/router modem, D-Link DSl-2460T so I can do away with the cables for the mobile pcs. What...
  5. C

    LAN PROBLEM

    im using MSI GD-70 Mobo... my problem is sometime the LAN suddenly pop out limited connectivity(i mean my connection) and im dc from internet and then i need to plug my cable to the other LAN to continue surfing because this mobo got dual LAN.. anyone know why this happen??
  6. M

    word

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I dont seem to have microsoft word. Im running xp home edition, this is stopping me from scanning properly. I understand that i need office to do this. there is site called openoffice.org , but are not sure on whatto...
  7. S

    How to recover files from external hard disk

    Hello, i have reclaimed space from external hard disk while installing another OS in my computer hence files have been deleted from external hard disk. How can these files be recovered?
  8. S

    Phenom system REALLY low performance

    I recently scored a deal on a Gateway with a 300-watt PSU, and 1TB HDD. It also has a Phenom 9500 (I know, I've heard a lot of hate about it) and a Radeon HD 2400xt. My problem is that I should be able to smoothly play NFS Shift on lowest settings at 800x600, but it is so laggy, on Windows 7 and...
  9. fraggelrock

    A good firewall

    I am upgrading an office network. This network has 9 systems, 1 print server with 2 printers. They want me to add a file server, that will be left on all the time to allow access to files from outside the office. I am thinking of putting a hard firewall between the modem and the file server...
  10. rvieaujr

    Can you replace 7770hd with 7970 hd?

    bought a pc with a phenom ii x4 840t pcu and radeon's 7770HD gpu and was told that the 7770hd is a low end gpu. i'd just like to know if i can replace it with the 7970hd which i was told was a high end gpu? not a big pc guy, just started pc gaming. usually game on consoles. thanks
  11. G

    recovering administrator password

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) i've forgetted my administrator password is there any method for recovering admin password
  12. R

    OpenWRT Question

    I'm going to buy a new linksys router that can support the OpenWRT stuff, I was wondering how can you tell what revision one is with out opening the box.. Cant really open a box in the store because its covered in plastic ;p
  13. U

    Hd 4650 512mb ddr2 vs 9500gt ddr2 1gb

    hd 4650 512mb ddr2 vs 9500gt ddr2 1gb please tell and explain
  14. G

    Google and VoIP

    Archived from groups: comp.dcom.voice-over-ip (More info?) News from PC Magazine: Google Talk Tackles Chat, VoIP - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1851348,00.asp Anyone find more info on the new Gmail and Google Talk offerings? see http://www.google.com/talk/
  15. G

    lost software for lexmark x1150

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) Hi I was wondering if someone knows where I can get the install software for my lexmark all in one x1150. i reformatted my computer and can’t seem to find the cd :? -- Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com...
  16. King Mustard

    7870 or 7950? (i5-750 CPU, 1680x1050)

    I currently have a have a GeForce 560 (1 GB) from May 2011 with an Intel Core i5-750 CPU and 8 GB RAM. I always play the latest games (e.g. currently Far Cry 3, Crysis 3), at 1680x1050. My options are: • HD 7870 (2 GB) (Mar 2012) (£170) • HD 7950 (3 GB) (Jan 2012) (£210) The 7950 is a little...
  17. T

    Can i play modern warefare 3 with 8600 ddr3

    i have amd athlon x2-250,3.00 ghz and xfs 8600, 512mb, ddr3 system. will i be able to play modern warefare 3?
  18. G

    SOS!!!

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) How can i create a website? What kind of software should i use?pls help me......... thank you.
  19. B

    Business Network Question

    I have a business network on a 5 port router. All running Windows. How can I setup up a network so that all the computers will see each other, and so that all the computers can access each other's files. :D
  20. G

    RECOVERY DISC

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I am having problems with NTDLL causing my pc to crash. When I Right click a file in Explorer, select properties then click OK or Cancel. The PC is has plenty of processing power and memory and storage. I have entered the...
  21. G

    Task Manager Window

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) All of a sudden the ctrl-alt-del keys do not bring up the Task Manager Window. Does anyone know what might have caused this and/or how to retrieve it? I have Windows XP. It worked for 2 yrs now but hasn't in...
  22. R

