Outlook 2003

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with Outlook 2003.
  1. G

    DCPROMO Does Not Work Across a VPN

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?) Windows Server 2000. I am trying to prepare a server to move to another location. We have a dedicated VPN to the other location. I have joined the server to the remote domain without a problem. However, when I...
  2. G

    Admin Tools On XP Pro

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) I have the admin tools loaded on my XP Pro SP2 Desktop but when I go to edit a group policy not all the objects are visible/available? Is there a patch to fix this?
  3. G

    Add domain admin back to local admin

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?) How can I remotely, without the users knowledge, add the domain admin back to the local administrators group? Thanks
  4. G

    Automatic Updates

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?) How do I get my W2k Pro workstations to just install the Auto Updates and reboot on their own, instead of waiting for the user to never click on the little blue globe? m
  5. G

    Logon hours set to half hour

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory (More info?) Is it possible to set logon hours to the half hour? Like 7:30AM to 4:30PM. If that is not possible can I setup logon hours to give 10 ninute grace period. For example if an employee comes in 10 minutes early, they...
  6. G

    Uninstall DNS and demote a DC

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.dns (More info?) I should demote a Domain Controller (Win2k) and it has a AD integrated DNS Server running (There are more DNS servers in the domain) anyone knowing how I should get rid of the DNS server, before or after I run dcpromo?
  7. G

    CD "Incorrect function"

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Issue: CD provided by friend cannot be read. Receive "Incorrect function" when attempt to browse it via explorer. Tried: Requested 2nd CD which has same problem. Person advises "they can read it" Tried CD both on...
  8. G

    Ryan

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Using Windows XP Pro with SP2. Began receiving error message under RUNDLL window stating the module NvQTwk could not be found on startup of my profile. When I take the RUNDLL out of the startup no error...
  9. G

    Cannot install Service pack with Group Policy on W2K

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?) I have assigned a .MSI for W2K SP4 to the Computer Configuration of my Group Policy. When I reboot a computer that belongs to the OU I have assigned the GP to, it says 'applying software installation settings' and then...
  10. G

    Security for data files

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?) Hi, I am running a document management program called ManageEzy. It is running on a W2K server. I have security to run the program from the "ManageEzy" client and all security is setup from ManageEzy as far as rights -...
  11. G

    TS 2003 ScreenSaver disable

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.misc (More info?) Hi! How i can disable Server 2003 TS client session screensaver? I try look Local Computer Policy\Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Terminal Services... -Teemu
  12. T

    sharing issue

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?) Host computer with server 2000 has a number of folders in my documents set to share with clients on the network, most of which have 98. Tried to add a new folder in my docs and set it to share the same as the other...
  13. M

    Scheduling a reboot

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server (More info?) Hi I was wondering what you guys would think the best way to schedule a 2000 server to reboot would be. I also need to run pre and post commands to stop and startup a database. Any ideas would be appreciated...
  14. T

    microsoft office 2000 premium

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?) Can somebody help me out please. I have microsoft office 97 and I do not remember ever up upgrading to Microsoft Office 2000 premium and I do not have the CDROM or DISK. All of a sudden my computer is asking for the disks in...
  15. S

    Output of the system

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.applications (More info?) I ran the command "tasklist" on the cmd line and came up with the following: I hope you will understand something out of it. Image name PID Session name Session # Mem...
  16. T

    Environmental reboot

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.misc (More info?) One of our servers after taking a power hit (even though it was on a UPS), started rebooting itself making a reference to an environmental issue and that \\NT AUTHORITY is going to reboot the system and a 60 second countdown...
  17. C

    Svchost.exe high memory

    So I noticed that over the past few months the service svchost.exe has taken up a ton of my memory, somtimes just idling I only have 55% memory, Some days the memory will be down to as low as 28% at idle but then the next day it will be running at 50-55% MEM. I have noticed that svchost.exe has...
  18. S

    Cannot load Null.sys installation problem!

