OpenGL

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with OpenGL.
  1. S

    which cpu is better?

    intel pentium g2020 2.9 ghz or amd dual core a4-6300
  2. Blackzone70

    Benchmarks for AMD Sapphire R9 280?

    Where can I find benchmarks for the Sapphire r9 280 gpu? I looked online but found no scores on any benchmark test, or charts showing FPS on recent games like Bioshock infinite or Crysis 3.
  3. B

    Going to buy new rig and need someone to check it for me

    hey guys I'm supposedly buying this rig: Cpu: fx-8320 Gpu: gigabyte radeon r9 290 mobo: asus m5a78l-m lx ram: crucial ballistix sport 2x4 gb 1600mhz psu: LC POWER Office Series 600 W PC-voeding (LC600H-12) case: Antec VSK-3000E ( I know it can't be any uglier than this but since I want the r9...
  4. F

    Error Code 00 z87-pro Asus motherboard

    This is a new desktop computer build. Everything was running fine initially. I installed an OS and various software. I then sent the computer away. The computer was running fine for the new user. A few days after the new user complained that "the monitor was not working." When I power...
  5. Y

    Asrock 990fx extreme 3 with amd 9370

    Hello folks, I was wondering if anyone runs the config I mentioned in the title (Asrock 990fx extreme 3 with amd 9370). I found several sites stating that the motherboard supports the cpu in question, but some sites mention the cpu is not compatible with the motherboard and the motherboard just...
  6. B

    the game gets on then after 20-30 secs or so it automatically gets minimized and this goes on simultaneously

    i have a windows 7 laptop where when i switch on a game suppose fifa 14 or 13 , the game runs on for 10-20 secs then automatically gets minimized and then i have to click and bring it back again and this goes on simultaneously which irritates me !! what can i do ??? and one thing that my laptop...
  7. P

    dual nomitor (duplicate display) only 1 working ingame

    Hi guys ! so 2x7970 gh ed CF ... monitor linked using DVI of main gpu card + tv using HDMI of main card , Duplicated display . Everything is fine in windows and was fine before in games to , but a while ago i get the games displaying on only 1 of the screens , the other one not recieving any...
  8. A

    When I Hit Restart Computer Shuts Down Instead

    I have only had this problem recently, when I attempt to restart the computer from windows, it shuts down completely instead of restarting? i have searched online and cant seem to find any one else with this issue, I am running windows 8.1
  9. F

    External Water Cooling Design For 2 PCs

    I'm currently looping to water cool 2 PCs, both identical R9 290 GPU and I4670. There isn't enough space in the phantom 410 cases for the radiators necessary to cool everything without permanent modifications. I've come up with two possible loops for cooling but would like some second opinions...
  10. G

    Burnt smell, PC doesn't turn on, mobo gets energy. Dead CPU? Dead mobo? Both dead?

    I'm a newb to these forums and I know only a thing or two about hardware. I apologize if this is in the wrong section. So, here's what has happened: I was watching a movie, and then I decide to go fetch something on the fridge. As soon as I come back, the PC is off and there's a strong burnt...
  11. R

    Sufficient quality PSU for my build

    Hey boys n girls! Been looking for ages to find a quality PSU to be sufficient enough for my build, at the same time not being to expensive, and keeping quality as the PSU is one of the most important parts in a build, I need one that won't mess up my build entirely..(will probably not be...
  12. H

    Trying to update motherboard BIOS

    So, after discovering that several games on my computer are more laggy and stuttery and frustrating than previously after replacing my busted graphics card with a new one that's supposedly better, even on the lowest settings, I've been looking into doing anything I can to help improve things...
  13. R

    Intall R5450 Graphics Card

    Hello, PC info Lenovo ThinkCentre M2 Model 8212 P4 3Ghz (Prescott) 1 Gig Ram, soon to be upgraded to 3 Gig PCI-e 1.0 slot 225W power supply Tried to install R5450 PCI-e 2.0 card. Plugged monitor into VGA port...NOTHING, BLACK SCREEN, NO SIGNAL, and a beep, beep, beep error message. Removed...
  14. S

    New PC, tell me what you think? :)

    Hi everybody, looking at building a new pc, my rig just doesn't cut it anymore. So far this is what I've come up with, just want some opinions, I'm sort of new to this build your own gear thing but you have to start somewhere right! The idea is that I want to try and get three monitors...
  15. G

    Printscreen help

    Archived from groups: alt.games.morrowind (More info?) Can anyone advise how to set Morrowind to allow a print-screen. I am running Elder Scrolls with the Bloodmoon and Tribunal add-ons. When I attempt a print-screen I get a message that states this hasn't been enabled. Any ideas?
  16. D

    Overclocking CPU??

    The processor I have is a 1055t AMD With stock CPU FAN. I Haven't seen it get above 45C playing Battlefield 3 All high settings, 1 on setting on Ultra, and 1920x1080 resolution. I get 40-70FPS. My Graphics Card is a 6950 Brand New HIS Radeon ICEQ Its irrelevant though because its not a Reference...
  17. O

    Cannot rate my computer performance cause the parameter are incorrest?why?

    Hello, i have a problem about the window experience index of my laptop....i can't rate the system..it state that my laptop 'window experience index' has not yet been established...so, what can i do to solve this problem??
  18. JohnD212

    Will SLI be beneficial?

    Hi. I currently have an Alienware Intel Core 2 (Quad core) Extreme CPU x 9770 @3.20 GHZ (about 3 years old) with 4 GB of RAM running Windows 7. I currently run one GTX 460 super overclocked video card and am considering going with a second GTX460 SOC in SLI. Would this be worthwhile? I am just...
  19. G

    FS: Asteroids N.Y , N.J area

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) Hi, I have an asteroids for sale in Chester N.Y. 10918. The game has new side art and a new overlay. The monitor has been gone over(Capped, transistors and adjustment pots). The power supply has been capped and has a new fuse...
  20. ambam

    Multiple GPU cores on a single die?

