HP Photosmart

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with HP Photosmart.
  1. K

    I am ready to order the parts, is my setup good to go?

    Ok, so I have decided to upgrade my pc after 5 years of having my last one. The pc is mostly going to be used for gaming. The budget is quite small so I decided to keep my old hdd (WD Caviar Blue 640gb), optical drive and my gpu which I bought last year (7750). I am planning to buy a 120/128 gb...
  2. J

    OC potential, OC FIRST

    Hello everyone, I wanted to start of with two main questions, 1. Is my rig a good candidate for cpu, gpu, over clocking? 2. I've heard overclocking shortens life spans, but how drastic is it? And if it depends, at what point does it depend is there a safe balance in oc and does it void...
  3. V

    Windows 8.1 showing wrong amount of cores and no turbo boosting on Intel 3770 (Non-k)

    Hi there, I'm running Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H board with an Intel 3770 (Non K) processor. In windows 8.1, I noticed in Performance (Task Manager) it is reported that the maximum speed is 3.4GHz (should be 3.9 with Turbo) and the total number of cores is 2. Any help would be much appreciated...
  4. P

    Plz Give Answer

    When I Press At The Rate (@) My PC Suddenly Restart.
  5. D

    Clean Windows 8 Install

    I have been repairing and tinkering with computers for some time now and now Microsoft has totally perplexed me. I have a friends packard bell laptop with Windows 8 pre-installed on it. The laptop refuses to boot. I have tested the hard drive and it is physically ok. The boot loader is broken...
  6. C

    What am3+ Motherboards are 220w and Which is the Best?

    I am currently looking into the new 9000 series processors and I see that they are 220w. I don't know what motherboards are compatible. I hope someone will be able to help me. Thanks, CallmeMiner
  7. G

    Airline Tycoon (Full version) "30-Day Trial Up" Message.

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.strategic (More info?) I payed $20 on Amazon.com for Airline Tycoon Evolution. I have both the manual that came in the box, and the slightly different Adobe Acrobat Reader manual that is in the installation directory printed out. After day 30 in-game...
  8. T

    Noob Computer Build Helps

    Hello All I am sorta on A tight budget and making a computer in a month i'm thinking around $300 without a os, dvd/cd drive which i have. I know this is sorta Weak But I have been on a single core for about 4 years but I'm pretty experienced with computers. Just Want a Computer that can play...
  9. G

    Changing both Motherboard and HD on OEM XP machine..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) Sorry for asking such general question, but I'm fearly new to XP issues... I am about to change to a more modern motherboard to go with my Athlon XP CPU.. The new mobo supports serial ata disks so I will change...
  10. D

    Recording DAT tapes to a mac

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech,comp.sys.mac.misc (More info?) Appreciate any help on this topic. I have a few DAT tapes I want to record onto my computer. I recently purchased an Edirol UA-1D and an optical cable. I'm borrowing a Panasonic SV-3800 DAT player from a friend. I hooked...
  11. N

    message from system to alert

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) One more thing, title bar of the alert is 'messenger service'.
  12. G

    dvd, cdrw problem -drivers??

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) ok, this is the problem. (i already reinstalled windows). the drives work just fine - they both read, and the rw writes, - data and audio. i install a cd burning program that i want to use for it's mp3 editing, and...
  13. S

    Clock doesn't show tick marks

    Lately, my windows clock doesn't show tick marks for every minute. This is what it used to look like This is what it looks like now Can anybody tell me how to get my tick marks back or explain what could have caused it? I did recently upgrade my 15" CRT for a Dell 22" E228WFP LCD monitor...
  14. H

    Quad core processor windows xp performance issue sound

    Hello, Just got a new PC...using quad core on XP (enterprise will not upgrade to Windows 7), and notice a performance issue frequently (with music on, it is particularly evident as it becomes a staccato sound). My older PC booted slowly but never had this issue once it was up. DELL i7-2640m 4...
  15. G

    Formatting My PC

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Seeing a decrease in performance in my PC after a few months(as expected from wear and tear over time), I’ve decided to reformat my PC to bring it up to the "new PC" feel and speed. Before formatting, is there...
  16. G

    Theme Hospital problem

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?) Hi Running WinXPHome SP2. Have Theme Hospital loaded to C:\Program Files\Bullfrog\Hospital, with Shortcuts on various desktops. Game runs OK with all users, but only users with Administrator rights can save games. Using 95...
  17. Hellboy

    Is Dark Forces / Dark Forces 2 the best games ever...

    I was sitting here through another boring FPS and I had a retro moment.. For me Dark Forces 1 and 2 were the best FPS.. It contained decent puzzles, pipes with fans to go through, under bridges metal construction in which you really felt you could fall of and was really tense... There has...
  18. G

    secondary hard drive

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) my computer keeps saying the hard drive is full even though i have installed secondary hard drive and it has been recognised by windows? How do i use the sec. drive?
  19. M

    Lower priced laptop for EOS, skyrim, etc.

