Nehalem

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with Nehalem.
  1. B

    PCI Express Notebooks

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) When will the Inspiron notebooks switch from agp to pci express?
  2. O

    [SOLVED] Boot from External HD

    Will a new Imac with OS 10.6.2 boot from am External HD with OS 10.5.8?
  3. G

    Wireless Network - Security

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000 (More info?) I just got DSL and am setting up a wireless network with a wireless router and wireless cards (11g). I have firewalls on each machine as well as in the router. Previously I had networked the machines with an ethernet hub and used...
  4. T

    Athlon 64 3000+ for Socket939 in Q4

  5. P

    Upgrade to a mobile athlon or not?

    Well with my dreams of running my 2.4 @ 3 ghz shattered becuase of the f8cked up p4s8x i got.So i'm stuck with my ga-s8r533p.I was looking on newegg and i could get a mobile 2500+ with a nf7 and sp-97 for like $300.And i was wondering should i do it? or wait for the next gen of cpus to come...
  6. S

    socket 939

    Computers4sure.com has them listed;but not in stock. 3500+ for $580.95 3700+ for $818.95 3800+ for $829.95 Back to real prices for CPU it seems :frown: links at <A HREF="http://www.hardocp.com/" target="_new">http://www.hardocp.com/</A>
  7. S

    Can't recongize cd and dvd after restore

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq (More info?) I have compaq presario 5wv285 with Windows ME. recently, I restored the pc back to the original manafacture settings. But now the windows did not recongize the cd and dvd. The cd and dvd info was in bio. What should I do next? Please help!
  8. hess1

    [SOLVED] Mac Pro running Vista U 32 bit err code 31

    My WiFi & both ethernet ports will not work in Boot Camp if you need to know www.apple.com/bootcamp I can’t get online with vista
  9. R

    CPU Price Drop???

    Anyone know about when we will get some hard information on what the new prices will be with the Intel price drop today? I was guessing monday to see the results. I've been wanting to order a new cpu/mobo this week and wanted to hold out for the price drop to get best performance/price whether...
  10. D

    Setting up 2nd Hard Drive with SSD

    First I just want to thank everyone in advance for their help. So basically I just bought a Samsung 830 128gb SSD. I backed up all my data from my 750gb Western Digital Hard drive, disconnected it and installed my SSD. I then put a fresh install of Windows 7 Home Premium on the SSD, and...
  11. M

    Biostar?

    While searching pricewatch I came across a Biostar m7vkQ mobo with at Duron 800 200 FSB with fan for $85. Seems a great price. The board comes with sound video and lan. All I need it for is simple office work. Email, web surfing, word processing, etc. No big demands on preformance. Does Biostar...
  12. A

    Why wont my external hard drive format?

    Hello, I just got a samsung external hard drive, model F2 for 320 gb of space. I was able to use it fine, putting all of my old files on it and ready for transport. Then my Husband got ahold of it. He tried to load it up with his files off of his folder and it froze his computer. So he unplugged...
  13. A

    Memory Lapse

    Sorry but ive seem to have forgotten if my atlhon is a thoroughbred or palamiono. I have a Atlhon XP 1800+ on the kt266a chipset. Epox 8kha+ mobo. Sorry to disturb you guys. Thanks Adrian
  14. O

    p4 or amd for audio?

    Hello I'm planning to purchase a new computer soon, but I still dont know what cpu I should get. This computer will be used for music, as in, running a secquencer with a lot of virtual instruments and effecets, so CPU and Ram are most important. I'm only planning to get the cpu, mobo, ram, hd...
  15. N

    does a K6-300 need a fan

    i am running an old k6-300 as a suse linux server. i was wondering if i need to run a fan on it? i would like it as quiet as possible so that it can be left on and not noticed whilst i get some sleep. any help would be great NeotrixX
  16. M

    P4 & AMD vs MAC?

    Hi all, i have a really important question... i want to buy a new computer for home and i reading alot of CPU's specs and prices but i can't make a good decission so that's why i come to here. what is the big difference between mac vs p4 or AMD? what u guys recommend me and why? rgds!
  17. G

    AMD pulls tools companies into Hammer orbit

    <A HREF="http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=4448" target="_new">http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=4448</A>. i've plugged my home blower to my case ... dunno what happen ... that works?!?
  18. I

    Backup file size Question

    In my computer I have a 500GB hard drive, but am thinking of upgrading to a 1TB drive at some point. I was thinking that I would transfer my actual data files off of the 500GB drive to the 1TB drive and then use the 500 Gig drive for backups. I just want to know if the backups from a drive that...
  19. H

    integrated 6.1 Audio

    Just a simple newb question. How can 5.1 & 6.1 integrated mobo audio be 5.1 or 6.1 if it only has LINE-IN, LINE-OUT and MIC connectors?
  20. M

    A Spam-Spam world(community)

    as your post of the week(i mean post of the forever) bront would say...this community is controlled by 'trolls'. every post is complaining about "MOMMY, MOMMY, I CANT OVERCLOCK MY t-bred!! WAHHH!!!". it is disorganized and insulting. i know am a member of the best community on the internet...i...
  21. D

    Healthy (At Risk) in disk management

    My main data disk is a 2 disk raid 0, is showing errors, and says "at risk" [/img] I guess this means one of my drives is going out? When I do a chkdsk /r it doesn't seem to find any problems, but when I clear this error it just comes back. Hitachi's DFT won't work for a 64-bit processor, so I...
  22. N

    Extended desktop solution

    Hello, what device i need to connect my PC to two monitors and TV via HDMI
  23. X

    Need Toshiba Satellite C660-M203 Drivers & BIOS?