    If CPU's can have up to six cores on a single die, why can't they do the same for GPU's? A quad-core GPU on a single PCB would be awesome!
  21. G

    Xp installation problem in a laptop

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) HI... This is my system’s configuration...mercury laptop...centrion processor, 256 ddr ram,20 gb harddisk, xp with sp2 os. The system came with xp installtion. As the system is very slow these days, i thought of...
  22. T

    42" Plasma tv as gaming monitor?...Plasma users help

    I have a 42" Panasonic TCP42S1 Plasma TV. I want to use it for gaming. Come to find out it have a refresh rate of only 60hz... Plasmas dont need to have as high of refresh rates like LCD's but they marketed it as having 600hz. The 600Hz Sub-field Drive anti-blur technology is what is has and...
  23. G

    Faulty Card or PSU? Nvidia GeForce GTX 460

    Hi there, earlier my pc died on me, it turned off and when I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't. I took the side off the case unplugged everything, reset cmos then plugged it all back in. Still the same problem. The green light does appear on the motherboard. When I unplug the two 6 pin...
  24. S

    Crossfire 5970 flicker problem

    Hi I recently brought a SSD which uses a PCIe link card which requires PCIe 4X to work. My motherboard already plugged with 2 ATI 5970 graphic cards under PCIe setting of 16x 16x 1x I plugged the SSD link card (raid card) to the 3rd PCIe slot and went to Bios and change the northbridge chipset...
  25. M

    Newbie OC/Cooling questions

    I have a couple of questions about cooling when overclocking a video card. I've never overclocked a piece of hardware before, mostly been afraid behind having it burst into flames and destroyed do to overclocking it. I have a GeForce2 MX, could someone please help me with these: 1. For 8 bucks...
  26. S

    How to connect external hard disk to laptop

    i have n internal hard disk of pc and i want to connect it to my laptop plese help me..........
  27. Z

    Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 & Windows 7 alternate driver

    Is there any alternative driver for the Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 for Windows 7 64bit version? Adaptec has anounced that they will not release a 64 bit version for this card.
  28. E

    Advice on whether I need a new card

    I have a 3yr old Gateway GM5474 Desktop Computer: ■Processor AMD Athlon™64 X2 6000+, 64-bit dual core processor Operates at 3.0 GHz 2 x 1024 KB L2 cache 2000 MHz system bus ■Chipset NVIDIA® GeForce® 6150SE ■Video NVIDIA GeForce™ 8500GT 256 MB ■Windows Vista Professional ■Power Supply 400 watt...
  29. abuttieri

    What powersupply for dual ati 5870's

    Hello, I am remodeling my box. i am going to run dual 5870's witha i core I7-950. is 1000 watt enough? or should i get more
  30. Q

    Should I buy an iMac or the new Sony Vaio J series?

    Hi Help me out on this, should I get an iMac 21.5 or the Sony Vaio J series (touch screen) both are all in one pcs. Which one would outlast the other in terms of product life? Which one can be better utilized etc?
  31. S

    Swapfile size?

    I have 9gb of ram and a 1tb hard drive. What would be a decent swapfile size for this configuration? Thanks
  32. BuddiLuva

    Can't Enjoy Games Anymore?

    I'm not sure why this has happened, I used to have a shitty laptop which would barely play games from 2005. Then I built my PC that can now max any game (not very well but regardless) so i'm able to play any game however I don't want to. Does anybody else have this problem? I mean I went crazy...
  33. G

    Wordpad & Paint trying to use a forign language

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) When I click on print preview in Wordpad & Paint the buttons in the preview window have blocks on them where there should be text such as "print" "close" etc. If I do a print preview in other programs the buttons...
  34. G

    TKG Video Card 460 with Audio

    Can anyone tell me which GeForce GTX460 is the best and includes audio in the hdmi connection??? (ie ASUS, EGVA, Gigabyte, Gainward, Palit, MSI)
  35. G

    Jedi Academy online crashing computer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?) Good morning folks! I've just had my computer crash 5 times after playing Jedi Acamdemy online for only around 20 minutes. I've installed the latest patch... and that's all I can think of. I'd love to fix this problem if I...
  36. T

    5850? Different brands similar price?

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007709%20600007320%20600007601%20600007779%20600007818%20600007835&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&CompareItemList=48|14-125-318^14-125-318-TS,14-150-491^14-150-491-TS,14-150-477^14-150-477-TS,14-102-884^14-102-884-TS,14-150-494^14-150-494-TS...
  37. Y

    Which card is better

    main question is which is better than other ati hd 4200 vs nvidia 8400gs i know about both card that they are very low profile card but i unable to compare ati 4200 processor-40 core clock-? memory clock-? bus bandwidth-? and other ? nvidia 8400gs processor-8 core clock-450 memory...
  38. G

    Windows Movie Maker 2.1 Send to any server

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.video (More info?) I was wondering if there was a way to send a video to a specific server? (one not in the list). My company has a Windows Streaming Media Server and i want to publish my video to that computer. Is that possible using that...
  39. meodowla

    Direct 2D means something in todays gaming??

    What does the difference in Direct 2D mean............Is it favouring better gaming or better editing/animation purpose?? Tested using Tom2D Benchmark tool. Downloaded from here.
  40. A

    McAfee updates

    Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?) I am new to McAfee, but it came with a 15 month subscription on my mother's new computer. I cannot tell if it is getting updated virus definitions. Are those in a DAT file? "About..." indicates a DAT file with a date of 9/21/05, so I am...