    Looking for a lower priced laptop that could handle games like skyrim and elder Scrolls online when its released. been looking around and found this. Want to know if it has everything i would need or if i should go a different route.
  20. C

    Embedded WMP Issues

    Recently my computer running XP decided that it didn't want to play files using an embedded Windows Media Player. When I go to a page with WMP embedded, it just sits there and says "ready." Thinking it might somehow help, I installed WMP11, and it also just sits there. What can I do to fix this?
  21. P

    Is this really true about win XP?!?!

    After i mentioned to my friend that i havn't noticed a difference by switching from 512Mb ram to a 1024mb, he said that win XP not fully utilizing 1 gig of ram, that i need a 64 bit OS. He said regular XP utilizes only 512 and the rest still swaps from page file. I couldn't belive my ears!!! Is...
  22. G

    Anyone using XEON-based DAWs?

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.pro (More info?) Just wondering how compatible a dual Intel XEON workstation would be with audio apps like Cubase. Also, I believe you can run a dual XEON with hyperthreading.. meaning the OS 'sees' 4 CPUs! Anyone know how compatible this would be to our own...
  23. T

    FX-8320 paired with GA-990fxa-UD3 - strange downspeeding and upspeedin

    Hi, I have a fx-8320 paired with a gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 MB that I purchased from Microcenter recently. I see a strange situation in which I am running Prime95 with the CPU being overclocked to 4.4 GHz on a +0.050 Vcore voltage increase. I have turned turbo mode off and C(c&q) off as well. The...
  24. eric confused

    NIC

    I am doing my labs on a Dell 260 optiplex
  25. G

    programs menu

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I need some help i have lots of diffrent programs on my pc. I was wonder how i had the programs i dont use to often.
  26. G

    Guru

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I find this no help at all...Bill Gates, the richest man and so greedy he cannot even supply a decent support system...If I knew what I was looking for and where to find it , I wouldnot need assistance.We are not all gurus...
  27. T

    Testing an old K7 deck

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?) Hi, I want to buy a used K7 deck but I don't know how to check the state of the heads. I don't mind some other minor problems but I guess it would be difficult/expensive to replace the heads. So the cuestion is: How do I check if the heads are...
  28. G

    Equalization

    Archived from groups: rec.audio.tech (More info?) Equalization curves: I have a digital CD recording of a John Philip Sousa radio broadcast from 1929, and small changes in the equalization can make it sound like the worst band in the world or the best band in the world. Many songs that take...
  29. C

    Warning cpu has been changed

    Warning CPU has been changed. I needed to put a new power supply in my computer. Now it does come back up but with this warning... Warning! CPU has been changed. Please re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup and remember to save before quit! If I click on F1 it brings me to my desktop but...
  30. D

    Need help with making game videos

    I'm new to making gameplay videos and I need some tips. I use fraps and windows movie maker but what compression software should I use(must be free)? Also what resolution is recommended? I'm going to be making gameplay videos for crysis warhead and assassins creed.
  31. R

    How can I transfer my movies from laptop onto television?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Dear friends, Can you help me out to determine how can I connect my laptop onto my television so that I could play any CD/ DVD in my laptop and watch it onto my television. I tried connecting 4 pin S-video / scart cable...
  32. benjanini61

    My PC is crashing in certain games.

    Its the kind of crash where the game freezes but the music continues to loop for about 5-10 seconds and then i get a loud BRRRRRRRRRRRrbrbbrbrrrr from the speaker and im required to hard restart the PC. Im pretty sure its a CPU based crash, due to the sound and the fact that i also have to...
  33. SPEED94

    Need suggestion - combo

    hi friends i shifted my gaming rig to my college so building a new rig.need suggestions on the cpu- mobo combo badly.just one thing-my hd 7850 will be coming within 1 month or later due to shortage of my wallet...so i was hoping if the hd 4000 can handle semi-modern games especially cod mw2 and...
  34. G

    Multilingual

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?) Hello I got winxp (oem). At the installation I can chose the language (German, English, French, ...). I've chosen German. But now some dialogs, menues and folder (for ex. c.\program files, or c:\documents and settings)...
  35. B

    Audio Receiver suggestions?

    Hello, I have about 200-300 dollars to spend on a home audio receiver (already have some basic speakers, good not great). Surround sound is not set up and so not a big priority, need to know if there are any receivers in this price range that would allow me to play music wirelessly via my...
  36. F

    Dual xeon5410

    how much faster than quad core q9400?
  37. mikesorensen06

    There's mystery in room acoustics...

    Does anyone have a source for following quote: There's mystery in room acoustics. A room makes musical sound much more complex. Pure, easily localized tones are engulfed by a deluge of reflections flowing from all quarters. At every moment in a big hall, all notes played in the prior two...
  38. G

    HDCP compliant with Acer P205HC monitor

    I need to know if the Acer P205HC monitor is HDCP compliant. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance, Gregg
  39. H

    XP won't boot please help

    While using my computer the other day it locked up so i had to hold in power switch to turn it off. (I have done this many times with no problems.) However, when I went to turn it on today it goes to the screen asking whether to start normally or in safe mode. No matter which option I choose...
  40. G

    how to configure XP to make full use of available RAM

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I have recently upgraded my Ram to 512,333mhz but hardly i see any great change in file loading or right click menu opening on the desktop. Do i need to adjust the pagefile size to effecitively use the available ram or...