    Hello, I have win98 installed and went to do dual boot with windows 2000. After I ran the setup in windows 98, I did the options copy all files to hard drive. I then rebooted and it does the initial stuff liek which partition to install to ect. Then, I reboot liek it asks and it gets to the...
  19. S

    Fatal error

    dear sir when i start the pc its showing fatal error ,then remove coms battery again put and restart the system ,then press f2 its boot , but again start the pc again showing same error sandip
  20. M

    I need restore disk for a Tosshiba Tecra 700ct

    Hello, where can I get a driver for my cd drive
  21. K

    Keyboard

    Hello, I am trying to hook up a Dell keyboard to my deks top but it isn't the orginal one. can you help
  22. R

    Usb free generic human interface device driver win98se

    any download sites or mirror sites for USB HID device drivers. None came with my optical mouse :bounce: Rich
  23. E

    Free download active device mixer

    i want to download active device mixer
  24. G

    Send to 31/2 Floppy A

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsme.general (More info?) I am trying to copy the contents of my Favorites folder to a floppy disk. When I get to the 'M' category of words, a message dialog informs me that I cannot create file so & so. Several attempts produced the same result. What...
  25. A

    NVIDIA 250/450 GTS 1GB Graphics

    Hello, im traying to conect comcast cable to my conputer what due you remoned
  26. M

    Www.yahoo.com reroutes to www.no.yahoo.

    www.yahoo.com is rerouting me to www.no.yahoo (norway
  27. G

    how do i make a url shortcut

    Hi all I would like to burn a cd and have a couple of shortcuts in the root dir of the cd to programs on the cd that are a few subdirectories down ,how would I make a shortcut (URL? iv been told is the best way) without knowing what the drive letter of the cd-rom drive will be EG i want to run...
  28. G

    Windows XP takes too long to boot

    Hello, I have a Acer Travelmate 6592. The specs are : Core 2 Duo T7300 2GB RAM 120GB HDD 15.4IN WSXGA+ DVDRW Draft N BT XPP Notebook. Build in GMA 3100 Graphics. It has windows XP professional 32-bit on it. I dont know why, But it takes too much time to boot up. Probably like 1 min 30 sec. What...
  29. kroeger

    Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

    I have been having problems with the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility. The black splash screen comes up and then nothing, it just sits there the program does not load fully. Processor : i7 3930k Motherboard : DX79TO Extreme tuning utility : version 3.​1.​201.​5...
  30. J

    Web cam

    Hello, I have a acer aspire one d257-13657 and I don't know what happens, my webcam's not working, what should I do?
  31. A

    speed decrease using WPA

    I have read that you can expect 10-20% decrease in speed using WEP. Can anyone give me a figure about how much the speed will take a hit using WPA? Thanks.
  32. D

    Programs for Video Editing

    What are some good programs for video editing? I would like to edit home movies, add pictures, add music or naration. How does the program capture the portion of film?
  33. G

    Wireless connection, 2Wire Homeportal, 3 computers

    Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless (More info?) Room "A" includes: (1) 2Wire Homeportal (broadcasting on 802.11b) - hooked to outside world via DSL connection (1) Windows PC, currently connected to 2Wire device via Cat5 ethernet cable Room "B" includes: (1) Windows PC (1) Windows...
  34. C

    How to connect samsung gt-b7722 to pc for internet

    send me the step by step process to connect the Internet by using Gt-B7722 in my laptop windows XP
  35. O

    Dialing Rules different in 7 vs. XP?

    I just got my work laptop re-imaged to Windows 7 from XP, and I'm having an issue with a program (Mitel UC Express) I use to dial phone calls. As far as I can tell, my settings are all the same as they were before, but my computer seems to have gone stupid when it comes to dialing rules. In...
  36. A

    Shared Key with wireless in Linux -- is this possible?

    Archived from groups: (More info?) Hi all, I've spent the last 2 days trying to connect to our wireless network at work, and I think I've finally found the issue... we used shared key on our access points, but all I've read says Linux has issues with shared key and generally won't work. My...
  37. B

    My Dell A920 revs up like its going to print, but then stops. It says the ink ca

    My printer says the ink cartridge is missing and shows no ink levels, black or color. Both cartridges are in but it won't print. The docs are in the ques and says the printer is ready. I have changed the cart but still doesn't work
  38. T

    Audigy SE on Vista 32 bit

    I just got a new system and upgraded from Vista Basic to Business (32 bit). I also just got an Audigy SE card. There was a sticker on the box that explicitly stated will work with Windows Vista. I installed the included software after installing the card and things seemed to go ok except one...
  39. F

    Driver

    Hello,
  40. G

    Steam Extends Holiday Games Sale

    Valve's extending the Holiday Sales until January 7th. Steam Extends Holiday Games Sale : Read more