Fusion

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Fusion.
  1. J

    Router: D-Link DGL-4300 Please Help

    Hello! Before reading further, please note that this thread is quite long and if you're short of time, skip ahead to the last sentence. About 5 days ago I purchased a D-Link DGL-4300 router and I've encountered a number of problems due to it. So after attaching the wireless router to my...
  2. muhsheesuh

    Opinions on AMD Phenom II 940 Build

    This was my first build and I wanted to build something for some moderate gaming including Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 to be released. I originally wanted to make an i7 build but the cost difference of $250+ really turned me off. I would rather sacrifice a little in the CPU and upgrade the rest of...
  3. G

    Win 7, 3 monitor spanning

    Anyone know if windows 7 supports spanning one image across 3 screens. XP does not, haven't tried it with Vista. I wanted to know if 7 does it, so I wouldn't be spending 300 bucks on a triplehead2go only to find out that windows 7 can do it anyway.
  4. D

    Inspiron XPS 2 and MCE?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Hi All, I received my Inspiron XPS Gen 2 two days ago without an operating system disk. (Or recovery disk as they sometimes call it) I ordered my system with Windows XP Media Center Edition. Did they just forget or has anyone else...
  5. G

    PII G6 266 MHz - newest BIOS version allows use of 'modern..

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) Okay, two days ago I upgraded an old Gateway Pentium 2 G6 266 MHz system with 64 Mb of RAM. I gave it a couple of older components coming from my old AMD Duron PC (which died after an MB failure): - a new videocard (Asus NVidia...
  6. ambam

    Homeless people in New York committing suicide?

    I overheard a conversation between some people today about how homeless people in New York city are committing suicide by laying down on the train and subway tracks and then getting cut in half as the train runs over them. Allegedly, they are even lining up on the tracks by the dozen! I thought...
  7. K

    router question (dlink gamerlounge router)

    hi there i have just bought a dlink gamerlounge DGL 4300. i have noticed the difference when gaming on my xbox 360 beacause of the gamefuel technology. i know that it is using 802.11G at the moment which is fine for gaming. when it comes to linking the 360 with a media centre pc, they say...
  8. G

    Can't Write to Floppy (A:) Drive

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I have repeatedly tried to write different types of files to my floppy (A:) drive, but cannot. The message I always get is this: Error copying file or folder - Cannot copy <filename>: The disk is write-protected. Remove the...
  9. T

    Rear Left is sounding from Rear Right and Vice-a-versa. Any solution?

    OKay guys, Im sure there is a very simple solution here but I just cant find it. I have a SB Fatality soundcard and I think I have wired it up correctly with the jacks. However, when I go to the THX Setup Console to test and run the 'speaker selection' check etc I have the front right and rear...
  10. N

    Intel E5200 vs AMD 64 X" 5600 vs AMD 64 X2 7750

    Wich way should I go? In my country the prices for these 3 CPU's only differs about $9. So, assuming the rest of compnents to be equivalent, wich one will be a best buy? Does paying a little more for the AMD 7750 is worth it? And what are the advantages here by going for ntel, besides OC wich...
  11. inception8

    Motherboards that give options of purchasing two different BIOS-es

    This is the question our HW class teacher left us with and I'll be damned if I can find anything on this subject (see below). I'm assuming this is closely related to some kind of server MB(s) rather than personal desktop dual bios MBs. Trying to think of various key search words in Google isn't...
  12. G

    Home vs. Business

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I open up two web pages one for Dimension 4700 for home purchase and one for Dimension 4700 Small Business. I then go down the option list selecting the same options, same CPU, Mem, HD, OS and other all the same. So tell me why I...
  13. D

    German boy, 11, calls police to complain about chores

    http://www.news.com.au/weird-true-freaky/boy-calls-police-to-complain-about-chores/story-e6frflri-1226115665925 Kids. hate em or love em.
  14. R

    Intel E8200 will not post but Smithfield will post on the same board

    MB= MSI P6N SLI High quality power supply. The board and the replaced cpu work. I decided to upgrade the psu and bought the Intel E8200. Power comes on but the board does not post. I have looked on the MSI site and do not feel their advice is appropriate because the board works with the older...
  15. K

    Question about antec sp-400 supporting evga geforce 8600gt.

    first off i apologize if this has been asked. i used the forum search and nothing. well so far my luck really sucks. my video card fan died so i sent it back (evga geforce 8500gt 256mb) anyhow they sent me back a (evga geforce 8600gt 256mb) and on the side of the box it says that it requires a...
  16. W

    INSPIRON 9300 HELP

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) My current system is an inspiron 5150,I am interested in the new inspiron 9300,Can someone tell me [newbi] in simpleTerms how the 9300 can be advertised As "the ultimate desktop replacement" When it has a cpu speed of only 1.7 also How...
  17. jednx01

    Osama Bin Laden is Dead

    Tango down... That's all I have to say. :)
  18. C

    Dell 4700 vs 8400

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I am about to replace my existing Dell Dimension SPS 450 with a newer Dell computer. I am looking at either the 4700 or 8400, both pretty much configured the same (3.2 GHz processor, 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM, 80 GB harddrive, SP home...
  19. G

    Primary Partitions

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I have split an 80mb C drive into 2 partitions; the new partition (E) is a Logical drive. There are 2 other Dell created partions which are also Primary ones. This means there are now 4 primary partitions which means that Norton Ghost...
  20. Z

    Help! mobo and PSU question!

