Grub

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Grub.
  1. P

    mother board question

    does a msi h87-g43 motherboard have a pci e slot
  2. C

    64bit Win7 Home backup failures

    Hello, Like the title says, I can't get Win7 to backup my c: HD. Always says it didn't finish correctly. I have two other HD's and I have tried both and I get the same error. Someone suggested it might be my AntiVirus? I'm using the current version of AVG. Any help or suggestions would be...
  3. E

    PCI-E usage

    Hi Members, I am thinking of buying Intel DP55KG motherboard. This has got five PCI express slots. I have one graphics and two PCI-E cards. So mainly I will use three PCI-E slots. If I use three slots simultaneously, is there any performance related issue/ problem? Thanks, Sam
  4. S

    New build shows black screen

    Hi, I just purchased components for my new PC: AMD FX-8120 CPU ASRock 970 Extreme4 MOBO 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz memory Sapphire HD 6850 HDD and SSD I put it all together. When I press the power button, all the fans start up, the BR drive boots, I can hear the Hard drives load up...even the...
  5. A

    900w 32A PSU blew fuse on 2 x 280x's. Checked single rail but still..

    Yea. It was one of those sonic-cracking, sparks flying, arm-reflex-over-face moments. All I was doing was a routine install of a 2nd 280x using a PCI-e 1x - 16x riser. The problem occurred when they both finally began to mine. In the first 10 seconds of mining, my PSU's fuse blew (so it...
  6. G

    Change language

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) How do I change the settings to make everything in Polish instead of English?
  7. T

    64 bit

    I bought a Laptop computer from Staple it has Windows 7 with 64 bit. I found yjat I have my business program in Filemaker 4.1 and it will not run on the new laptop, and also filemaker wants way to much to upgrade . Is there a way to run tyhis 32 bit program, used this program from filemaker fo...
  8. S

    Can you map a bluetooth device with an ip

    Is it possible to map a bluedevice with a fixed ip address?
  9. S

    Missing sound card ????

    Hello, I recently bought a new laptop with windows 7 and everything was fine but today for some reason the sound has gone. I can listen through earphones but thats it. Ive looked through all advise regarding sound issues and ran diagnosics but it just keeps telling me there are no...
  10. C

    My computer is sluggish

    Hello, My computer is sluggish. I have Windows XP operating system. To help fix this problem, last night I downloaded and used a cleaner to clean it up It appeared to help a good bit. But this morning it is back to its old sluggish ways. The With no programs running in the front the CPU usage...
  11. G

    Escndv problem

    Hello, Cannot transfer an attachment which is text that was scanned on my printer. How do I do this? I was informed that it was an escndv.exe file and gmail could not send this for security reason. Can anyone help? Edward edwardevans35@gmail.com
  12. S

    How do scheduled defrags work when pc is off?

    Windows 7 has a defrag feature where it can run at any time or day. It puzzles me how it can be scheduled to run even if the computer is not powered on. How can this be?
  13. J

    Menu bar is gone from explorer (windows 7)

    Hello, my menu bar is gone from explorer (windows 7) can only access it from alt key and won't stay visible I'm not in full screen and when I use the alt key to display the menu bar and go to view..toolbars...menu toolbar is checked but disappears anyway even if I lock the toolbars. It is not...
  14. dalene

    To much data

    Hello, I have a 256 gb ssd, adding up all my folders including hidden folders I should only have 30-35gb. In my computer it says I have 196gb. Where did all the extra data come from. Cant see what else is on it.
  15. K

    Missing dvd and bd-rw

    Hello, I can't use my dvd-rw and bd-rw because win7 can't find them
  16. A

    System Tray Problems

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) I have two programs (Ad-Watch and Quotes) that will not 'hold' the behavior I select for system tray notification. I select 'Always Hide' forAd-Watch and 'Always Show' for Quotes but both of them always revert to 'Hide...
  17. A

    Number Pad Hot keys?