    Gaming Laptop Inquiry

    I am looking for a laptop that is pretty nice all the way around. I am looking not to spend too much money under $1000.00 (USD). I want a nice processor, graphics card, ram, ect. Here we go! 1. What is your budget? --- Around $700.00 (USD) I *may* be willing to go in the up but under...
  23. lost

    Hiding an entire group of a certain file type

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) i'm trying to find a way to hide an entire type of files...for example how would i go about hiding any files with the file extension .doc....? thanx for the help
  24. G

    webcam not working

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) hello could someone help me fix my cam, since i installed windows xp it doesnt work
  25. K

    Disconnection and things

    Since December I had been experiencing major latency issues playing a certain game(World of Warcraft). I found the problem via tracert logs in the way of large latency during the hops I take to reach the games servers. Taking advice from here and other boards, I spoke to my ISP and they kept...
  26. G

    Problem with MN-700 Base Station Management Tool

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I recently set up a new "wireless g" base station for my home network. After the usual headaches, everything appeared to be going smoothly, and my network runs fine. The Problem is, I can't access the management tool...
  27. Pintail

    getting rid of outlook's"compacting" reminder

    Hey folks...how do i get rid of Outlook's " can we compact your messages to save space" annoyance? Your help GREATLY appreciated... :)
  28. J

    Windows 7 Favorites Toolbar missing

    How do IO restore my Favorites tool bar
  29. T

    PC3500/3700 DDR

    I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/comments as to what brands (Corsair, OCZ, Kingston, or others) are best for higher speed DDR.
  30. S

    Hii i\'m having hp pavillion dv4 and it has Broadcom 802.11g adapter but its wif

    help
  31. D

    PeteRoy You da man 5 questions

    Hi PeteRoy, Ok a few questions for ya. Question 1 You loss your job ebay hires you. The first thing they tell you is we need a new set of powerfull blade servers to run windows sever 2003. As a new and intelligent employee what would you reccomend? Question 2 Lets say your best friend just...
  32. D

    WTB: A solid state drive

    Hi, I'm looking for a good SSD with a reasonable amount of space to replace my ageing IDE hard drives. I was thinking of any of these: - Crucial M225 128GB - Crucial C300 128GB - Intel X-25M 160GB G2 - OCZ Vertex 2 (100GB or 120GB 2E versions) - OCZ Colossus Lite 120GB - Mushkin Callisto...
  33. 1

    Windows Experience Index Not Working

    My Windows Experience index is not working. I click on "rate this computer", and nothing happens. My old scores are gone, but I haven't tried using it in probably 4 months. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1 OS Version 6.1.7601. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks 1mrdad
  34. A

    Internal or external hard drives can they all be used both Mac and PC

    I see many drives for sale for Mac's I also often have mac owners ask me about using one of my PC drives in a mac. Is there any reason you can't take a regular pc drive and use it in a mac? is there a different interface or some other reason why mac drives seem higher in price.
  35. B

    WinXP Shutdown

    I have just installed Win XP Evalution copy , Build 2600. Everything seems to work fine until I try to shutdown the machine. The P.C just keeps restarting and wont shutdown. This is the second time I have installed XP and the second time it has happend. Any help would be appreciated as this...
  36. H

    Can't get into XP setup!

    Hi all. My Windows XP computer from 2001 (HP Pavilion, 1GHz AMD Duron, 128MB RAM, 30GB HDD) has a Unmountable Boot Volume BSOD which appears for a millisecond during the boot and then the PC restarts itself and back to square one. I know what to do to fix it. I have a XP CD, I booted the PC...
  37. G

    User permissions audit tools.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) I just took over as Network administrator for a company with under 50 employees. The previous N.A. didn't use groups and gave users access depending on their department, etc. What I would like to do is setup groups for...
  38. R

    DOS based Zerowriter ??

    Does anyone know of a DOS based utitlity that will write 0's to a partition only, and not the whole hard drive? I use WD drives, and their wipe program takes partitions with it. I want to do a clean install,but do not want to wipe out my other partitons and everything in them. I understand that...
  39. G

    UFAT ERROR ???

    When turn the computer on and the windows login screen start, it's come a blue error screen called "UFAT ERROR", then computer halted. Does anyone know what's going on here?
  40. C

    Windows xp sp2 audio drivers free download

    Hello, i want to download my windows xp service pack 2 audio drivers