Mac Pro

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Mac Pro.
  1. G

    Solo 2300 Hard Drive

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace it. Am I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to do anything special? Thanks, Marilyn
  2. A

    [SOLVED] Can\'t rember or find my Wep Key

    trying to set-up my cannon MG 5220 printer
  3. B

    BIOS won't flash

    Hi folks, quick question for you. I've got a Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850 and have the dreaded "driver stopped responding and recovered" problem. I've about pulled my hair out trying to fix it. I've tried everything on AMD's "page". I noticed that on Gigabyte's site, there was a BIOS update...
  4. M

    AMD/DDR2 ORLEANS in Q2 06

    Anandtech is saying that AMD will make the move from 939 to M2 in the second quarter of 06. Codename Orleans and will support DDR2 667. <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2476" target="_new">linky</A> ASUS P5WD2 Premium Intel 3.73 EE @ 5.6Ghz XMS2 DDR2 @ 1180Mhz <A...
  5. B

    VERY SERIOUS ATI + VIA ISSUE

    Dear all, Kindly read my thread at: http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33799018 This is a very serious issue, which affects some combinations of VIA and ATI products. We need to urge these companies to fix this problem! Join me in this battle!
  6. T

    Cooling a 9100

    Hey guyz howz it going ? I was wondering what would be the most effective cooling device for my Radeon 9100 Video Card ? I was also wondering how does cooling a video card help its performance and overclocking abilities ? Later tj
  7. T

    New 35w mobileA64's!

    I checked newegg, this new 35w, mobile a64 2800 @1800 mhz, 1.20v. at USD 239. this little ah heck has the potential to be a new overclocking monster like the mobile 2500+. of course only thing im curious about will the multiplier be unlocked all the way if not then it will not be good.but if its...
  8. T

    quick question

    What would you guys say is the best mobo for a xp-m 2500+? I was thinking about getting the ASUS nForce2 Ultra 400 A7N8X-E Deluxe but i heard people have had trouble with the mobo not picking up the mobile processor.
  9. al10677

    A good £600-£700 gaming laptop (UK)

    The title says it all. I have a custom-built gaming PC, but due to me being out-and-about more due to college e.t.c i really need something portable which can play games on high/ultra settings at atleast 50+ fps, all suggestions are welcome also, when you do post the laptop (you don't have to)...
  10. P

    Onboard Audio

    I am looking into the purchase of a KT400 based board, most notably the SOYO Dragon Ultra, and I am wondering if anyone knows how good the onboard audio is. It says that it has 5.1 channel audio, but does it perform well? Is it worth the purchase of a midlevel sound card to supplant the audio...
  11. G

    lcd monitor tv

    Archived from groups: comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video (More info?) i'd like to buy an lcd- or plasma-tv (probably lcd), but if i connect a computer to such a screen, do i get the quality i have with my crt-computer-monitor? (assuming for example an XGA "1,024x768" specification for the lcd-tv...
  12. G

    New graphic card crashing PC when windows loads.

    Hello all. I bough a Nvidia GF520 GT card and instaled it into my pc. When it asked me to restart my PC, i did it. PC started to load the windows configuration (the green line filling) and after that I get a black screen for few seconds and my pc crashes and restarts itself automaticaly. Maybe...
  13. L

    Radeon HD 7770 or GTX 560

    Hi, as of right now, which card offers better performance? I'm looking to do some medium gaming at the moment, flight sims at the most. I have to pick up a new PSU, so I'd like to stay under a budget of 220 USD. Thanks!
  14. N

    9500 card confusion Please Help!

    I am so freakin confused. I ordered an oem 9500 pro card. I got the card and the sticker says Radeon 9500 128m. So I told the sales person that it was not pro. The sales person got on the web and put the 1029423232 (P/N) into a website which stated it was a 9700 pro!!! I called ATI and they said...
  15. G

    processor's FSB

    well talking about FSB or known as Front Side Bus.. I read that PIV is better in softwares that requires deeper or more FSB.. actually wut part does FSB play in software?accomodate more instructions?
  16. R

    Gainward Graphics Cards

    I am inquiring as to the communities feeling towards Gainwards graphics cards. Espically the Geforce FX 5600 128mb. Gainward FX PowerPack! Ultra/760 w/TV-Out & DVI any problems with past or present drivers, hardware, overclocking. Is it supported (driver wise and such) just as much as...
  17. F

    DVD/CD drive - can write can't read

    I'm having a problem with my new DVD/CD writer/reader. When I put in a DVD/CD it starts spining then it stops and HDD LED lits up (no blinking). It doesn't read anything. But I can write with Nero - no problems. I re-installed Windows, and the first DVD I put in worked, but then it stopped...
  18. J

    AMD or P4

    Hey guys, I found out some good info today. Now i can understand how the intell v. AMD war is like ford and chevy, or piper and cessna, but honestly lets step back and take a good look at it. There both goot CPU's, AMD has more clock cycles per seccond, and dosent require special RAM. P4, has...
  19. A

    Canon Pixma MG5300 Printer & Macbook Pro Help?