    Hello! Where could I download drivers & BIOS for "Toshiba Satellite C660-M203" notebook? Thank you!
  24. Z

    SSD Performance Degraded

    My OS drive is a Corsair Force 128 GB: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233125 based on the Sandforce controller and should be around 280 MB/s read & write. I recently noticed slower system performance and decided to benchmark, then realized reads had dropped to 140 MB/s...
  25. E

    General computer question

    This isn't really a cpu post, but seeing as there isn't a general forum, and this forum is the most frequented, I figured i'd post it here. Anyways, as you can probably tell from my name, i play Everquest. For those that don't know, it is a mmorpg, or massively multiplayer rpg. And this...
  26. Z

    Dual Booting problem

    I have windows 8 ios burnt to a usb, got everything partitioned and such, changed the bios for my computer so that itll load all my usb stuff first. However when I plug in my usb, restart my computer and try booting off my usb it still goes stright to windows 7 as if I didn't do anything. What...
  27. N

    Need help, monitor fading to black

    So I have two problems with my monitor (TVera TS-27WQHDIPS). The first problem is that the power connection is extremely dodgy and will cut power to the monitor if my table even shakes slightly. I always have to really push hard on the cable then move my hand away slowly so that it will not turn...
  28. A

    What are registry keys to set IE cache size in IE 10?

    I want to set IE cache size to some value through registry entries...help m out on this.
  29. G

    Lockup Issue

    I have an AMD Athlon 1700+ XP CPU, SOYO DRAGON + Motherboard, 512MB DDR PC2100 Memory, IBM 20GB HDD, GeForce2 MX400 Video, Generic Floppy, Generic CDRom (54x), and ENERMAX Power Supply (EG365P-VE) 350V.. Anyway.. I was haveing problems loading up Windows XP because it would constantly lock up...
  30. P

    Which printer has cheapest ink cartridges

    My printer just took a dive & I must replace it. I would like to get a printer $100 or less with the cheap print cartridges. Are there any printers out there that continue to operate for longer than 2 years?
  31. L

    Migrating XP to Windows 8

    I have 2 Desktops with XP, 1 laptop with XP and one laptop with Windows 7. With the advent of XP support is going to be phased out, in the coming year, I am planning to convert one of the Desktop which is only 2 years old to Windows 8. Microsoft gave a green light to this Desktop for Windows 8...
  32. N

    Crosstalk? Noise with soundcard / videocard

    Hi there, I recently noticed that my soundcard is somehow picking up noise when I perform graphic operations (such as moving windows around the screen) Also certain colours seem to cause more noise than others! I can also hear very quiet noises when the hard drive is working. The noise is...
  33. B

    Can I install Windows 8 Pro with one DVD on multiple computers?

    So I want to install Windows 8 Pro on multiple computers in my household; will buying one of those Windows 8 Pro retail DVD's that say 1-license (for example the one at staples for $69.99) let me install it on these computers? There are a total of 4 computers here.
  34. A

    Hp deskjet 1280 printer series driver for windows 7 64bit

    hp deskjet 1280 driver for windows 7 64 bit
  35. B

    Dual boot 64bit and 32bit

    Hello, is it possible to dual boot windows 8 32bit and windows 7 64bit on another partition or my original MBR is only for 64bit?
  36. J

    AMD or P4

    Hey guys, I found out some good info today. Now i can understand how the intell v. AMD war is like ford and chevy, or piper and cessna, but honestly lets step back and take a good look at it. There both goot CPU's, AMD has more clock cycles per seccond, and dosent require special RAM. P4, has...
  37. G

    quiet Athlon fan

    Need some thoughts on a quiet Athlon fan (for a 1.4G). Tried both Coolermaster EP5-6151 and Globalwin FOP-38, and have not been impressed. Are there quiet AMD-approved solutions available? I really can't work with all the noise. Ken
  38. A

    Canon Pixma MG5300 Printer & Macbook Pro Help?

    Hello, I have gotten a Canon Pixma MG5300 printer and I have also gotten a Macbook Pro on February of this year(2012). My printer is wirelessly connected to my laptop. I have been using both together for approximately five months. They have been working flawlessly great. I have printed away many...
  39. toronado

    Where is the "install by creating media" option?

    I want to do a clean install of Windows 8, but I'm not getting a "install by creating media" option. The only options it gives me are "Install now" or "Install Later from desktop".
  40. K

    safe to run cas2.5 ram at cas2?

    i tweaked my bios according to tom's hardware bios guide and i have 512 mb pc2100 cas2.5 ram and i set it to cas 2 in the bios and it starts and everything looks fine, i was just wondering if thiw was safe or not. or else why would you buy cas 2 ram when you can run cas2.5 ram at cas2 anyway...