    I just ordered ASUS A8N-SLI mobo and found out that it's using the new ATX 12V 2.0 compliant which use 24pin connector. Currently, I'm using ICute ATX-450W/P4 PSU with 20 pin connector. Does this mean I need to get a new PSU too for it? or ASUS does provide somekind of converter? If so, my PSU...
  21. G

    Replacing 8300 PSU with standard ATX PSU??

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Hi, The power supply unit in my Dell Dimension 8300 is dying. Every 9 out of 10 times, the machine won't start at all when I press the power button. I can hear the fans for about half a second, then the whole thing just dies. I have...
  22. G

    Cant find my username and password need help

    Hello, please help me locate my user name and password - I don't remember it. Thank you
  23. P

    A7V8X-X, mouse/keyboard stop responding

    Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus (More info?) Hi, A what was a really stable system started developping a weird problem. At random points, the keyboard and the mouse will stop responding but the rest of the system is working fine. When it happens, I can connect to the PC...
  24. kavcruse

    How could one get job at ea or any other gamer companies

    wats the basic qualification for that?
  25. P

    Dell Outlet prices are higher than new -- what's the deal?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I've been pricing laptops and servers the last couple months and found that every time I can get a *new* system from dell.com with more features/newer features/etc. for a *lower* price than outlet.dell.com. I used to buy *every* Dell...
  26. K

    Best Buy Job Offer

    Hello :hello: Now last week I have went in to Best Buy for two Job Interviews and was told that they would love to hired me and I will start off at 8.89 SO I did my drug screening and I don't smoke or drink but the background check is what I've been thinking about lately. I have a misdemeanor...
  27. R

    Help!!! Burnt out CPU??????

    hi there, I've just installed the Intel e3600 cpu after replacing it with new Arctic Silver 5 Thermal paste. When I switch on the pc, I am only getting power on the mobo and ALL fans and the pc doesn't boot. I don't hear the BIOS bleep and it seems dead. Is my CPU burnt out or something...
  28. T

    SBC Yahoo DSL

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?) I am trying to set up my sbc dsl connection to go from the dsl modem to my MN-700 wireless router. I set up the PPPoE information and reset the router, but it does not make a connection to the internet. Does anyone...
  29. G

    Never have a screw left over

    Archived from groups: alt.ozdebate,comp.sys.hp.hardware,japan.comp.toshiba (More info?) Great resource for compulsive fiddlers. Free online service manuals. http://fileshare.eshop.bg/ -- Typ
  30. G

    Is home newsletter different than business?

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) Simpleminded issue: It has been recommended off and on that I should sign up for the dell newsletter to get the occasionally awesome deal that they offer through such things. Is there a different one for the home division than for the...
  31. H

    Which of these 2 HP computers would be the better one to...

    purchase? Going to purchase one of these 2 HP desktop computers this week at Circuit City and would like to know what everyone thinks would be the better machine? HP Pavilion Desktop PC (A1730N) •AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ •320GB hard drive •LightScribe-enabled •2GB of DDR2 memory •Burns DVDs...
  32. B

    CPU build date decode?

    I tried searching everywhere and can't find how to decode my E6600 to see when it was built. I have heard some weeks were better OC'ers and some weeks were cooler than others. Anyone care to elaborate? The info from my CPU is below INTEL '05 INTEL CORE 2 DUO 6600 SL 9S8 MALAY 2.40GHZ/4M/1066/06...
  33. D

    compaq mod 1123

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) I have a new compaq and when I try to access the cd/dvd the computer freezes up. It has done this since it was first powered up. I have updates each time Iget online but nothing has helped. what do I do? Doc
  34. M

    Wrong RAM????

    I bought this computer to fix it is an Acer Aspire T690 bout it off of ebay the title said there was something over heating that it just kept shutting itself off. It gets here and i start diagnosing the problem i turn the computer on and it i can't see where it is over heating so i take and i...
  35. Zorak

    AM2 vs 939

    I am currently looking at a board that supports socket 939 with the option to later upgrade to AM2, and what I was wondering was whether AM2 will actually be worth it? Should I stick with this board or should I skip straight to AM2? From what I have seen, there is not a whole lot of performance...
  36. G

    Pavilion zt3215EA Windows XP Login Problem

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?) Hello Newsgroup! I have a problem with my hp pavilion zt3215EA laptop. When I have start Windows XP/SP2 the loging screen to login with CTRL+ALT+DEL is on the monitor, but i can't login because my keyboard does not react simply. This...
  37. G

    Interesting Article from Canada

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I thought everyone might be interested in this article from the Today's Toronto Star. I knew that they had some problems in support but did not realize they had slipped behind Apple, IBM, and (gasp) Gateway. I must be a lucky exception...
  38. O

    [SOLVED] Setup mac osx on custom made netbook

    I got a custom netbook with the following specs. CPU N2800 1.83Ghz Dual Core 4-thread Chipset IntelCedarview-M Memory DDRIII 4gb Ssd 64gb I am lookin to setup mac os on this netbook and is looking for help. I am new to mac though have a basic understanding of it. Please help me in installing...
  39. trencin

    Athlon CPU gaming

    I am wondering if the S939 3500+ amd 64 Can handle the upcoming pc games for at least next 2 or more years? (Games like Crysis, huxley, etc.) All opinions are appreciated thanks