    Hello, I have gotten a Canon Pixma MG5300 printer and I have also gotten a Macbook Pro on February of this year(2012). My printer is wirelessly connected to my laptop. I have been using both together for approximately five months. They have been working flawlessly great. I have printed away many...
  20. toronado

    Where is the "install by creating media" option?

    I want to do a clean install of Windows 8, but I'm not getting a "install by creating media" option. The only options it gives me are "Install now" or "Install Later from desktop".
  21. B

    Monitor recommendations? £150 budget

    Hey, I'm looking for a new monitor to enjoy my new gaming PC. I'm looking for a 22"-24", 1920x1080 monitor with DVI and VGA connections, and if possible HDMI as well. My budget is £150. Can you offer any recommendations, perhaps from personal experience, on a monitor in this price range which...
  22. schwizer

    Windows 8 Consumer Preview Installation Error

    Downloaded the consumer preview last night. Burnt ISO file to a DVD and tried to install it. I can get to the part where I enter the key. Then right after the part where it asks me which files i would like to keep, i get an error no matter which selection i try. The error: Windows...
  23. B

    23-24" Triple Monitor Setup

    Any recommendations for a 23-24" monitor that is fully matte (screen and bezel) and is under $225?
  24. D

    Display dont work after upgrade

    Hey guys its me again, Previous config Core2Quad Q8400 @ 2.66GHZ 2GB Transcend RAM ANTEC 550w 660 Oc edition Intel G41 Mobo As you guys suggested i bought an i5 3330 , Kingston 4GBx2 RAM , & Gigabyte h61m-s1 I know the mobo is cheap but not trash So my engineer assembed the parts into my...
  25. Z

    8 Gigs in use with 8 reserved

    Hey fellas, I render videos for different side etc, and was wondering how to speed up the compressing process and figured I needed 16g for it. Well I already had 16g on my homebuilt so I wondered why it was a problem and found out its only using 8. I've head on win7 home it only always 8 and if...
  26. B

    NiMh batteries pop out

    Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?) Trying to charge new batteries and after a couple of minutes they and the charger jumped off the wall. Happened twice. I would blame the new batteries but it happened with older ones too on one occasion. I'm pretty sure the polarity was as...
  27. R

    Network security code

    Hello, I can,t find my Network Security Code
  28. F

    Wanting to overclock RC530 laptop's CPU

    Hi. I have a RC530 samsung laptop: I'm trying to find out how to overclock my CPU. Changing its FSB a bit to get the extra mhz out of it. I have an extern laptop cooler as well. I tried to check out the setFSB program, but it seems like it it dosn't support the clock generator on my rc530 - at...
  29. G

    19 inch upgrade - frame rates in the crapper

    Just upgraded my 17 inch Viewsonic to a 19 inch Viewsonic - and my framerates on ST Voyager: Elite force are way down. Running a P3 o/c to 910 mhz w/ a Kyro2 and 256 mb of PPC133. 16 bit color, high quality graphics. Ran very fast on my 17 incher - does a larger screen take more out of the card...
  30. K

    Canon 20D drivers for windows 7

    My new Windows 7 laptop doesn't recognize my Canon 20D and I can't find an updated driver. Any suggestions?
  31. F

    How to partition portable hard disk?

    I have a 160 gb portable hard disk and i want to create 3 partitions? How do I do that?
  32. G

    I get an error message trying to play a dvd

    Hello, When I insert a dvd into "D" drive a get a message saying VLC is unable to open MRL 'dvd://D:\: check the log for details.
  33. R

    Good cpu heatsink for a 1366

    asus cpu heat sink has plastic pins to lock on mobo and it sucks. cpu over heats since my heat sink is dangling... need help finding a new heat sink any suggestions?
  34. V

    I have a 450 watts psu but no 6 pin to connect my gpu...wat do i do??

    i am planning of buying a gts 450 gpu but my psu(450 watts) doesn't have a 6 pin cable.....wat can i do about it?
  35. L

    Looking for a New Video card to play Diablo 3

    Hi all I would like to purchase a new video card that I can Max out graphics in the new Diablo 3 that will be out on May 15th. I want to be able to play it with the best graphics and Zero LAG! Budget: hopefully not more than $200. If more, then I guess I will do a garage sale! lol. My...
  36. WTFO

    Question on heat sink.

    Putting together my first rig and was offered the idea of a heat sink over just the stock cpu cooler. was wondering if more experienced people can help me answer the question of what is a good choice for a heat sink that will easily fit in my case. will be doing some oc'ing. heat sink budget...
  37. D

    Can't set correct FSB:DRAM ratio on ASRock G41M-LE

    I have the ASRock G41M-LE motherboard with BIOS version 1.90. It's the same motherboard that was used for the System Builder Marathon, May '09: $600 Gaming PC. (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/core-2-overclock,review-31589-3.html) I'm using G.Skill HK 4GB DDR2 800 memory (also from the...