    Im running Windows 7 and sometimes my number bad and arrow keys will, when pressed, perform a totally different operation then their standard function. For example the 2 on the num pad functions as a back button in both internet explorer and firefox browsers, and the down arrow will collapse a...
  18. B

    Windows 7 internet options

    Hello, The tools icon was always on the upper right hand side of my home page along with home page,, read mail, print, page, safety. When I opened he computer today, it is no longer. Where do I find it now? Thank you.
  19. S

    Charitable organizations that give away laptops

    Friends of Kids with Cancer www.friendsofkids.com is asking for a working laptop hopefully loaded with PowerPoint. Picture presentation would be made to show our 501 c 3, BBB Accredited charity to potential donors and fund raising events.
  20. D

    Help Me Make my VB6 Application work on Win7

    Hello, My VB6 application is not working on win7. Pls help
  21. badoosh

    Adobe Flash Player 10.1 Install error

    How do I get the adobe flash player 10.1 to work? Every time I try to install I keep getting a message (error: installation failed) and I have tried everything to install it even deleting it from my registry and uninstalling it and still get the error. Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit 8GB DDR2...
  22. M

    Help Me...please

    Hello, Help Me...please
  23. D

    Dell Inspiron 1520

    Hey guys, I'm a midrange gamer and I'm looking for a good laptop that could handle games such as WoW, CoD2 etc and programs like Photoshop CS2 and 3ds max 8. I was thinking of a Dell since i heard good things about it. Here's my setup for now: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T5450 (2MB...
  24. F

    Upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate

    Hello everyone! I need some help on this. I currently have Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) installed on my computer. I want to use Windows Upgrade Anytime to upgrade to Ultimate (64-bit). Will all of my files and installed programs still be there after the install is finished? I have McAfee and...
  25. S

    Can do clean format and partition the hdd?

    Dear Friends, Recently two of my friends purchased HP 620 Laptops, supplied with a application and driver recovery dvd. My friends want to format and partition the hard disk into 2 or 3 partitions. The hdd capacity is 250 GB. Please advise. Thanks, Selvaraj.
  26. G

    Network card stops working after SP2 Install

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) All, Installed SP2 on the computer and found that my Network Card has stopped working. In device manager I get a device cannot start (code 10) error. Thought it might need a fresh install. Blew the HDD away and did a...
  27. E

    How to get free windows 7 home edition download

    Hello, how can i upgrade to home edition for free??????????
  28. G

    Realtek Drivers

    Hello, Does anyone know where I can find the win7 compatable drivers for rtl8168d/8111d. I've tried everywhere and can only find vista drivers.
  29. T

    Win7 from one hard drive to another?

    So, my friend asked me to upgrade his computer. Along with the new components is a new, faster hard drive. He's asking me to transfer Windows 7 from his old, slow hard drive to the newer one. So, how exactly does this work? Is it just basically uninstalling Windows, taking apart the comp...
  30. P

    Chaintecj 7VJL problem, please help...

    hey there. I just bought an Chaintech 7VJL Apogee mainboard, 256MB DDR 333Mhz Samsung and an Athlon Xp 2000+. I Installed everything and I had no prob. But suddently the computer shuted down without reason!!! This happened about 4-5 times and every time without reason! At the manual i read that...
  31. G

    Games for notebooks

    Hello, can anyone suggest a good RPG game for acer aspire one? thanks,
  32. L

    HP graphics card

    Hello I have the following computer from Hewlett Packard: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01578366&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&cc=ch&dlc=de&lang=de&lc=de&product=3818709 Unfortunately, a few days ago the screen began fllickering and to be on the blink, which is why I...
  33. V

    Free download 64 bit umax astra 5600 scanner driver for windows 7

    64 bit umax astra 5800 scanner driver for windows 7
  34. makwy2

    Locked Out of Access

    Not sure where to put this, but here seemed like a good place. In short: I cannot modify and in some cases access or edit any files in my Windows, Program Files, or other default folders withing Windows 7. I have tried changing the access by editing the permissions (first within my normal...
  35. D

    Show or hide HP Smart Web Printing hpswp_BHO dll

    Hello,why cant i control the font size in my email program?
  36. G

    Flash Drive Issue

    my USB flash drive doesn't show on my ASUS laptop. How can i fix this?
  37. C

    Lag/Freezing issues!!

    Hi Guys! I recently built a home theatre PC that runs Windows 7... I've had major issues with what I call lag and mini freezes. At first it was most noticeable while playing movies on VLC or Media Classic. VLC would be jerky, sometimes would stop for a few seconds and it would always show...
  38. N

    USB Windows 8 install

    Hi everyone, I'm trying to install the Windows 8 preview onto a home built computer. I have mounted the .iso onto a flash drive using microsoft's program, but once I boot from the drive and start installation, I get a message saying to "remove the installation cd, restart the computer, and put...
  39. H

    Getting Marantz Receiver to Recognize Sound Card Settings

    I'm hoping somebody can offer some tips here, as I'm thinking that this is related to Windows 7 and not necessarily hardware. I've hooked up my PC to my Marantz SR8001 receiver, via the ATI 5870 video card HDMI connection that is hooked into the VCR1 HMDI port on the receiver. I'm able to get...